Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 08:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Russian government was laughing it's heads off as it live tweeted from the Oval Office the day after getting Comey fired. They must really have the goods on Trump.

I suspect it's the loan papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The Russian media is controlled by the Russian government. It's not a free press in any sense. That you trust the Russian government over independent journalists in the United States speaks to what you prefer to believe, not to any objective assessment of journalistic credibility.
And I take it that you are objective?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Putin love from the useful-right is disturbing.
I don't love Putin, I just don't trust American media.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I don't love Putin, I just don't trust American media.
But you trust the state-run media of an ex-KGB head/Russian dictator.

Last edited by JAMS14; 05-11-2017 at 09:12 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's a knee-slapper there Comrade. Have a read in the article below about how Putin dismantled the free press in Russia after he came to power. The Russian government took over over all television stations and cracked down on any independent media outlets.

So you think that is being more trustworthy? Please explain your logic behind that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...piece-by-piece
Just because the Russian media is largely propaganda does NOT make the American media trustworthy- they both lie a lot. My logic is to turn on CNN for a few minutes, and if you have a brain- you will see thru their fake news.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
And I take it that you are objective?
Oooooh, getting personal.

The facts stare you in the face. Russian media is controlled by the Russian government. American media is not. If you prefer Russian propaganda over independent journalism, then it's because the propaganda is telling you what you want to hear. It's not because you are objective.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good little comrade. Now go collect your food pellet.
Very intelligent comment. I suppose that you do not have the intelligence or maturity to interact with others w/o being a smart a$$. The only alternative is that you were born this way, and have no choice.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Very intelligent comment. I suppose that you do not have the intelligence or maturity to interact with others w/o being a smart a$$.
You state that you trust Russian propaganda put out by "journalists" (who better report what Putin wants or they will meet with a sudden accident, suddenly "disappear" or end up in jail), over the independent U.S. media, and then you want to talk about intelligence and maturity? Seriously?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Ironic - back in February, at a rally of around 1,000 constituents in Lawrenceburg, KY attempting to talk with Mitch McConnell, who was speaking to a small group of paying supporters, a small sign reading "Russia Out of the Oval Office" appeared. It was meant symbolically then, of course, as rumors and evidence of Russian influence were increasing daily but not quite confirmed. The sign was just an effort to raise awareness of what was starting to look like a very serious issue.

Now, three months later - Russians literally ARE "in the Oval Office". And it's becoming increasingly clear that they are not there just for symbolic photo-shoots, by either American or Russian photographers.

Time to resurrect that slogan and put it to good use. Google the June 3 "March for Truth" for good places to put that slogan to use.

Addendum: Is Trump truly this unable to see how inappropriate yesterday's Oval Office Russia-only coverage was? What was Henry Kissinger doing at the White House yesterday? Has anyone checked to see if one of the Smithsonian's dinosaurs is missing from the Museum of Natural History?

Are Trump's arrogance and delusion so great that he truly cannot comprehend why having Russians visit concurrently with firing Comey will cause him greater problems than at least temporarily leaving Comey in place, or postponing the Russian visit? Who is he listening to?

Who are the 30 leakers said to be within the White House? What is everyone's end game here? Does Trump even understand the concept of an end game, and that in his position, "end" may be all too accurately descriptive??

Old 05-11-2017, 09:19 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times
This was terrible optics. This fool is laughing and yucking it up with two Russian officials who were more than likely involved in interfering in our Presidential election, and he is acting like they are all a**shole buddies.

We have been played by the Russians big time and "Little Hands" either doesn't get it or doesn't care!

Shameful - happy little Trumpies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies