Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:21 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's a load of crap. We just don't go out of our way to demonize every single Muslim on the planet because of the actions of a few. Which is exactly what the right does, again and again and again.
So...you are okay with sharia law, forcing women to cover up head-to-toe while the husband is wearing shorts and a T-shirt? You are okay with them killing gays? You think it's just fine when a woman is raped, she is the one that gets killed instead of her rapist? You are okay with honor killings? Do you know that some Muslims who live in the west have killed their daughters when the daughters become westernized? Is that okay with you? How do you feel about cutting? How do feel about Muslims who force their young daughters into engagements with a man they don't know and lives in, for example, Pakistan? I've seen it happen more than once in my area. The poor girl gets shipped to Pakistan and forced to marry.

Yes, there are Muslims who are secular and don't subscribe to any of the above^^^^. However, there are far too many who want to impose their ways on western society. Look at the Muslim refugees in Europe who see nothing wrong with sexually assaulting women.

Ponder this --- If Muslims don't want to be "demonized" like you imagine, then why aren't they speaking up very loudly and denouncing everything I mentioned above? Why do they sit back and allow those brave Muslims who speak out against those things to get fatwas put on them? Why aren't they standing behind these brave ones instead of leaving them twisting in the wind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 03:22 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
are you seriously equating terrorist Islamists that murder people throughout the world daily in the name of Islam, including each other, with fundamentalist Christians?

the delusion of Progressives boggles the mind.
Exactly.

There is no comparison. And besides, many people who identify as Christian aren't "fundamentalists" and many Conservatives aren't even particularly religious.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:25 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
How is that any different than the "Religious Right" Christian fundamentalists that make up a huge portion of today's GOP?
Ummm...last I checked, even the most ardent Christians don't stone women for being raped, nor do they throw homosexuals off of buildings.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:26 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you are okay with sharia law, forcing women to cover up head-to-toe while the husband is wearing shorts and a T-shirt? You are okay with them killing gays? You think it's just fine when a woman is raped, she is the one that gets killed instead of her rapist? You are okay with honor killings? Do you know that some Muslims who live in the west have killed their daughters when the daughters become westernized? Is that okay with you? How do you feel about cutting? How do feel about Muslims who force their young daughters into engagements with a man they don't know and lives in, for example, Pakistan? I've seen it happen more than once in my area. The poor girl gets shipped to Pakistan and forced to marry.

Yes, there are Muslims who are secular and don't subscribe to any of the above^^^^. However, there are far too many who want to impose their ways on western society. Look at the Muslim refugees in Europe who see nothing wrong with sexually assaulting women.

Ponder this --- If Muslims don't want to be "demonized" like you imagine, then why aren't they speaking up very loudly and denouncing everything I mentioned above? Why do they sit back and allow those brave Muslims who speak out against those things to get fatwas put on them? Why aren't they standing behind these brave ones instead of leaving them twisting in the wind?
This is exactly what I was talking about, I foolishly thought people understood more about Islam and Sharia. I was too lazy to type out all of the details.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:39 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They aligned with Muslims, believed in free health care and guaranteed jobs. They confiscated inherited wealth and spent a lot of money on public education. They Attack on people of faith and purged the church from public policy, inserted the authority of the state into every nook and cranny of daily life. They declared war on smoking, supported abortion, euthanasia, and gun control. They loathed the free market, maintained a strict racial quota system in their universities where campus speech codes were all the rage.

Who is they? The Nazi's

We see the same beliefs and strategy employed today by liberals and their politicians.
Bravo Sierra.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,998 times
Westbrook brothers indicted for alleged welfare fraud at Portland market | WCSH6.com

Immigrants are taking advantage of our generosity. Being from NJ I see it every day.

Trump, fulfill your campaign promises, "America First"

Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's a load of crap. We just don't go out of our way to demonize every single Muslim on the planet because of the actions of a few. Which is exactly what the right does, again and again and again.
That's right. Liberals don't demonize people that agree with them but if a single cop shoots a BLM person who is committing a robbery, democrats will quit their part time job and start a riot. Good to be a democrat..

Old 04-26-2017, 03:59 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
That's right. Liberals don't demonize people that agree with them but if a single cop shoots a BLM person who is committing a robbery, democrats will quit their part time job and start a riot. Good to be a democrat..
UC Berkeley is a liberal haven as we all know and look at the garbage going on with cancelling Coulter from speaking. I don't like Coulter but you know what if you don't like what she says you ignore her. You don't riot because someone has differing views on things.

Bunch of ass-backward thinking going on in a lot of colleges. Ideas are to be discussed, analyzed and arguments made for or against. You don't just shutdown someone because you don't like what they say.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Thumbs up College kids like parents' basements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
UC Berkeley is a liberal haven as we all know and look at the garbage going on with cancelling Coulter from speaking. I don't like Coulter but you know what if you don't like what she says you ignore her. You don't riot because someone has differing views on things.

Bunch of ass-backward thinking going on in a lot of colleges. Ideas are to be discussed, analyzed and arguments made for or against. You don't just shutdown someone because you don't like what they say.
Back in the '90's colleges had these loony left CIA types that promoted central America and bashed the U.S. On countless of campuses to promote books and nobody rioted then.

Liberals are officially snowflakes and colleges are teaching college kids to be morons. Nobody is hiring stupid closed minded, anti- social graduates who can't handle confrontation. They won't get hired. Living in parents basement seems acceptable to democrats and basement addresses for liberal milinial is rising.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:11 PM

626 posts, read 381,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Did you not read this entire thread? I am a liberal and hate all religion! The world would be better without it.
What an intolerant and uneducated thing to say.

Without religion there would have been no Martin Luther King Jr, no Ghandi. Plenty of charitable and thoughtful organizations are inspired by religion. Religion has done plenty of great things to this world.

An argument can be made that atheism is technically a form of religion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies