Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,660 times

Advertisements

Quite a few hyperbole attitudes in here. As long as the significant other is a well rounded and good person, political party affiliation should not be a big issue. If you are of the opinion that all liberals or all conservatives are bad, loony or unreasonable then perhaps you are actually the problem.......

Old 05-16-2017, 06:30 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Quite a few hyperbole attitudes in here. As long as the significant other is a well rounded and good person, political party affiliation should not be a big issue. If you are of the opinion that all liberals or all conservatives are bad, loony or unreasonable then perhaps you are actually the problem.......
yeah, I agree this 100%

I've dated many Liberals, and conservative. Honestly, I've never thought party affiliation was a problem.

When I was in college, I liked to date Marines with 03** MOS, they had to be in the infantry units. lol

Old 05-16-2017, 06:33 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,139,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I was using a somewhat extreme example, but I think we can find certain groups who wouldn't be against the extermination of certain other groups.
I hate to be the one to tell you, but is happening today in Syria: genocide. Your example wasn't extreme at all. If somebody is killing them then somebody supports that. Admittedly there are probably few Americans who support that, but I bet that number isn't zero.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:21 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
I've thought about this before and I have to say that my answer would probably be no.

I just don't think I could date, let alone spend my life with someone who's worldview was so radically different and diametrically opposed to my own.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,438,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes. Romney was sane.
But, that is not how many categorized him; Romney, (specifically MSNBC talking heads). Romney was evil incarnate and hated the poor and working class. To the far left, he was too liberal. The man couldn't win for beans. I don't think Trump is insane, he is a smart man business wise but I do think he lacks social smarts. He is so used to intimidating people that he can't stop. Insane, no but the media would like you to think so.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:10 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,139,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
But, that is not how many categorized him; Romney, (specifically MSNBC talking heads). Romney was evil incarnate and hated the poor and working class. To the far left, he was too liberal. The man couldn't win for beans. I don't think Trump is insane, he is a smart man business wise but I do think he lacks social smarts. He is so used to intimidating people that he can't stop. Insane, no but the media would like you to think so.
IMO Romney just had too many political divisions in his base. In the end I didn't even bother to vote.

I too think Trump is a smart, business man, and I believe America can benefit from his smarts. I also agree that he should tone down the social media.

Intimidating to some may be perceived as forceful or decisive to others. That is part of how you succeed in business.

The media is so biased that they are beyond useless. They are square into the area of causing harm by misinforming their readership by biased opinion pieces thinly disguised as news. This is why they are so often called 'fake' news. It's fake because it's not news, it's commentary wearing the clothes of news.

I like to think that Trump will change his pubic image and behavior and come to a better relationship with the media. Will he? We can only wait and see.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:25 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
That's what Liberals do. Once a Conservative is out of the race, Liberals might say nice things about them or say "I'd kill for Mitt Romney right now" etc. But when that Conservative was running, they're evil and racist and all the other buzzwords they use.

The only time a Liberal will compliment a Conservative or give them any credit is when they pose no danger to them.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:03 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,516,019 times
"Would you date someone from your opposite political party?"

I'm not into drama, so no I wouldn't. I would have ten years ago, but not anymore.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:41 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Im dating a woman who is a Dem and seems to get more Political every month. Im a former Dem but bailed when they started driving hard left, so Indy now. I tell her all the time that I would never marry a hard left or right woman. I don't think she gets it

Old 05-18-2017, 01:44 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That's what Liberals do. Once a Conservative is out of the race, Liberals might say nice things about them or say "I'd kill for Mitt Romney right now" etc. But when that Conservative was running, they're evil and racist and all the other buzzwords they use.

The only time a Liberal will compliment a Conservative or give them any credit is when they pose no danger to them.
Yep, my gf has been singing the praise of John McCain lately. When I asked if she would ever vote for him she says "no way".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies