Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM

1,349 posts, read 665,140 times

Advertisements

Temporarily Embarrassed Millionaires

Steinbeck said it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 03:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Right wingers like to think lefties are lazy and after their money. LOL. I have my own money and i dont care about THEIR money. If anything, i wanna give away my money because i have class consciousness, one thing they have no idea what it is. But, like i said in other thread, right wingers only take pride in their possessions and the fact that others have possessions or access to the same things as them scares the hell out of them cause they know without their possession they are NOTHING.

Left wingers usually take pride in their education, empathy, and being a compassionate human being. Right wingers are selfish scum and all they have is possession. Take that away and theres NOTHING left.
Translation.... Give us your money or your selfish scum.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I live in a fairly affluent area and lots of rich people lean left...not so much right. Lots of people with no money lean right.

I think it is funny when someone implies that rich people are conservative and poor people or lazy people (which many right folk think are one and the same) are left.

Warren Buffet? Bill Gates? And they make Trump look poor -- lolololol....and extremely selfish and self centered and ego centric and....oh I wandered off topic -- how did that happen!
Oh I've been saying.. the Democratic party is the party of the rich and the poor.

Which reminds me.. we went to a dinner and was seated at a table with a group of people we did not know. It didn't take us long to figure out they were holier than though liberals. Oh what would the poor do without them. My lord, the way liberals talk about the poor when you think no one outside your liberal circle is listening is demeaning.

Last edited by petch751; 05-09-2017 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 03:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,592,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
No they won't, not for American wages. People in other countries now make more than people in the U.S.

The U.S. is being destroyed by the top 1 percent.

China will have a stronger, better, middle class than the U.S. in about 10 years.

The "rich" are doing absolutely nothing for this country, they're holding it back. Rich people like to exploit third world countries and take advantage of people, which is exactly what they want to turn the US into.
The US is being destroyed by the leftists.

How does the top 1% destroy US? Last time I checked, Trump, Buffett, Gates, Jobs, Cook, etc. etc. etc. all belong to the 1%.

They create jobs for millions of Americans.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:58 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,807,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The US is being destroyed by the leftists.

How does the top 1% destroy US? Last time I checked, Trump, Buffett, Gates, Jobs, Cook, etc. etc. etc. all belong to the 1%.

They create jobs for millions of Americans.
Gates is the only one I respect, nope, the rest of them have done very little for actual workers.

Buffet, Jobs, and the rest are all corporate shills holding the bottom 99 percent back. Jobs was a salesman, nothing more and Apple is garbage that just employs foreign workers.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Gates is the only one I respect, nope, the rest of them have done very little for actual workers.

Buffet, Jobs, and the rest are all corporate shills holding the bottom 99 percent back. Jobs was a salesman, nothing more and Apple is garbage that just employs foreign workers.
The corporate shills operate companies that hire ten thousands of Americans. What have you done?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I changed one part

"You aren’t rich and it’s very unlikely you ever will be. The economic systems and tax code of this country are not designed for you to get rich. The American dream doesn’t exist and it never did.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
The rich got rich or get richer by screwing over everyone else. and that's why the wages have been stagnant since 1980. I know an old guy that's a multi-millionaire he goes to a restaurant and tries to get out of leaving a tip or he'll leave a measly, single DOLLAR when the bill was 50 bucks. Everyone knows rich people like that. They're selfish and greedy. This is your rich people in action. Yeah they're doing wonders for the country.
LOL and YOU are screwing yourself by supporting illegal immigration. Didn't you ever hear of supply and demand. I can't understand why you don't get how an increase in labor hurts you. ROLL EYES

Old 05-09-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL and YOU are screwing yourself by supporting illegal immigration. Didn't you ever hear of supply and demand. I can't understand why you don't get how an increase in labor hurts you. ROLL EYES
You can't fix stupid.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:07 PM

10,513 posts, read 4,068,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
- The interest you pay on debt is someone else's income.
- When you buy a product, a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you pay for a service (ex: internet) a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you work, you exchange your time for money, they invest their money to produce profit

Since people hate the rich so much they should stop using debt and stop buying their products or services and in a renters case don't rent from them.
I don't think it's hate for rich people (or we wouldn't have the idolization of Hollywood movie stars and sports heroes) In my opinion, it's the greedy rich that what they have is never enough. They want more and more and more, and they don't care who they run over to get it. Take for instance, in Florida, the power and utility companies are pretty much monopolies. When one woman up in Northern Florida decided to invest in creating a home that ran on solar power and wells, making her totally independent from living on the grid, lawmakers got together and hastily devised a law that Florida residents must be connected to the grid or they will be evicted. They try to claim it's for sanitary reasons, but we all know it's because the power companies are so greedy, they can't stand losing one cent to another alternative.

Just look at the airlines. They don't care if you're being hassled, they just want to make as much profits as they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies