Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,324,884 times

Advertisements

There was an awful mix-up. In the space where their brains should have gone, horse$h!t was put in instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Again, WHY is there such a fear Islam will somehow corrupt Americanism??? Too much of FEAR Alternative Information has been spread to cause such BROAD Fear of Islam. Muslims mostly are peace loving and have NO interest in pushing their religion on others.
But what about the Muslims who do want to push their religion onto others, and are quite aggressive about doing so? Do you just pretend that they don't exist? They seem to be quite numerous to me.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:38 PM

3,757 posts, read 2,589,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Unconditionally supporting a group they deem to be underdogs (Islam) gives progressives a chance (in their minds) to pat themselves on the back.
Yeah, this ^

And my opinion, it also gives cultural-Marxists a chance to subvert the Western Civilization they hate/resent. It's a two-fold strategy (again just my subjective perspective).

Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

This nonsense is no different than the 2-faced hypocrite descendants of once-hated immigrant groups in this nation demanding for "somebody to do something to keep those dirty foreigners out." No perspective, empathy, understanding of history, or intellectual honesty among them.
And no logic from you. The phrase "Anyone whose great-great-grandfather was an immigrant cannot be a proponent of enforcing our immigration/citizenship laws" doesn't follow logically. At all.

And "The Christian world was once 'screwed up,' therefore Islam is okay," is a logical non-starter as well.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,858,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ummm...last I checked, even the most ardent Christians don't stone women for being raped, nor do they throw homosexuals off of buildings.
People know about radical Islam and the overt homo/transphobia and sexism, but the killing of one's soul little by little, day after day, by fundamentalist Christians is a lot worse than someone coming in your house and throwing you off a building. I am transgendered. When I came out I was disowned by my family, and shunned by the church. Looking back I would rather have been killed outright than lose my family, but I didn't have a choice. Knowing my family is alive, and wants very little to do with me is a hell I can't describe. This happens far too often to LGBT Christians such as myself. I have no ill will toward them, if I did I wouldn't miss them so much I try not to think about it. But I do miss them, and still love them. Very much.

SO while certain Christians don't murder the body, they do kill the soul slowly, and that is far more brutal than a physical death.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:13 PM

31,166 posts, read 22,192,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BUT this belief system is NOT accepted in USA nor Canada or any other true democracy. Those who conduct such things like Honour Killings of their wife/children get prosecuted. SO what's the double standard?? Sharia Law isn't nor ever will be adopted in any true democracy.

So to paint Isalm and allmutilation who happen to be Muslim seems rather fear mongered created. ALL of the Muslim's will be judged by you very own LEGAL system..

Again, WHY is there such a fear Islam will somehow corrupt Americanism??? Too much of FEAR Alternative Information has been spread to cause such BROAD Fear of Islam. Muslims mostly are peace loving and have NO interest in pushing their religion on others.

Meanwhile some Fundies LOVE to elect Politicians who LOVE to make laws to SUPPRESS freedoms of others??
So, just let's get real.. America is safe.. Conservative Judges don't hold the only vote to protect "Freedom of Religion".. just reminding you all!
And in spite of those "Fundies" we have progressed into the Liberal Nation we are. It shows the path that a predominately Christian country can go, just like most of the West. Islamic countries on the other hand are going in the other direction and even Muslims here (See thread on Muslim Doctor Performing Female genital mutilation here) and Pew, on adherence to Sharia law in the US.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:26 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,037,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The OP has a point and this is one that Bill Maher agrees with too. Even moderate Muslim cultures embrace gender discrimination and oppose same sex rights. Liberals should be critical of these values yet do not speak out against it. It is a double standard. As someone who is liberal, I agree with the OP. It's a double standard and hypocritical.
And yet other moderate Muslim cultures don't. Oh wait! That's because it's not a Muslim thing, it's a political thing. Some countries that happen to be Muslim have political values that are discriminating. Just like how, truthfully, some non-Muslim Americans would be fine with discriminating laws.

Russia isn't Muslim. They recently passed a bill decriminalizing beating your wife.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:49 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,157,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly, just look at what Islam says about homosexuality and women, I just don't understand why so many Liberals are so accepting and welcoming of the teachings of Islam, yet are disgusted and violent to just let a Conservative give a speech to their supporters.
That's kind of a stereotype, and not all liberals fit it. I'm a liberal, and you most definitely won't find me as an apologist for that ideology. Quite the opposite in fact.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,369,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly, just look at what Islam says about homosexuality and women, I just don't understand why so many Liberals are so accepting and welcoming of the teachings of Islam, yet are disgusted and violent to just let a Conservative give a speech to their supporters.
Social Justice Warriors and left fascism wants to destroy Western values. This is a goal they share with the radical Islam. That women in Islam are treated poorly is not an issue for these people.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:07 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,369,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's kind of a stereotype, and not all liberals fit it. I'm a liberal, and you most definitely won't find me as an apologist for that ideology. Quite the opposite in fact.
There is a difference between a liberal (who accepts opposing points of views) versus a radical SJW intolerant left winger. In other words the liberals have been infected with a high degree of intolerance and fascism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies