Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Sure, but when the transcript does not speak for itself, then you have to ask for clarification.
The transcript speaks for itself. There is no need for clarification.

However, Trump also spoke in an interview last week and he verbally said that he was thinking about the Russia investigation when he fired Comey. Although the transcript is much clearer and more direct.

Then you have Comey's notes that give details about Trump asking Comey to, in effect, stop investigating Flynn.

Then you have the timing of when Trump fired Comey.

Then you have the WH giving several different conflicting reasons for firing Comey, which Trump contradicted.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:34 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
He didn't want to fire Flynn but claims that Comey was a nut job and needed to be fired.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He didn't want to fire Flynn but claims that Comey was a nut job and needed to be fired.

And he called Flynn a good guy and he called Comey a showboat and a grandstander. These comments were after they were fired.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM

137 posts, read 79,950 times
I read Trump called some one saying the phones in the WH confused him , he couldn't understand how they worked , that was the first move in , couldn't his kids have helped him ?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:40 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
The drama continues. trump left the country to quell the controversy surrounding him. Then he opened his big, stupid mouth again.

Trump has WH lawyers researching impeachment strategies. Has this ever happened with a sitting president before so soon after taking office?

Lawyer up Trumpie.

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
And he called Flynn a good guy and he called Comey a showboat and a grandstander. These comments were after they were fired.
Evidently yelling lock her up, Pizza Gate, being on the payroll of a foreign government and contacting the Russians doesn't amount to show boating or crazy.

But Flynn was loyal and Comey was not, that's all that matters.

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Trump is projecting. The author of his book "The Art of the Deal" said he does that all the time. He has no self awareness and can't "own" anything about his own weaknesses.
Projecting, indeed. Trump really is quite transparent and, in his heart, knows:
The Real Nut Job Is Donald Trump

for which we have ample evidence - every single day. So sad for our country we've come to this place.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
You do realize that there are translators in these types of high level meetings, right? Or, do you need for that to be spelled out for you syllable by syllable? Keep it respectful, please...everyone shouting insults and acting patronizingly toward those who disagree with us gets the country nowhere. Conservatives and liberals...we all want what is best for the US.
There may have been translators, I don't know. Guessing the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister speak English to some degree. In fact, I know at least one of them does as I heard him, don't remember which one.

You're telling me to be respectful while suggesting I need something spelled out to me? Too funny.

I don't believe any longer that liberals want whats best for the country. They simply want what they want imo.

No one who loves the country would be hoping for the impeachment of a President of any party and yet day after day liberals pounce on every single thing the President does and scream impeachment now.

Liberals don't give a crap about this country.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:46 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There may have been translators, I don't know. Guessing the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister speak English to some degree. In fact, I know at least one of them does as I heard him, don't remember which one.

You're telling me to be respectful while suggesting I need something spelled out to me? Too funny.

I don't believe any longer that liberals want whats best for the country. They simply want what they want imo.

No one who loves the country would be hoping for the impeachment of a President of any party and yet day after day liberals pounce on every single thing the President does and scream impeachment now.

Liberals don't give a crap about this country.
Oh but they do. Your perception is skewed.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Today is an inflection point in the presidency of Donald J Trump.

I'm seeing quite a few long time Trump supporters on this board and other political boards starting to lose patience with him with some even agreeing that it's time for him to go.

If this is a widespread occurrence I expect his approval rating to enter a steep decline in the coming weeks, which would be a requirement for the congressional GOP to even be able to talk about impeachment without risks to them politically.
I'd say the last week, or so, has been really interesting. I have noticed a lot of people that either liked, or just tolerated, Trump starting to distance themselves from his rhetoric and actions.

The trend is becoming quite obvious in polling data, too. He has been pretty consistently in the mid/low 40's since taking office...but there is a sharp trend starting in early May, dropping from ~42-43% to ~39% in only a matter of days. That is pretty significant drop...that slope is pretty steep...wonder how far it'll drop before leveling off or rising back up?

Check it out here: How popular is Donald Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies