Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
In all likelyhood if that poster is considering a Shingles vaccination, they are over 60 years old. It's not given to anyone under the age of 50 at all.

If said poster is a Senior, then they probably had all those childhood diseases and doesn't need vaccinations for them. Natural immunity to the disease also contributes to your Herd Immunity.
does that address infants or those who are immunocompromised?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:24 AM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
According to Shelly Burgess, an FDA spokesperson, the FDA and CDC "have not detected new safety concerns or unusual reporting patterns." That's odd, because the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), jointly operated by the FDA and CDC, has received more than 59,000 reports of adverse reactions to pneumococcal and Hib vaccines during the past several years. More than half of these cases - 30,094 - required hospitalization, with 2,169 deaths. About 95 percent of these deaths were in children under three years of age.

In the last five years, from 2006 through 2010, 17,595 people in the U.S. reported adverse reactions to pneumococcal and Hib vaccines; 464 of these people died after receiving their shots. It should also be noted that these numbers only represent "official" reports to VAERS. The former head of the FDA, David Kessler, has estimated that for every official report of an adverse drug reaction, about 100 other people are also hurt but fail to make a report.

In Japan, most vaccines are not required, so the mad, coercive tactics used by American vaccine officials to vaccinate all U.S. children and adults is not universal. In fact, Japanese infants are only expected to receive polio and DTaP vaccines. Pneumococcal and Hib vaccines were recently added to the Japanese schedule but are optional. Compare that to the more crowded, dangerous, and lucrative U.S. infant vaccine schedule: babies are expected to receive several doses of polio, DTaP, hepatitis B, pneumococcal, Hib, rotavirus, and influenza vaccines.
In summary, four Japanese children died after receiving vaccines and the Japanese Ministry of Health immediately halted the vaccine program. U.S. health officials declared this action "foolish" even though it is likely to save additional babies from harm. In the United States, thousands of people died after receiving vaccines for the very same diseases but authorities don't give a damn. U.S. vaccine authorities believe that children are expendable, a guaranteed, targeted market to be used for commercial benefit. Disability and death of U.S. citizens after receiving mandated vaccines is merely treated as the cost of doing business.

Again - things are taken out of context - "Japan has a vaccine problem.
No, there isn't anything wrong the Prevnar or ActHIB vaccines that they are using. They have temporarily suspended these vaccines since last week after reports of four deaths in children, even though there was no direct casual relationship between the vaccines and the deaths. The children were of different ages (six months to two years), some had underlying medical problems, many received different combinations of vaccines, and many of the vaccines came from different lots."

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
most pediatricians by me will refuse to see patients who won't vaccinate their kids...seems to be a common thing these days....
Ah, but there are pediatricians who will space out vaccinations by parents requests. My daughter has told me that her Pediatrician does that. Do you disagree with better late than NEVER? If two adults are holding down a screaming, kicking 2 year old trying to give him a shot, you don't think they won't wait? "Next visit" his doctor said. Next visit was 6 months later. Imagine trying to hold down a teenager who didn't want a Flu Shot?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
does that address infants or those who are immunocompromised?
Absolutely, because infants or those immune compromised will not catch the disease from somebody who cannot catch the disease themselves whether you believe that is because they were vaccinated or have lifetime immunity from having the disease themselves. If Gramps had measles, mumps, chicken pox as a child, he won't be catching it AGAIN, or giving them to anyone. This is why I commented on the other poster getting his Shingles vax. Correlating his AGE from that Shingles vaccination.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
According to Shelly Burgess, an FDA spokesperson, the FDA and CDC "have not detected new safety concerns or unusual reporting patterns." That's odd, because the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), jointly operated by the FDA and CDC, has received more than 59,000 reports of adverse reactions to pneumococcal and Hib vaccines during the past several years. More than half of these cases - 30,094 - required hospitalization, with 2,169 deaths. About 95 percent of these deaths were in children under three years of age.

In the last five years, from 2006 through 2010, 17,595 people in the U.S. reported adverse reactions to pneumococcal and Hib vaccines; 464 of these people died after receiving their shots. It should also be noted that these numbers only represent "official" reports to VAERS. The former head of the FDA, David Kessler, has estimated that for every official report of an adverse drug reaction, about 100 other people are also hurt but fail to make a report.

In Japan, most vaccines are not required, so the mad, coercive tactics used by American vaccine officials to vaccinate all U.S. children and adults is not universal. In fact, Japanese infants are only expected to receive polio and DTaP vaccines. Pneumococcal and Hib vaccines were recently added to the Japanese schedule but are optional. Compare that to the more crowded, dangerous, and lucrative U.S. infant vaccine schedule: babies are expected to receive several doses of polio, DTaP, hepatitis B, pneumococcal, Hib, rotavirus, and influenza vaccines.
In summary, four Japanese children died after receiving vaccines and the Japanese Ministry of Health immediately halted the vaccine program. U.S. health officials declared this action "foolish" even though it is likely to save additional babies from harm. In the United States, thousands of people died after receiving vaccines for the very same diseases but authorities don't give a damn. U.S. vaccine authorities believe that children are expendable, a guaranteed, targeted market to be used for commercial benefit. Disability and death of U.S. citizens after receiving mandated vaccines is merely treated as the cost of doing business.

VAERS reports do not establish a causal relationship between the event and the vaccine. It says that on their main page.

No vaccines are required in the US either. Japan is a very vaccine hesitant country, and they have paid the price. They discontinued DTP vaccine in the 1970s and had a big pertussis epidemic with deaths. They discontinued MMR for a while and got a rubella epidemic with a number of cases of Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS). You know, catacts, mental retardation, heart problems, stuff like that from pregnant women getting rubella disease.

Pneumococcal and Hib vaccines are part of the Japanese schedule. https://www.jpeds.or.jp/uploads/file...%20ENGLISH.pdf

Plus what xray731 said.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-20-2017 at 11:28 AM..

Old 04-20-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, because infants or those immune compromised will not catch the disease from somebody who cannot catch the disease themselves whether you believe that is because they were vaccinated or have lifetime immunity from having the disease themselves. If Gramps had measles, mumps, chicken pox as a child, he won't be catching it AGAIN, or giving them to anyone. This is why I commented on the other poster getting his Shingles vax. Correlating his AGE from that Shingles vaccination.
what about other people also not getting shots passing along the diseases will building up their immunity?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
I'm 42 actually, and yah I know I can't get it until 50+.

Yes, I had childhood immunizations consistent with someone born in 1974, but haven't had a needle pierce my skin since I was age... 13 I think.

I rarely come into any contact with elderly people, children, or immunocompromised people.

I never get the flu. It's not my responsibility to get the flu shot or flu mist, but if I GOT sick with influenza it would be my responsibility to take myself out of the community for the time it took to get past the contagious stage (whatever that is).

I'm glad we have a choice, and I will exercise my choice.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
what about other people also not getting shots passing along the diseases will building up their immunity?
Just my opinion, but I think that the chicken pox vaccination has caused the increase in shingles. Adults not getting their chicken pox "boosters" when children, because of vaccination, are not getting chicken pox. Only a disease for old people? Hardly. Adults in their 30's and younger are now coming down with shingles. WHY? The medical professionals like to say the older you get the more your chance of getting shingles. Doesn't this contract it? No matter. Create another vaccine to prevent it.

One medical professional on here quoted that over 80 years old greatly increases the rate for shingles. Well, how much exposure in the past did an over 80 year old person have with children with chicken pox to begin with? 30, 40, 50, 60 year olds DID in the past but not even that today.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Ah, but there are pediatricians who will space out vaccinations by parents requests. My daughter has told me that her Pediatrician does that. Do you disagree with better late than NEVER? If two adults are holding down a screaming, kicking 2 year old trying to give him a shot, you don't think they won't wait? "Next visit" his doctor said. Next visit was 6 months later. Imagine trying to hold down a teenager who didn't want a Flu Shot?

it's called being a parent...my kid screamed and we still had them get the shot, because it's best for my kid...it's also why I don't let them eat ice cream for breakfast even when they cry....I'd rather deal with crying and screaming for a few min than illness/disease.

Last edited by Metsfan53; 04-20-2017 at 02:11 PM..

Old 04-20-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm 42 actually, and yah I know I can't get it until 50+.

Yes, I had childhood immunizations consistent with someone born in 1974, but haven't had a needle pierce my skin since I was age... 13 I think.

I rarely come into any contact with elderly people, children, or immunocompromised people.

I never get the flu. It's not my responsibility to get the flu shot or flu mist, but if I GOT sick with influenza it would be my responsibility to take myself out of the community for the time it took to get past the contagious stage (whatever that is).

I'm glad we have a choice, and I will exercise my choice.

like I said- there's a whole world beyond what's outside your door....you might try discovering that some day....when you touch a door knob with germs and someone comes by twenty minutes later and touches it, you're spreading germs even if you've never seen the person....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies