Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 04:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He lies to the American people and speaks truth to the Russians. What else do we need?
The Russians are nice to him. He likes people that are nice to him.

You think it couldn't get worse and it does.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:05 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Either they are making it up as they go which sounds logical or they bugged the White House and change the words as they go.
Again, Spicer admitted tRump said that. Maybe HE is making it up?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:06 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just when you think it can't get worse. Trump is his own worst enemy.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Trump said. The document logging the meeting was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...omey.html?_r=0

Can anyone actually believe that Trump had ANY other reason to fire Comey than to squelch the Russian investigation? And make this gloating statement directly to the Russians?
There were plenty of reasons to fire Comey. He was actually awful. My issue with this is timing; it was far too suspicious. I'd like to believe Trump and his advisors would be smart enough to know that, meaning my concern is that he was fired in desperation. Had he fired Comey in the first week or so, I'd have no complaints.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I will just say, the Republican Congress is not going to impeach a President for imprecise communication.
Maybe you should just go with "alternate communication".

Sounds better.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:10 PM

2,651 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
No its not lol.

It's Trump being Trump. He left out some of the words. It's the way he communicates. Maybe in this case he was just trying to keep it simple since he was speaking to people whose native language is not English.

You would think people would understand this by now. But, as we all know, the media's/left's agenda is not to understand him or get clarification before they start spinning. Their agenda is to pick apart everything he says does and apply the most negative spin they can come up with.

It still remains, that anyone with half a brain would know what he meant.

Only stupid people have to have everything literally spelled out for them syllable by syllable.
You do realize that there are translators in these types of high level meetings, right? Or, do you need for that to be spelled out for you syllable by syllable? Keep it respectful, please...everyone shouting insults and acting patronizingly toward those who disagree with us gets the country nowhere. Conservatives and liberals...we all want what is best for the US.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Actually, they were yelling so loud, I had to turn the volume down from a normal setting.
That must have been that blonde tRump supporter you heard yelling. Kelly? I forget her name, but something like that. Close to Kellyanne Conjob.

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Idiotic post. The White House already released a statement and DID NOT deny those remarks were made.
I'm not denying them either. I think he made them. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

You think the President admitted in front of a lot of people and foreign media that he obstructed justice.

That's idiotic lol.

672 posts, read 256,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I agree.

Trump's approval rating needs to get down into the mid 20s before the GOP congress will call for impeachment. It's currently at 39%, but that's not accounting for the impact of this week's bombshells. I think once the facts are sorted out about this latest revelation and after Trump embarrasses us in the Middle East with his "Islam speech", I think we will be seeing the mid 20s within a couple of weeks as well as the beginning of impeachment proceedings. The GOP may also start putting pressure on Trump to resign and save face.
With Steven Miller writing his Saudi Arabian speech, I would expect some turd launching.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:15 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No lie is to great to the Leftists. They have lost all sense of decency, as well as credibility. The Left must be taken down. The "Anti-American Party" is at war with America.

I wonder how much money George Soros has dumped into this anti-trump hysteria?
What are you talking about? This is happening because Trump's own words and actions. Make no mistake. Trump is in this position because he put himself in this position.

Trump is the one who had his team saying for 2 days that he fired Comey after conferring with Rosenstein and Sessions (who should have not been involved). Then Trump throws them all under the bus and says "When I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.”

Trump lied about rain and crowd size, tapping of wires, birther claims, etc x100.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Let the transcript speak for itself!!!

(just like his twitter)

When we don't parse his words, cons get upset.
When we DO parse his words, cons get upset.
Sure, but when the transcript does not speak for itself, then you have to ask for clarification.

What part of that do you no understand?

When something can be interpreted multiple different ways, you cant just choose your own interpretation of it and run.

Well you can, but if you do that you will often be wrong. Your choice.

I get that you don't care if you are wrong so long as your interpretation is what you want it to be, but lots of us do not operate that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies