Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:59 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Student violence, drugs getting into schools are a large issue, guns do not belong inside classrooms. The chances of an incident and the odds that a teacher or someone else can make a difference is remote to say the least.
But if we slap a badge on someone I bet you are ok with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 06:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Great culture you have there in America. Teachers having to be armed at school as a necessity! A country that advertises itself as a "beacon of freedom" and "greatest country" shouldn't require every man, woman, child, housepet to walk around in armed paranoia 24/7 should it? And YES I KNOW you beat Hillary!

Because we as individuals have all the power to protect ourselves. It is not a privilege to be able to protect myself, my family, my friends, and my property, that is left to other people to protect me from all evil.

You oppress an American and you may very well die.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:59 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,719,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What, precicely are supporters of this bill looking to accomplish? What is accomplished by establishing gun free schools? Please explain.
These bills are never about facts, just feelings. It "feels" illogical to have guns in schools because schools are supposed to be safe places where shootings don't belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Great culture you have there in America. Teachers having to be armed at school as a necessity! A country that advertises itself as a "beacon of freedom" and "greatest country" shouldn't require every man, woman, child, housepet to walk around in armed paranoia 24/7 should it? And YES I KNOW you beat Hillary!
People who are not American often have trouble understanding our culture. The United States is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Whenever you have diversity (which includes poverty), this makes it more difficult for some people to get along with one another.

We do have some communities where crime and gun violence isn't a problem at all. Look at places like Vermont and Maine. Most people are white and middle class. I don't ever hear about any shootings there. Those two states are demographically similar to Scandinavian countries.

But look at where I live, Chicago. We have rich people, poor people, and people from dozens of different backgrounds. This all leads to "haves" and "have nots" which is the primary cause for violent crime.

And we also have a history of negative race relations.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:08 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Teachers are there to teach...not be armed. My daughter teaches kindergarten. There is no way she would want to carry a gun.
My daughter-in-law also teaches kindergarten and there is no way she would carry a gun. I wouldn't expect her to. I wouldn't want her to. But I won't repeat the already stated grievance re: this issue. Stupid stupid stupid and unconscionable to knowingly and deliberately place children at risk for the sake of an agenda.

And not for nothin' - but I know one teacher who also works part-time as a law enforcement officer in a small town. He wears concealed REGARDLESS of the rules. I know that for a fact. I would wager that there are more teachers across this nation than you know who are quietly armed.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:13 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why stop at teachers ?

https://goodmenproject.com/wp-conten...-with-guns.jpg

Witness the crazed gun culture "Murica" has become....Sesame Street & bullets !

Oh noes... kids with toy guns!!! Run for your lives progressives!!!!

Old 05-22-2017, 08:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
My daughter-in-law also teaches kindergarten and there is no way she would carry a gun. I wouldn't expect her to. I wouldn't want her to. But I won't repeat the already stated grievance re: this issue. Stupid stupid stupid and unconscionable to knowingly and deliberately place children at risk for the sake of an agenda.

And not for nothin' - but I know one teacher who also works part-time as a law enforcement officer in a small town. He wears concealed REGARDLESS of the rules. I know that for a fact. I would wager that there are more teachers across this nation than you know who are quietly armed.

Remembering, stupidity is not unconstitutional.
You may think it stupid, while others think it is legit.
That is the exact reason, you don't need other people thinking for you. They will run your life as if you are in bondage to them. They like you, do not have my best interest in mind.

Maybe the teacher carries her pistol to protect herself, not the kids in class.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 AM

11,271 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
They are literally making it harder for honest people to protect themselves and easier for criminals.
An honest law abiding citizen who is armed is a scary thing to a liberal. Criminals are the only people liberals want to be armed. They will never come straight out and say it, yet virtually every bill they try to pass pushes the likely end result in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Gun violence is the lowest it has been in years. Except In the states with the most restrictive laws.
Anybody with half a brain knows why this is, so there is no need to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Around here, schools don't have any security. No guards, no metal detectors, nothing.
Congratulations! You must be far and away from any area resembling a mass urban liberal cesspool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
People are ****** off. Mental illness. Corrupt government. Evil. Diminished family values
All traits of the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
People who are not American often have trouble understanding our culture. The United States is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Whenever you have diversity (which includes poverty), this makes it more difficult for some people to get along with one another.

We do have some communities where crime and gun violence isn't a problem at all. Look at places like Vermont and Maine. Most people are white and middle class. I don't ever hear about any shootings there. Those two states are demographically similar to Scandinavian countries.

But look at where I live, Chicago. We have rich people, poor people, and people from dozens of different backgrounds. This all leads to "haves" and "have nots" which is the primary cause for violent crime.

And we also have a history of negative race relations.
People who live in other countries and have never traveled, particularly countries that are very homogeneous in nature, could never understand the cultural dynamics that are in play in places like Chicago, NY, or LA. It is easy to sit back and judge when you live in a country with 20 million people and everyone looks just like you.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:02 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
This is just another trick in the long line of things the Dems do to use children. They want more to get shot up so they can try and ban all guns period.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:43 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,126,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
An honest law abiding citizen who is armed is a scary thing to a liberal. Criminals are the only people liberals want to be armed. They will never come straight out and say it, yet virtually every bill they try to pass pushes the likely end result in that direction.

Anybody with half a brain knows why this is, so there is no need to go there.

Congratulations! You must be far and away from any area resembling a mass urban liberal cesspool.

All traits of the left.

People who live in other countries and have never traveled, particularly countries that are very homogeneous in nature, could never understand the cultural dynamics that are in play in places like Chicago, NY, or LA. It is easy to sit back and judge when you live in a country with 20 million people and everyone looks just like you.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:52 PM

57,332 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I said house not school.

Cancel your homeowners insurance cause "nothing is ever going to happen"

There is quite a difference between an insurance policy and carrying a gun into a school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies