Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:49 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly, just look at what Islam says about homosexuality and women, I just don't understand why so many Liberals are so accepting and welcoming of the teachings of Islam, yet are disgusted and violent to just let a Conservative give a speech to their supporters.
Why are the people who're smart enough to know that liberalism isn't a mental disorder, so ignorant about the Bible? I don't understand why so many conservatives are so accepting and welcoming of what the Bible says about homosexuality and women or how someone can be so ignorant as to blindly follow the fundamentalist teachings of any ancient religion.

Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 03:55 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They probably most likely do. Why isn't there more public outrage from them????
I think many on the left dislike Islam because it's inconsistent with liberal western values, but accept it because in this country we allow freedom of religion. We understand that it's the root of a lot of violence and strife around the world, but it's practitioners are overwhelmingly peaceful. I'm afraid that conservatives view Muslims as an existential threat. They don't want refugees from predominantly Islamic nations and freak out about mosques going into their neighborhoods because they view Islam as a trojan horse meant to undermine the United States.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:10 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Most likely because we see them aligning with the creator of the Woman March. Linda Sarsour is hateful, un-American, and wants to change America.

Plus, when President Obama said, he was going to Fundamentally change America.......why did Liberals take this as Hope & Change?

America has laws against this, there would be punishment.......so there danger is rare in America. Yet, in Islam countries it is legal.....there are no "Fundamentalist" Christians in Islamic countries.

There aren't nearly as many "fundamentalist" Christians in America as the Left likes to purport either.

To the many on the Left, all Conservatives are Christian and all Christians are "fundamentalists".

Old 04-29-2017, 04:50 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Muslim father tricked lesbian daughter to go to Dubai (where being gay is punishable by death) by saying her mom was dying. When her and her girlfriend found out the truth they fled. Her father followed and stole her passport and visa. They still took off to escape him. The couple were found detained in Turkey for traveling there without a passport and visa. But still liberals make Christianity out to be as bad or worse than Islam when it comes to homosexuals.

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/p...39579332768469

Old 04-30-2017, 06:27 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Many of the liberals I know, myself included, have a dim view of Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They probably most likely do. Why isn't there more public outrage from them????
Because we recognize people's right to practice their faith regardless of whether we agree with it or not.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Honestly, just look at what Islam says about homosexuality and women, I just don't understand why so many Liberals are so accepting and welcoming of the teachings of Islam, yet are disgusted and violent to just let a Conservative give a speech to their supporters.
They don't support it. Don't you remember when hillary lied to cover up her gun running in Benghazi and she said crazy muslims were rioting over a video. The left defended her bigotry.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:15 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Why are the people who're smart enough to know that liberalism isn't a mental disorder, so ignorant about the Bible? I don't understand why so many conservatives are so accepting and welcoming of what the Bible says about homosexuality and women or how someone can be so ignorant as to blindly follow the fundamentalist teachings of any ancient religion.

Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)
And God intervened and a lamb was offered up as a sacrifice.

Husbands , love your wives as Christ loved the church(his people) and laid down his life for it.

Do it unto the Lord and it will go well than to rebel as a slave and it will be a much harder time for you.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:35 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
You're comparing apples to oranges. I'm accepting of everyone's freedom to worship as they wish within the confines of the local law, Islam included along with Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, etc. I'm accepting of individual people who follow Islam on a case-by-case basis. I do not agree with certain hard-line Islamic teachings and practices, certainly not religious jihad.

Some of my best friends are conservatives. I accept their right to vote and speak as they choose within the confines of the law. I do not agree with them on many political and social points.

The difference should be pretty apparent to anyone with a brain.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:59 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Because we recognize people's right to practice their faith regardless of whether we agree with it or not.
But that doesn't mean that you have to defend that faith tooth and claw, or refuse to recognize the obvious problems with it, or deny the wisdom of not wanting to see that faith gain further influence or more adherents in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies