Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,071,161 times

Advertisements

If someone can rationally, logically, intelligently and without stupid comments prove any of this false --
Thank you. Honestly...my problem today is not being able to find a whole bunch that supports this new Act.....I'm trying.......https://www.vox.com/2017/5/4/1554299...dicaid-victims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 11:17 AM

Also why the rush to vote...why not wait for a CBO vote.

I don't need to hear the usual rhetoric from either side -- so don't do the name calling, bring up Obama.....just let's keep it to the issue.

i'm seriously looking for some understanding of why Congress would do this.......nothing I can find suggest this is good for anybody but rich people.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:19 AM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
I already posted it - RECESS start next week

Old 05-04-2017, 11:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
What I keep hearing is that the GOP bill will "offer more choices." What I think is that these "choices" are pay more or get less.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,259,178 times
This has been a GOP campaign promise for years and they didn't want to be embarassed during the upcoming recess by constituents asking why they haven't gotten anything accomplished. There hasn't been time to read, debate, get a CBO score on the bill so hopefully no one bothers to ask them WHY they voted or WHAT it's going to do, they just want to be able to say they passed a bill to repeal Obamacare, period.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Thank -- i apologize for making you repeat -- sometimes we get bogged down in pages on these threads.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,120,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
^ this, they are afraid that when the congressmen/women go home next week and hold constituent hours they will be swarmed by angry constituents and could be persuaded to vote against the bill. Now they can hide in their homes until they go back to Washington.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Let ACA fail.

Then repeal and then get government out of health care.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:45 AM

26,006 posts, read 22,198,629 times
First of all, when it comes to Medicaid, removing illegal aliens for which we pay for the birth of their anchor babies plus healthcare for that anchor baby for an unlimited amount of years and the 3 times more often an illegal alien visits the emergency room than a citizen, that would save us between 11 million and 30 million per year of Medicaid dollars. Not a bad start!

The Medicaid Costs of Legalizing Illegal Aliens | Center for Immigration Studies and What Illegal Immigrants Cost Our Health Care System | LifeZette So, we began by thinking of taking care of our own versus the poor of other nations that have invaded our country.

As a mother of an adult son with developmental disabilities who is on Medicaid, I see nothing wrong with the proposal being made in that regard. It sounds much better compared to the way it is done now. As my son's guardian (he functions at the pre-school level), for the last 9 years, I have looked at this system that denies care because they can't come up with funds to be matched, maybe this will be what makes necessary changes in the system.

Notice in the article referenced the word "might" is being used. Heck, the world "might" end today.

I am also familiar with the nursing home situation when someone cannot afford it moves to Medicaid. The same system has been in place for some time and nothing with ObamaCareNot made that better or different that I saw. I lived in the county where the fastest growing age group was 80+, so have a feel for such things.

And it states that the bill would allow states to attach a work requirement to Medicaid, geesh, those capable of working would be required to work. For decades, many working people have kept working in order to insure having health insurance, have stayed at jobs that they hated to insure having that insurance coverage, but those that don't want to work shouldn't be required to work in order to have Medicaid coverage?

3. Substance abuse, opiates? Secure the southern border using wall, natural barriers, electronic surveillance and increased border patrol agents.

5. I would like to see more states using the family cap: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_cap This actually works, watch the articles on illegal aliens being deported, they almost always have just the 4 anchor babies.

The only ones on Medicaid should be the elderly and the disabled who truly cannot work.

If they take a good long hard look at those ripping off the system, costs can be reduced and everyone served that NEEDS to be served.

Medicaid offers birth control to include sterilization in most, if not all, states.

Something has to be done as we cannot continue to carry the deadweight of others who make bad choices!

Old 05-04-2017, 11:53 AM

316 posts, read 850,280 times
This new bill looks like bad news for older pre-retirement Americans who have already seen their premiums skyrocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies