Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:17 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,413,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It is my business when they are attempting to insert their dogma into our laws. What they do in their own lives is fine, as long as they keep it there.
Totally agree. That being said, ALL religions need to be afforded the right to practice their beliefs and if we give accommodations to one religion (I'm looking at you Christianity) then we need to do it for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about, I foolishly thought people understood more about Islam and Sharia. I was too lazy to type out all of the details.
Yeah I'm ignoring posts like that and have been for awhile. I don't have the time, energy or inclination to do research for people anymore. Let 'em figure it out themselves.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:22 PM

9,326 posts, read 4,169,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly, just look at what Islam says about homosexuality and women, I just don't understand why so many Liberals are so accepting and welcoming of the teachings of Islam, yet are disgusted and violent to just let a Conservative give a speech to their supporters.
You're speaking too broadly. Here are some things to consider:

Americans, by definition, are urged to be tolerant of other people's religion. That does not apply to political parties.

Basic Islam (I'm speaking of ordinary people, not radicals or zealots) have ideas that pertain to themselves, especially in other countries. Conservatives are in America, angling for policies that affect all Americans.

True Islam, first, does not necessarily match what extremists preach, and, second, in many respects isn't very different from the ideas of Orthodox Jews and Evangelical Christians.

I don't know of anyone, myself, who actually is "welcoming" of Islam. Don't confuse toleration with welcome.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You mean like every time they challenge it in Court?

Over and over again.............
Examples?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I agree. I'm not opposed to gay marriage.

Conservatives don't walk in lockstep like Progressives. You people need to get that through your skulls.
Huh?

Where did I say they did?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But when our children are indoctrinated with the idea that Joe and Marty's "marriage" is just as valid and authentic as Joe and Sally's, that's where the harm occurs. Or that anyone can have two mommies, two daddies, or that such a coupling constitutes a "real" family equal in every way to one with a mother *and* a father.

Muslims raise their children as cannon fodder. Girls are second class property and told who to marry as though the families are still living in the ****-hole sandtrap they immigrated from. Islam is incompatible with modern Western civilization.

And FTR, I'm not Christian. Nor do I follow any other brand of invisible sky friend.
Lots of sweeping generalizations here.

As for your opinions on gay marriage, you are more than welcome to have them and indoctrinate your children with such views. But that doesn't make any of them factual, or particularly kind.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:54 PM

31,372 posts, read 22,352,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Actually we went to the Islamic center a couple of times for/with Muslim friends.
Like I said, there are no LGBT friendly mainstream mosques in the US or the world for that matter. Compare that to the 10s of thousands of Church's world wide. There is no equivalency. Every year Radical Islamic attacks are growing, regardless of how friendly their Leftist friends are to them.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:05 PM

4,138 posts, read 4,552,080 times
This liberal is no fan is Muslims or Christians who want our laws to reflect their religious beliefs. What folks believe in private, I couldn't care less, but keep your morality out of our laws.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:08 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,365,767 times
The OP has a point and this is one that Bill Maher agrees with too. Even moderate Muslim cultures embrace gender discrimination and oppose same sex rights. Liberals should be critical of these values yet do not speak out against it. It is a double standard. As someone who is liberal, I agree with the OP. It's a double standard and hypocritical.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The OP has a point and this is one that Bill Maher agrees with too. Even moderate Muslim cultures embrace gender discrimination and oppose same sex rights. Liberals should be critical of these values yet do not speak out against it. It is a double standard. As someone who is liberal, I agree with the OP. It's a double standard and hypocritical.
BUT this belief system is NOT accepted in USA nor Canada or any other true democracy. Those who conduct such things like Honour Killings of their wife/children get prosecuted. SO what's the double standard?? Sharia Law isn't nor ever will be adopted in any true democracy.

So to paint Isalm and all who happen to be Muslim seems rather fear mongered created. ALL of the Muslim's will be judged by you very own LEGAL system..

Again, WHY is there such a fear Islam will somehow corrupt Americanism??? Too much of FEAR Alternative Information has been spread to cause such BROAD Fear of Islam. Muslims mostly are peace loving and have NO interest in pushing their religion on others.

Meanwhile some Fundies LOVE to elect Politicians who LOVE to make laws to SUPPRESS freedoms of others??
So, just let's get real.. America is safe.. Conservative Judges don't hold the only vote to protect "Freedom of Religion".. just reminding you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies