Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 06:36 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,809,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yeah, I did it. So what?

Why did he send McMasters out to make a fool of himself?
Because it demonstrated loyalty to Trump.

PS I so love these few moments to digest the latest debacle before the Trump supporters begin their standard damage control effort.

Okay cue the people who will say

....... and .......

oh and mention Hillary as if she did this.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:38 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,827,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It means that tRump will undercut his own hand-picked staff each and every time they try to give him cover for his self-inflicted boo-boos.

Monday McMaster: "The story as reported is false!"

Tuesday tRump: "I had the absolute right to do it!"

What his followers fail to acknowledge: tRump is loyal only to tRump and will trash anyone and everyone who he demands loyalty from. He's a spoiled child in a 70 y.o. body.

SO amusing!

When will Trump enablers and apologist finally admit that Trump is damaging America's reputation and credibility around the world? I'm sure in their heads they are thinking "What a disaster this guy is" but they need to say it out loud. To their representatives in Congress.

To Trump enablers and apologist: It's ok. You can say it. We all know.

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
The utter hypocrisy on the part of the left in this situation is mind boggling. They really are actually that tone deaf. Here all this time I thought it was just some sort of political convenience thing.

So, Clinton was SECSTATE, and was routinely having top secret and above classified data sent illegally from the classified State Department network to her unauthorized, private email server. This is factual, and has been proven. Not a peep from the left other than accusations of a witch hunt. Fast forward to post election, WaPo runs with a story, using a source that is apparently "my cousin's neighbor's hairdresser's boyfriend's long lost evil twin", and that somehow satisfies the burden of proof for the lefties, and Trump is now guilty. Amazing how that works.
But Trump pointed out during the election that he was going to do a great job protecting classified information, he must have brought up Clintons server and classified information hundreds of times yet here he is handing over secret information to the Russians. Besides the fact that this was intentional, he couldn't contain himself over the great intelligence we had, he needed to show off to the Russians.

I think Clinton's server got some attention, more than a peep.

5,127 posts, read 2,604,680 times
most important word in this chaos baiting thread title

"allegedly"

Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,082,642 times
Quote:
The utter hypocrisy on the part of the left in this situation is mind boggling. They really are actually that tone deaf. Here all this time I thought it was just some sort of political convenience thing.

So, Clinton was SECSTATE, and was routinely having top secret and above classified data sent illegally from the classified State Department network to her unauthorized, private email server. This is factual, and has been proven. Not a peep from the left other than accusations of a witch hunt. Fast forward to post election, WaPo runs with a story, using a source that is apparently "my cousin's neighbor's hairdresser's boyfriend's long lost evil twin", and that somehow satisfies the burden of proof for the lefties, and Trump is now guilty. Amazing how that works.
There is no proof that any of the classified information was leaked to anybody with Clinton & in fact I think they did decide that the information that was classified did not pose a threat to national security.

And there was a HUGE peep -- why do you think so many were willing to sign Trump's name. People were deeply disturbed that Clinton and staff weren't better informed on how to maintain security.

This is completely different.

President of the country announced this morning he chose purposely to leak very sensitive information.

There is no subtlety -- the differences are glaring.

AND even if you are a Republican who thinks Clinton was guilty of everything the fringe conservative media accused her of.

That does not excuse Trump and his incompetency. Liberals are as hypocritical as conservatives refusing to admit Trump is a liability.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:41 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,687,366 times
Quote:

Actually, plenty of people on the left decried careless handling of classified information. Yet, no evidence has been presented that any classified information exposed damaging intel. Additionally, Clinton was following a long line of public servants, high ranking, who kept private email servers. It was done by republican secretaries also and was never decried by republicans at that time. So yeah, not a great practice, but apparently a standard one for appointees as well as other politicians. But for Hillary, it was the ultimate crime.

WaPo now runs a story with information leaked from the WH about what information was passed during a meeting our president decided to hold in which he allowed NO other U.S. citizen to attend amidst allegations of Russian interference in our democracy. What the heck do you THINK was going to happen, especially with a man as reckless as Donald Trump? His own people are worried enough to leak. Then, to make it even worse, Trump basically admits in his tweets that he did it. So there is no false story here.

It's amazing the lengths you will go to defend this man who makes mistake after mistake after mistake. You might well consider that the journalism that is going on to publish this stuff is helping us make his administration transparent. But it's obvious that you don't want transparency and just think it's okay for him to do this stuff, while others who make a fraction of the mistakes are worse somehow.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Do you have proof her email server was hacked? That the hand full of emails that contained classified information fell into the wrong hands? That she purposely sent information to the Russians?

The WaPo's story was verified by the NY Times, Reuters, Buzzfeed and others, as Trump's own people had to go to the CIA and NSA to let them know Trump disclosed, on purpose, this classified information given to the US by a trusted ally, that they did not give authorization to disclose to anyone else, to the Russians, in the Oval Office.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
This is fake news at its worst. A story about nothing the only purpose of which is to keep the hate hot. Today's two minutes of hate.
Take your head out of the sand. Or that other place.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,809,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

"allegedly"
Good observation the title should be changed

Trump admits he gave away foreign intelligence shared with USA to Russians

Old 05-16-2017, 06:46 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,528,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

"allegedly"

Trump has admitted, via tweet, to giving information to the Russians. He admitted it after the thread was started. It's not a false story.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...36162567471104

Here is what he said:

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining...
...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies