Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 01:19 PM

36,791 posts, read 31,062,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The same way the father does when he has the child. The father pays for his and the mother pays for her’s.
Does the father maintain a two+ bedroom home? Generally the custodial parent has the child 260 days a year the non 105.

Quote:
And some men make decent amount of money and because of that the mother gets a big check simply because he makes a good living and that’s how the court decided to go instead of having a fix standard amount. Does anybody keeps mothers under the radar to make sure nothing is spent on her? You are not against women taking advantage of that? I am against men who don’t fulfill what’s expected from them the same way I am against women. Haven’t heard women complain about the system when it comes to situations like the one I am describing.

The laws will vary from state to state to determine custody arrangements but in general the custody gets decided on the best interests of the child. The factors courts considers in deciding where those interests lie are more likely to favor mothers. Can imagine many men know they won’t have a chance so they just go with it and do what the courts asks of them.
Again, child support amounts are based on income and providing the child with the lifestyle he/she is accustom to. Again, $430/month how much you think is left after rent, utilities, food, gas, daycare, clothes, school supplies fees, etc. How much taking advantage of are you going to do with 430$/mo. raising a child. If it is established the mother is not providing sufficiently for the child then the courts step in an place the child with the father or other relative.

Quote:

The laws will vary from state to state to determine custody arrangements but in general the custody gets decided on the best interests of the child. The factors courts considers in deciding where those interests lie are more likely to favor mothers. Can imagine many men know they won’t have a chance so they just go with it and do what the courts asks of them.
Yes because again, it is the mother who is doing the majority of the day to day, parenting, caring for and nurturing of the child. When men step up and start being more involved physically and emotionally with their child this will no longer be the case.
Its on those men if they dont speak up and ask for shared custody or sole custody. Most men dont want the responsibility and dont pursue it. Those that do generally are awarded what they ask for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 01:21 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,414,095 times
It would be interesting if we could see some big story where some SJW feminist might publicly admit that "It is long overdue to acknowledge there is or is a possible matriarchy slant to parts of American society. Also, women can indeed be sexist against men. There is also women privilege. As such, there is privilege to people who are not straight White men! Every sociopolitical group in this country has members, whatever the amount, who do benefit from privilege at times. Where and when someone like a Black gay male benefits from privilege is debatable".

Old 08-21-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I never said that. Marriage certificate entitles a woman for 50% of man' wealth, child support not included, no questions asked, and if she's skillful at playing abuse card it is way more than 50%. Women tend to marry guys who make more money and they tend to divorce guys who start making less as marriage progresses. Effectively a man still buys a woman he can afford, and he better be able to afford property taxes on that woman or there will be a sheriff' sale.
That is exactly what you said.
Quote:
And yet females are under an impression that pushing a button of a washing machine, a man paid for, and ordering a takeout on a phone constitute house work a man owes them 50%++++ of his wealth for.
Stop with the lies already.
Marriage. Two become one. From that point on all assets are marital assets all debt, marital debt. This is a know constant. The wife owns 100%, the husband owns 100%. If the marriage ends the wife half is 50%, the husbands half is 50%. Simple math.
There are actually a lot of questions asked and that is where simple math becomes calculus and negotiations begin

There are absolutely no proof that women marry men who make more money. Poor men marry everyday and people tend to marry others in their social circle.
78% of married women work full time.

But stupid is as stupid does.

Men tend to marry women based on her appearance and prefer women to be dependent and subservient.
When you buy a pet instead of marrying a mate you are stuck with the responsibility of caring for your pet.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:33 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,846,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I never said that. Marriage certificate entitles a woman for 50% of man' wealth, child support not included, no questions asked, and if she's skillful at playing abuse card it is way more than 50%. Women tend to marry guys who make more money and they tend to divorce guys who start making less as marriage progresses. Effectively a man still buys a woman he can afford, and he better be able to afford property taxes on that woman or there will be a sheriff' sale.
Why shouldn’t 50% off all assets (or debt) that are realized during a marriage belong to each spouse? Together they decide who will and will not work. Who will provide childcare etc. It’s no longer my money or your money, it’s our money and how it’s spent is negotiated by the people in the marriage.

It’s a 50/50 partnership. If you’re distrustful of a potential partner, walk away.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Maybe he is talking about divorce and how a woman who was independent making a decent amount of money for herself, if she marries a man that makes more than her she is entitled to keep her money and add to that what her ex husband was making. That is without counting his properties and other assets.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Who entitles her to "keep her money". Her husband?
What his properties and other assets? His lava lamp? beer steins? golf clubs?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Who entitles her to "keep her money". Her husband?
What his properties and other assets? His lava lamp? beer steins? golf clubs?
I don’t get it either. Most people go into a marriage with no to few assets. Anyone with significant assets can have a prenup done to protect what they accumulate prior to marriage. Assets accumulated during marriage are split 50/50. Courts don’t have the time to hash out what percent of the forks were bought with “his” vs “her” money.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I don’t get it either. Most people go into a marriage with no to few assets. Anyone with significant assets can have a prenup done to protect what they accumulate prior to marriage. Assets accumulated during marriage are split 50/50. Courts don’t have the time to hash out what percent of the forks were bought with “his” vs “her” money.
Its the same men who for whatever reasons were hurt by a woman and refuse to take any responsibility that just keep spewing this nonsense. All one has to do is look at the divorce, custody, paternity and child support laws.

Having been divorced twice, dealing with my sons custody and child support and now getting a really up close look at the child support department I know what the laws and policy are. I certainly don't agree with all of them but the perceptions of the truth on here are just laughable and certainly unsubstantiated.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:24 PM

5,065 posts, read 7,530,957 times
Quote:
Any man worried about this should not get married or have kids. Then he just has to keep a job to support himself. Or is that also oppression??
So you alao believe a women who was married then forced to stay at home and look after the kids is not opressed?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
So you alao believe a women who was married then forced to stay at home and look after the kids is not opressed?
Once upon a time in America (and pretty much everywhere), women were controlled by the constraints put on them by men. Lack of education, no vote, couldn’t own property and in fact was considered to be property with no rights of her own. Not even when it came to selecting the man she married in most instances. And if she was divorced her husband retained all the money or property she brought into the marriage. That was systematic oppression by men who 100% controlled the laws.

There are no current laws that force anyone to marry. If they do, they do so willingly and in full knowledge that means a 50/50 partnership in all assets and debts acquired during the marriage. And those laws were written by men. Go complain to them if you feel oppressed (with 2 Ps) by the laws they wrote and passed. Leave women out of it.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:13 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,615,990 times
Quote:
Why shouldn’t 50% off all assets (or debt) that are realized during a marriage belong to each spouse? Together they decide who will and will not work. Who will provide childcare etc. It’s no longer my money or your money, it’s our money and how it’s spent is negotiated by the people in the marriage.

It’s a 50/50 partnership. If you’re distrustful of a potential partner, walk away.
Because marriage is not what it used to be, and divorce laws imply it is 19th century outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies