Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:09 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,810,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL and YOU are screwing yourself by supporting illegal immigration. Didn't you ever hear of supply and demand. I can't understand why you don't get how an increase in labor hurts you. ROLL EYES
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can't fix stupid.
I don't support illegal immigration but I still know the top 1 pct is screwing everyone over. I already said illegal immigration drives wages down. The Democrats don't care because they're run by the top 1 percent as well and they just want the votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 04:13 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,042,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I don't hate the rich, but I don't worship them either, unlike some on the right.
True- plus those on The right only worship and admire Only the conservative rich who they feel "stick it" to the liberal poor. The rich liberals are mocked as "liberal elites" who didn't earn it. Only wealthy conservatives earned it, wealthy libs inherited or married into theirs.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't think it's hate for rich people (or we wouldn't have the idolization of Hollywood movie stars and sports heroes) In my opinion, it's the greedy rich that what they have is never enough. They want more and more and more, and they don't care who they run over to get it. Take for instance, in Florida, the power and utility companies are pretty much monopolies. When one woman up in Northern Florida decided to invest in creating a home that ran on solar power and wells, making her totally independent from living on the grid, lawmakers got together and hastily devised a law that Florida residents must be connected to the grid or they will be evicted. They try to claim it's for sanitary reasons, but we all know it's because the power companies are so greedy, they can't stand losing one cent to another alternative.

Just look at the airlines. They don't care if you're being hassled, they just want to make as much profits as they can.
Movie stars and sports athletes don't really get wealthy by taking advantage of people. Also they are quite often some of the most generous people.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,042,293 times
Quote:
- The interest you pay on debt is someone else's income.
- When you buy a product, a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you pay for a service (ex: internet) a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you work, you exchange your time for money, they invest their money to produce profit

Since people hate the rich so much they should stop using debt and stop buying their products or services and in a renters case don't rent from them.

So do you admire ALL rich or only the conservative rich?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:36 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,247,717 times
Who made them rich? In many cases their employees did because they couldn't do it all by themselves.

What bothers me is that they resent us for it. The very rich avoid the working class like the plague.
Managers convince you that you are a professional and that a professional works a ten hour day. Salaries may have reflected a superior effort at at one time, but don't now.

The rich convince politicians that there is a shortage of technical workers. There's not.

Social Security and Medicare are under attack by the rich. The rich blame us for not saving enough for retirement when they fire us at fifty and then want us to wait until 67 to collect SS. Oh boy I can save so much with that extra fifty dollars a month that is left over after they squeeze me dry.

I don't hate the rich, they hate me.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:37 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't support illegal immigration but I still know the top 1 pct is screwing everyone over. I already said illegal immigration drives wages down. The Democrats don't care because they're run by the top 1 percent as well and they just want the votes.
Yep, illegal immigration results in driving wages down so how can Democrats say they are for the working poor.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:39 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
So do you admire ALL rich or only the conservative rich?
Once again, did I say I admired the rich? I said the rich contribute a lot to society. Why does the left always put words in other people's mouths. Do you have that hard of a time understanding?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:40 PM

10,572 posts, read 4,098,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Movie stars and sports athletes don't really get wealthy by taking advantage of people. Also they are quite often some of the most generous people.
That's why I said people don't mind rich people as long as they are not greedy and using others to get their wealth with no payback.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Yep, illegal immigration results in driving wages down so how can Democrats say they are for the working poor.
I have no idea I asked that before on here they never answer the question.. and I never see anyone ask them that on any of the news shows either. It's very odd and perplexing. Ann Coulter is one of the only people I've seen bring up the subject and one of her last books talked about it.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:14 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,519,895 times
Quote:

Well Democrats like illegal immigration because the anchor babies grow up to become voters, plus the illegals have extended family networks, many of whom are voters themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies