Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2019, 08:45 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,951,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The big takeaway ^. That, exactly.
Yes. I would like to see aggressive prosecution and jailing of criminals that commit this heinous crime. IMO- 20-25 years is about right, maybe more. Perhaps in certain situation the prison sentence could be deferred until the child turns 18 as a nod to the 'for the children' crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:47 AM

36,655 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If you force a victim of paternity fraud to financially support a child that is not his, it pretty much guarantees a lifetime war between the perpetrator of the crime (Mom) and the victim of the crime (he who was fraudulently told was Dad, but is not really Dad). Obviously this bodes very badly for the child, who is right in the middle of the conflict. Yet some want to twist it to make it seem like a good thing. The unfortunate truth is that those that support this ridiculous policy want to be free to commit paternity fraud. Very scary and sad.
No one is free to commit paternity fraud. Acknowledgement of paternity is voluntary therefore there is no victim. You are free not to enter into a legal contract and you have 30-60 days buyers remorse. Exercise your rights and intelligence. Better yet don't have unprotected sex with someone your not married to and don't trust to be faithful and honest. Follow these principals and you will have nothing to worry about.

I'll tell you having to force fathers/mothers to help support and/or have a relationship with their child after divorce or separation guarantees a lifetime war and has a negative effect on children also. Too often children are caught in the middle of conflict between mom and dad anyway.

Yes it is a good thing for both parents to have the best interest of a child they accepted as their own both legally, physically and emotionally and that best interest includes seeing the child is cared for financially.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
The big takeaway ^. That, exactly.
So how is telling someone they are the father of an unborn child taking away securing any financial gain or depriving anyone of legal rights?

Old 08-16-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
So we've gone from tough **** to tough **** and man up. lol

You aren't defending paternity fraud you say? You're starting to remind me of leftists who insist they don't support open borders yet block every attempt to make it more difficult to cross the border illegally.

There are solutions to the issue of paternity fraud but women don't like them because the ability to commit paternity fraud is their birthright just as standing up to pee is a man's birthright.
Well yes, you want the law to protect you from your partner getting upset because you exercise your right to have a DNA test to determine paternity because you dont trust her not to cheat on you. I hate the phrase but man up. Just get a DNA test, no one is stopping you.

No I'm not defending paternity fraud, I'm saying it is not existent if you exercise your right to DNA test. That right there clears up any doubt and you can not be defrauded.

Who says women dont like them. I believe the female posters here all support the right of refusal to be named father without consent and/or proof. Even if some women dont like it tough noogies to them.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Yes it is a good thing for both parents to have the best interest of a child they accepted as their own both legally, physically and emotionally and that best interest includes seeing the child is cared for financially.
In other words you support amoral, criminal, and despicable behavior. You fully support paternity fraud.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:57 AM

89,258 posts, read 45,002,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So how is telling someone they are the father of an unborn child taking away securing any financial gain or depriving anyone of legal rights?
When it's a lie. In the case of cheating, there are two or more possible fathers: the "father" being deceived, and the actual biological father.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
When it's a lie. In the case of cheating, there are two or more possible fathers: the "father" being deceived, and the actual biological father.
She wants to reserve the right to commit fraud without accountability or oversight. It's glaringly obvious.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:17 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,211,792 times
Quote:
Yes. I would like to see aggressive prosecution and jailing of criminals that commit this heinous crime. IMO- 20-25 years is about right, maybe more. Perhaps in certain situation the prison sentence could be deferred until the child turns 18 as a nod to the 'for the children' crowd.
Even this strikes me as indicative of massive unknown privilege. This is a massive departure from sentencing procedures of forever. But. Dude is being hurt. So must make the ***** pay.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:17 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,708,374 times
Quote:
She wants to reserve the right to commit fraud without accountability or oversight. It's glaringly obvious.

She hasn't proposed a specific penalty for fraud in these cases, but I don't see where she's necessarily advocating fraud. She's just saying how you can avoid being a victim.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Even this strikes me as indicative of massive unknown privilege. This is a massive departure from sentencing procedures of forever. But. Dude is being hurt. So must make the ***** pay.
It's pretty sick, twisted, and disgusting to make fun of a victim of a crime. Nice job.
And there are multiple victims in paternity fraud. The child is also a victim. But clearly you aren't concerned whatsoever with the child because you want to maintain your opportunity to commit paternity fraud at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies