Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM

131 posts, read 127,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
I just half listened to a short segment about that issue and apparently he can't without the approval of I think the Senate. Could have been some other dept.
He can order DOJ fire him. if Rosenstein refuses, he can fire him and replace with someone who does, Nixon style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah- I think he's arrogant enough to try it.

That is if he doesn't seek asylum in one of the countries he's visiting abroad this week, lol.
Arrogant and an idiot.

Quote:
"A press freedom advocacy group is speaking out on reports that President Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to consider jailing journalists, saying the comments "cross a dangerous line."

“The comments attributed to President Trump cross a dangerous line. But no president gets to jail journalists,” Bruce Brown, executive director of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, said in a statement Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU14VpyfmLM

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
You can't put it past him. Im not so sure the Gop congress would react properly.
Heck, Nixon did it. See Saturday night massacre

Old 05-17-2017, 08:25 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
This is a complicated investigation. It's not inconceivable it could take years.

We don't know what evidence there is, since they don't announce bits of info they find along the way, until and unless a situation arises, like Flynn. Flynn lied to the FBI. That was his biggest mistake.

As we know, this was reported to the AG, Sally Yates, who reported it to the W.H., expecting them to do something about Flynn. They didn't. Which speaks volumes. Instead, they fired Yates.

But all the evidence they have about Flynn has not been officially released.

The intel agencies knew Sessions had had communications with Russians, when Sessions testified under oath that he had not had any communications with the Russians while he was working with the Trump team. So that became public only because Sessions had lied about it under oath. (Note that no charges were brought against Sessions for lying under oath, despite Clinton having been impeached for the same offense; so if you're looking for partisanship, there it is.) Sessions is STILL our Attorney General, who is ironically the official IN CHARGE OF PROSECUTING PEOPLE WHO LIE UNDER OATH. The Republicans think that's just fine.

Sessions should be charged, of course, and removed from office. How many Trump appointments have left or been removed from office so far, for conflicts of interest, corruption, entanglements with Russians? I've lost count.
As this onion is peeled back, Trump can't be very happy with Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III right now. In his mind I'm sure Trump is thinking JBSIII shouldn't have recused himself in all things Russian, you know, "stand up for your job, you work for me !!!" and now that he did, his replacement in this matter can and did toss another wrench in the works for him.
(I'm sure Trump throwing Rosenstein under the bus on who said to fire Comey didn't help in the HR Department)

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 PM

131 posts, read 127,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Heck, Nixon did it. See Saturday night massacre
Thats what I mean, Congress reacted properly back then. I dont know about now.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a fine mess Trump made for himself by firing Comey! The GOP had lined everything up to hinder/rig the investigation and now, thanks to Trump, the whole thing has spiraled out of their control.
So what else is new? Trump screws up everything he touches.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:27 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Can't wait to see the list of Reps who still claim there is no call for this and that trump has done nothing to deserve it.

Trump opened a new bottle of whine today, claiming he is the most persecuted president ever. He will never understand or acknowledge that all that persecution was generated by his own mouth.
Yeah I guess he's forgotten all the s*** he said about Obama. The righties sure love to dish it out but scream like little kids to their mamas when it's turned back on them.

I am so enjoying watching the GOP tear itself apart. It's been a long time coming.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:30 PM

8,379 posts, read 4,362,327 times
There is now someone outside the Congress with prosecutorial powers investigating Russia meddling in the election and whether Trump helped. This is a big deal.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
President Trump has the power to fire the special counsel if he wishes. Does anyone think he would actually do that? What would be the repercussions if he did it?
Quote:
Yeah- I think he's arrogant enough to try it.
It didn't work out too well for Nixon. I have to believe that even Trump isn't that arrogant, but I'm not so sure.
Quote:
That is if he doesn't seek asylum in one of the countries he's visiting abroad this week, lol.
I jokingly asked one of my Republican friends if any of the countries Trump was visit had extradiction policies. My friend didn't find that as funny as I did

Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nothing?
That is all we are trying to find out, Pedro, all we are trying to find out. If it ends up that there is nothing, fine. This is not the only issue facing Trump, there is the Comey firing, the Comey memos, and the Russian visit to the Oval Office. All of those have the potential to hurt him a lot.

And we still have next week. He screws up majorly at least once a week, so next week it will be some new crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies