Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:19 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Social Justice Warriors and left fascism wants to destroy Western values. This is a goal they share with the radical Islam. That women in Islam are treated poorly is not an issue for these people.
I like how you people just blather on and on even when you've been told your ideas about us are untrue.

Because I hold Western values in such high esteem - freedom, individuality, equity - I must uphold those values for everyone, even those with whom I vehemently disagree.

Again, why is this a difficult concept to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Social Justice Warriors and left fascism wants to destroy Western values. This is a goal they share with the radical Islam. That women in Islam are treated poorly is not an issue for these people.
I think it's time to turn off the Alex Jones...

Old 04-27-2017, 06:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Because, "The end justifies the means".

People aren't as irrational as they seem. Liberals see Muslims as allies in a larger fight against conservatism. They defend Muslims, as a means of defending themselves, and to further their interests.

Think of it like "freedom of speech". No one actually believes that other people should have freedom of speech. But, they believe that they should have freedom of speech, and they realize that they can only have freedom of speech, if they let others have freedom of speech as well.

And the truth is, when they believe they can take freedom of speech away from others, withing risking a loss of freedom of speech for themselves, they do.

Don't focus on what people say; people will rarely admit their real motivations. If they support something, think of how they benefit from it, and that will explain why they believe it.

As I always say, "People believe what they want to believe. And they want to believe things which are useful. No one wants to believe something that limits or opposes them. They instinctively reject it, and look for a justification to ignore it or attack it."

We aren't here to find out if we are right. We're here to tell others they are wrong.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You mean like every time they challenge it in Court?

Over and over again.............
Exactly. Every time they challenge religious zealots in court because the zealots want to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:40 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
There is a difference between a liberal (who accepts opposing points of views) versus a radical SJW intolerant left winger. In other words the liberals have been infected with a high degree of intolerance and fascism.
Yes, new terms have been cropping up lately such as "Il-liberal" and "regressive left" Some people are going around talking about needing a new center. IDK, I'm center slight left, sounds good too me.

Liberal as a term has been hijacked, destroyed and friggin stomped on to the point that it doesn't' even hardly resemble what the text book definition is anymore.

This stuff going down in Berkeley and other colleges is a prefect example of shutting free speech down because you don't like a particular point of view. They throw around terms like racist to shut people down.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:00 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Why are Liberals so in love with Islam?

Well, this is a great paradox, that's for sure.

The only thing that even remotely comes close to a rational explanation, is that Conservatives are against Islam, so Liberals robotically just cling to the opposite of whatever Conservatives do.

That's the only explanation that, while still nonsensical, does adds up.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-28-2017 at 02:11 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 02:10 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't want ANY fundie religion telling me what I can or can't do with my body or who I can sleep with.

Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Since Islam isn't busy trying to insert their religion into my government - Christianity is the one I have to focus on most.

I feel like if Christian fundies had their way - women would be second class citizens and homosexuals would be killed.

Not your everyday Methodist, mind you, strictly fundies.
Yeah? Wait till Islam becomes a political force in this country. Better yet, move to a Muslim majority country that already exists. Indonesia, which is considered by far the most progressive and democratic of all Muslim majority countries, forces females to undergo the "2 finger test" before being allowed to serve in public roles like police forces.

Yeah, just you wait.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Why the heck do you care if somebody is accepting of gay marriage or not? I also like the indirect bash on single parents there - classy!
I don't care if someone chooses to "marry" a lamp post and their copy of Windows, but I do care when such choices and the relationships involved are presented to children as normal, valid and wholesome. As to single-parent households, I was raised by my grandparents after my mother decided partying was more important than efforts towards the child she chose to bring into the world rather than take the more logical choice of abortion. But while my grandparents were by every measure blood family, I knew our arrangement was neither ideal nor "normal". There's the fact.

On the Islam part, at my daughter's school an incident occurred. During a lesson, the kids were sitting scattered about, some on the floor, some on the beanbags, and a few, including mine, on the sofa. The teacher asked my daughter why she was sitting at the far end and my girl said "because I choose to and feel more comfortable here". Called out into the hall, the teacher asked further. I've taught my daughter to be honest, and she replied "I'm fine there, and I don't want to sit squished up against [classmate]". The teacher asked why and my girl, still being honest, answered "because she's Muslim and it makes me uncomfortable, so I choose to sit at the other side where I can still participate just as well." The teacher tried to give me a talking to when I arrived for pickup. I asked, "Did my daughter harm or insult anyone? Was she rude?" "No, but we want everyone to be friends." "That's not realistic." I replied. "Life is about getting along, not about being friends with hugs for everyone. If she was physically harmful, or insulting, or out of line, we'll talk about it. As it is, I see no problem as she found a way to deal with it without being any of the above."

My daughter moved to another private school, actually a far better one academically, the following September. That first school was a little too liberal, but to took me awhile to learn that.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
I am what you would consider a liberal. I do not accept Islam or any other authoritarian type of religion (that includes Christianity). As far as religions go however, I am more accepting of Christianity than I ever will be of Islam even though I am not a believer. Islam, however, has no place in a civilized Western society.

I attack conservatives because they continuously try and enact Draconian policies that f*** the elderly, poor, middle class, minorities, non-religious, etc. I absolutely loathe their thinly veiled attempts at inserting their religious dogma into the government and publicly funded institutions like schools by trying to pass off "intelligent design" as a valid scientific theory.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:15 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Unconditionally supporting a group they deem to be underdogs gives progressives a chance (in their minds) to pat themselves on the back.
Pretty much this^

Liberalism is a culture based on making excuses for why things are the way they are instead of just accepting the easiest answers because one doesn't like the truth. Most liberals tend to see the world how they would like it to be instead of how it really is.

Don't get me wrong, conservatism is a hugely flawed ideology as well, but this this is the best way to some up why liberals are so lost on things like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies