Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:50 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Impeachment is a political act, not one of justice. Trump is still too popular with Republicans to throw him to the wolves. It will be a while before they act, if ever. He may hang around until after the 2018 elections and if things keep going as they have been, the Dems could take the House and things will get interesting. Even then, he is going to have to drop another 10 points in approval before it is even considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 01:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Impeachment is a political act, not one of justice. Trump is still too popular with Republicans to throw him to the wolves. It will be a while before they act, if ever. He may hang around until after the 2018 elections and if things keep going as they have been, the Dems could take the House and things will get interesting. Even then, he is going to have to drop another 10 points in approval before it is even considered.
Dems taking the house in 2018 is highly highly unlikely, bordering on impossible.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:55 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.... waaaaaaahhhhhhh... I don't like the president, mommy. When will the tooth fairy come and take him away?

http://www.thenerdpocalypse.com/wp-c...CryingBaby.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-14-2017 at 07:40 AM..

Old 05-13-2017, 01:58 PM

720 posts, read 501,165 times
How has Trump engaged in "obstruction of justice"? And what are we going to impeach him over? I mean, I know everybody hates Trump -- said with tongue firmly planted in cheek -- but the fact that he won and the Left doesn't want to accept it, isn't an impeachable offense. Plenty of us didn't like Obama. Didn't mean he should've been impeached Just Because.

My feelings about Comey are mixed. On one hand, I feel bad for him because I think he was put in the middle of this whole thing by Obama/Loretta Lynch/Hillary when it was obvious Hillary had broken the law, but she was running for President, and they wanted to do everything they could to help her win. Had Comey done the right thing back in July and recommended she be prosecuted, she could've stepped aside, the Democrats could've run someone who didn't have that baggage, and who knows they could've won. Instead, the Democrats set aside their scruples to win, it blew up in their faces, and now they're bitter over it.

On the other hand, I think Comey should've been removed for not only letting Hillary slide, but not investigating the FBI leaks, the intel leak of Mike Flynn, and selectively acknowledging ongoing counterintelligence investigations, but not correcting the record to exonerate people who have nothing to do with it.

The truth is, he was trying Trump's patience by saying they're looking into Russia meddling including collusion by the Trump campaign. I think the FBI is doing a bit of rationalizing by implying Trump or his surrogates had anything to do with Russia meddling in the election. We didn't see a major leak of the RNC or the Trump campaign, and a couple of his campaign surrogates had business dealings with Russia that we know about, so they figure they might be involved somehow. I get it, but I also think any collusion with Russia by Trump or his campaign would've been found out by now. If it hasn't, and if it's true Comey told Trump he wasn't being investigated, I think Comey should've at least acknowledged that to both let Trump off the hook but also assure they were going to get to the bottom of what actually happened.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And like Watergate, if the president tries to squash the investigation, journalists will take over. He can blast the media and call them all the names he likes, but when disgusted sources start leaking--it will be to the media--the real media (not fake judges and Trump toadies).

"...Believe it or not, Senate’s Russia investigation is moving faster than its Watergate counterpart 44 years ago"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.746885496dae
LOL, the media has already convicted him based on what? I don't know. So much for innocent before proven guilty.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Trump won't be impeached. To democrats dismay he hasn't done anything close to impeachment worthy.
To your first statement, probably true. Republicans put party before country whenever given the opportunity. They'll only act if it looks like he's going to do serious damage to the party.

As for your second statement, that's simply not true. Trump, being a complete idiot, openly confessed to obstruction on national TV.

There isn't even a question as to whether he's guilty of an impeachable offense. He admitted it, openly, to the entire country. He could be impeached and convicted in a matter of minutes. Congress would simply need to watch the video and vote on whether or not they accept Trump at his word when he admits to obstruction.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:14 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump wants a open investgation on the Russian Impact. There will be no Impeachment. If we could not Impeach Obama there is no way Lib's be able to get Trump!

[SIZE=3]Efforts to impeach Barack Obama - Wikipedia[/SIZE]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Barack_Obama

During the presidency of Barack Obama, certain Republican congressmembers
stated that ... Multiple surveys of U.S. public opinion found that the clear majority
of ... idea of impeaching Obama, while most Republicans were in favor; for
example, ... Sestak to drop out of the Pennsylvania Senate primary election
against Arlen ...
There was never a reason to Impeach Obama.

You probably heard some wacky lies from FOX FALSE NEWS.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
There was never a reason to Impeach Obama.

You probably heard some wacky lies from FOX FALSE NEWS.
True. Obama never committed any impeachable offenses. I doubt if Trump will be impeached unless there is concrete proof that he has conflicting business ties to foreign governments that might influence his decisions. I do, however, believe if Democrats win the majority in the House and Senate in 2018, Trump will resign. He would never be able to handle a Congressional hearing. I mean, look at the 11 hours of grueling questioning Hillary Clinton underwent and then watch a Trump press conference.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
Absolutely right - Cons always did like to brag about their supposed patriotism. (Although they had no problem with Trump's multiple military deferments.)

In this case, I think it may well come down to how may seats switch over from Republican to Democrat.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
To your first statement, probably true. Republicans put party before country whenever given the opportunity. They'll only act if it looks like he's going to do serious damage to the party.

As for your second statement, that's simply not true. Trump, being a complete idiot, openly confessed to obstruction on national TV.

There isn't even a question as to whether he's guilty of an impeachable offense. He admitted it, openly, to the entire country. He could be impeached and convicted in a matter of minutes. Congress would simply need to watch the video and vote on whether or not they accept Trump at his word when he admits to obstruction.
Except that didn't happen.

Trump has many failings. Saying he should be impeached for doing what democrats clammored about for months doesn't help your case

Just imagine what would be your reaction if Hillary fired Comey instead of trump (you would be fine with it) or if the letter was leaked in a couple of months and trump hadnt fire Comey (you would say Comey is still in the bag for trump)

Wondering why you omitted the rest of my post staying trump is still being investigated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies