Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think it was Ryan making the joke that the "senate was anxious to begin working on this", they know they handled them a pile of nothing. The master plan was just to get it out of the house so they could claim victory.
If I was McConnell I'd be beyond upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Probably because they are trying to pass it with 50 + Pence Republican only votes.
Does anyone know when the CBO score will come out on this? That could play a big part in what the Senate does. If the numbers are horrible, and I have no doubt they will be, that will scare off a number of moderate Republicans. Even 50 might be a reach.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Noticed that in Fla--with Rick Scott flipping off Obama and Florida residents in general, blue South FL percentage of income is decreasing and the red panhandle is increasing. Looks like it actually will hit Trump voters harder than Clinton voters. Interesting. Looking forward to the midterms.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:48 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The average household or better will benefit from this plan. Obamacare has certainly provided many benefits to low income households but it's done so on the backs of middle income earners and above.
Not 60 year olds. A few will benefit, most will pay more.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Some will, but what will truly be sad and hilarious will be the right-wing lunatics who will somehow blame the staggering cost increases and lack of coverage under Trumpcare on Obama. Oh, it will happen; they'll find a way to turn this all around and pretend that Trump's actions and those of his hate-filled supporters somehow are not responsible for Trumpcare.

Blaming others for everything is a key part of the far-right wing strategy - blame the gays, Muslims, blacks, poor, the sick, "liberals," or whoever the boogieman of the week may be. I'd be shocked if at any point we see any right-wingers take responsible for the harmful consequences of their actions with Trumpcare.

No, mark my words; in the ignorant backwaters of the blood-red states, you'll just hear cheering that a "white man is back in the white house," and that somehow, "Obama made my healthcare go up after Trump got into office." Facts will be distorted to match their chosen reality, and they'll vote for Trump again even as they slowly die from some stupid condition that would have been treatable if our nation wasn't so damn full of selfish twerps who just needed to wreck healthcare.
Sadly true and we've already seen it. I was completely puzzled why Trump was so petty about things like school lunches and Michelle Obama's girls education program. Why end those? Apparently Trump does those petty punches because it plays to his supporters and distracts from any bad news about him. Whenever Trump is looking bad, he goes and finds something about Obama to attack and they eat it up. What looks childish and petty to one segment, looks vengeful and just to another. With Trump's health plan though, this is going to come right out of their pocket.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How many Trump supporters do you think make $75k?
You are under the impression a bunch "poor white trash" voted for Trump? There is plenty of analysis for this available and Trump dominated with voters $50K and above...

Old 05-04-2017, 05:51 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quick fact: Obamacare capped the premium rate for older people vs younger people to go no higher than @ 3:1

Trump's plan bumps that up to 5:1.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Does anyone know when the CBO score will come out on this? That could play a big part in what the Senate does. If the numbers are horrible, and I have no doubt they will be, that will scare off a number of moderate Republicans. Even 50 might be a reach.
I would not be shocked if the Senate passed it before the CBO score comes out. They want to pass this as fast as they possibly can so Trump can have a win and this was created to please the most right wing parts of the GOP.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
I would not be shocked if the Senate passed it before the CBO score comes out. They want to pass this as fast as they possibly can so Trump can have a win and this was created to please the most right wing parts of the GOP.
Senate has already stated they will not do that. They need to appeal to a broader base then the house does.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:54 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
I'm doubting they will rush this through. And I'm doubting even more than some of the more moderate Senators would vote for this. I hope I'm right and you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies