Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 10:12 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
In 2008 Obama set up a secret back channel with Iran, a state sponsor of terrorism. Hypocrites.
Obama did it too. (No, he did not. Obama did not set up a covert communication channel at the Iranian embassy.)

What about Clinton? (Insert some halfwit conspiracy theory peddled by Drudge and Breitbart.)

Susan Rice leaked it all.

>>sigh<<

Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It never ends.....

Lock him up!
Like Obama set up secret back channels to Russia, using Kissinger.
Set up secret back channels to Iran, using Jarrett.
Set up secret back channels to Hamas, and the Muslim Brotherhood...

During his first presidential campaign in 2008, Mr. Obama used a secret back channel to Tehran to assure the mullahs that he was a friend of the Islamic Republic, and that they would be very happy with his policies. The secret channel was Ambassador William G. Miller, who served in Iran during the shah’s rule, as chief of staff for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and as ambassador to Ukraine. Ambassador Miller has confirmed his conversations with Iranian leaders during the 2008 campaign.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sorry, maybe I should have put that in quotation marks.... Or, did you not know that is what LBJ said, before he enslaved millions into the plantation lifestyle, where government decides for you, because you are not capable of thinking or providing for yourself. Government knows what is best for you and you are programmed to be told what to do.... Not I, I made no derogatory statement. That is the guy that got all the victim class to jump on the plantation. Your hero, LBJ said that.
First I'd say, you need to go back and learn what was
Quote:
"The Red Scare" and how the Right Wingers used it as an attack vehicle: Republicans and some conservative Democrats saw in anti-Communism a powerful campaign issue and a weapon that could be used to curb unions and civil rights activism and New Deal policies.
This very act of type of weaponry against society, has sadly shaped more Right Winger Minds that continue to distort and damage this nations system of democracy.

Do you even know the ramification of what was "Segregation"? I never said LBJ was an angel, I do know and the world knows, that he pushed the Civil Rights Legislation and he Pushed the Voting Rights Legislation. He was not unaware that the heart and minds of people is not immediately changed by legislation, but he did note that legislation is the pathway to changing minds and hearts of people and over time, that is exactly what it does and unto many it has done. Your over-riding disdain for LBJ is typical, because he did what your type did not want done, and that was pass Civil Rights Legislation and Voters Right Legislation.

He could not eradicate a system of poverty that was promoted during segregation, when race bias was still heavy on the mentality of far too many American minds. It was 1971 before some regions met the mandate to intergrate schools, and since that time, the push to take money from Schools System and promote private education has been a driving topic and act since... and now with Devos, she is pushing the agenda into overdrive.

I'd say for you and anyone else, Drive Around and you likely don't need to go far... and look at poor white communities and look at poor black communities, these are all remnants of an Antebellum system that promoted not only segregation, but promoted conflict between the races which was heavily promoted by the ruling wealthy influences, because such conflict keeps wages low, and expands profits for the wealthy. It makes people fight against their own best interest, because they have been misled to think they are fighting against another race, when the elements of fact back spins and engulf them in the same things they think they are fighting to dominate over.

I see the results every time I go in the Grocery store and see the poor whites, as well as poor blacks facing sticker shock at the prices, or living with a perpetual debt based on a line of credit, and some result to loose everything when the wealthy run the small business people out of business. That stuff is driven by GREED, our government system on the Federal level seeks to promote regulatory process for "fair play", but it cannot combat all the Greed, and certainly not when people elect congressional people who push legislation to dismantle and circumvent the regulatory governance and allow the wealthy to wreak even more devastation upon and against the working poor and the poor.

Again, I defer to an earlier comment, where I said... Trump should learn about the damages done by De-Regulation... In fact, EVERY AMERICAN should become more aware and more understanding of the damages it has done that caused their conditions of today. When they claim they are "the forgotten",... that is not true, they are merely casualties of the Wealthy's Dominance in this nation and their unfair influence of paying lobbyist to buy away the voice and vote of the people. Now, Trump wants to give them even more latitude to do even more damages to the people. He even went further, to try and dismantle any and every elements of our system that provides safety nets for our citizens in and during as well as those under challenge and duress.

By no means to I think all Trump supporters are racist, I do think they are sorely mis-informed and by their choice of "Selective Amnesia" they have failed to learn from the past. Many fall for bluster than rather than looking at the reality of facts.... and the results those facts have produced on many many decades.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-29-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Do you even know the ramification of what was "Segregation"? I never said LBJ was an angel, I do know and the world knows, that he pushed the Civil Rights Legislation and he Pushed the Voting Rights Legislation. He was not unaware that the heart and minds of people is not immediately changed by legislation, but he did not that legislation is the pathway to changing minds and hearts of people and over time, that is exactly what it does and unto many it has done.

He could not eradicate a system of poverty that was promoted during segregation, when race bias was still heavy on the mentality of far too many American minds. It was 1971 before some regions met the mandate to intergrate schools, and since that time, the push to take money from Schools System and promote private education has been a driving topic and act since... and now with Devos, she is pushing the agenda into overdrive.

I'd say for you and anyone else, Drive Around and you likely don't need to go far... and look at poor white communities and look at poor black communities, these are all remnants of an Antebellum system that promoted not only segregation, but promoted conflict between the races which was heavily promoted by the ruling wealthy influences, because such conflict keeps wages low, and expands profits for the wealthy. It makes people fight against their own best interest, because they have been misled to think they are fighting against another race, when the elements of fact back spins and engulf them in the same things they think they are fighting to dominate over.

I see the results every time I go in the Grocery store and see the poor whites, as well as poor blacks facing sticker shock at the prices, or living with a perpetual debt based on a line of credit, and some result to loose everything when the wealthy run the small business people out of business. That stuff is driven by GREED, our government system on the Federal level seeks to promote regulatory process for "fair play", but it cannot combat all the Greed, and certainly not when people elect congressional people who push legislation to dismantle and circumvent the regulatory governance and allow the wealthy to wreak even more devastation upon and against the working poor and the poor.

Again, I defer to an earlier comment, where I said... Trump should learn about the damages done by De-Regulation... In fact, EVERY AMERICAN should become more aware and more understanding of the damages it has done that caused their conditions of today. When they claim they are "the forgotten",... that is not true, they are merely casualties of the Wealthy's Dominance in this nation and their unfair influence of paying lobbyist to buy away the voice and vote of the people. Now, Trump wants to give them even more latitude to do even more damages to the people. He even went further, to try and dismantle any and every elements of our system that provides safety nets for our citizens in and during as well as those under challenge and duress.

By no means to I think all Trump supporters are racist, I do think they are sorely mis-informed and by their choice of "Selective Amnesia" they have failed to learn from the past. Many fall for bluster than rather than looking at the reality of facts.... and the results those facts have produced on many many decades.

Ya, that justifies virtue checking me, for something LBJ said and then did.
Blame yourself for accepting the Plantation lifestyle. Where you can never think for yourself and your day planned for you.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:01 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
T
The republican ideas and truth of individual liberties, emboldening people to think for themselves, turned the south Republican. .
You mean the fear of Black People having equal rights turned the south Republican?

The idea that most "cons" think for themselves is laughable. Individual Freedom? You mean the freedom to sell entire states (mineral rights) to Wall Street FOREVER and then have your family and kin live in trailers and die of meth or heroin?

If these southerners were so smart, how come they hardly ever invented anything...and why were these brilliant southerners Democrats for generations? Simple - at that time the DixieCrats were for Jim Crow and all the other jazz.

This is not ancient history. We currently have the traitors (hate to call them republicans or conservatives) of the south trying to remove voting rights from those who are not of their own ancestry.

Face it - they think differently. In other words, they are generally white supremacists or just uneducated so they go along with it.

Don't worry - as you can see slowly happening in VA, NC and even SC (and Florida), liberals from the North and Liberals (business) from Europe, etc. are slowly taking over these states and sooner or later even the little towns will have their treasonous statues removed from the courthouse square.

Note - I lived in WV, TN and Florida so I know a little bit of what I speak of. I am also a history nut, having read heavily for 50 years on it. There is a right and wrong side of history (sure, there are nuances also). But, in general, progressives are on the "Godly" side of history and current cons are on the wrong (Evil) end.

Basically, the con policy is the feudal system of Europe or of Ireland...pre-enlightenment. EVERY policy is about the King and the Knights and the Royalty (Corporations, Billionaires, Resource Extractors, etc.).

If you think that is modern, well....you are entitled to your thoughts.

A short note you might thing about. The true "counter-culture" lasted about 5 years. Hopefully Fascism in the USA will die soon also.

I'm am optimist but still don't hold out too much hope - too many people CAN'T think for themselves. Instead they let Trump think for them.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You mean the fear of Black People having equal rights turned the south Republican?

The idea that most "cons" think for themselves is laughable. Individual Freedom? You mean the freedom to sell entire states (mineral rights) to Wall Street FOREVER and then have your family and kin live in trailers and die of meth or heroin?

If these southerners were so smart, how come they hardly ever invented anything...and why were these brilliant southerners Democrats for generations? Simple - at that time the DixieCrats were for Jim Crow and all the other jazz.

This is not ancient history. We currently have the traitors (hate to call them republicans or conservatives) of the south trying to remove voting rights from those who are not of their own ancestry.

Face it - they think differently. In other words, they are generally white supremacists or just uneducated so they go along with it.

Don't worry - as you can see slowly happening in VA, NC and even SC (and Florida), liberals from the North and Liberals (business) from Europe, etc. are slowly taking over these states and sooner or later even the little towns will have their treasonous statues removed from the courthouse square.

Note - I lived in WV, TN and Florida so I know a little bit of what I speak of. I am also a history nut, having read heavily for 50 years on it. There is a right and wrong side of history (sure, there are nuances also). But, in general, progressives are on the "Godly" side of history and current cons are on the wrong (Evil) end.

Basically, the con policy is the feudal system of Europe or of Ireland...pre-enlightenment. EVERY policy is about the King and the Knights and the Royalty (Corporations, Billionaires, Resource Extractors, etc.).

If you think that is modern, well....you are entitled to your thoughts.

A short note you might thing about. The true "counter-culture" lasted about 5 years. Hopefully Fascism in the USA will die soon also.

I'm am optimist but still don't hold out too much hope - too many people CAN'T think for themselves. Instead they let Trump think for them.

That seems to not be the case. You seem to think the Republicans Party have denied blacks their civil rights. Can we have an example so I can stand with you. Or is someone thinking for you?

Last edited by BentBow; 05-29-2017 at 11:16 AM..

Old 05-29-2017, 11:37 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Ya, that justifies virtue checking me, for something LBJ said and then did.
Blame yourself for accepting the Plantation lifestyle. Where you can never think for yourself and your day planned for you.
The only people who can't think for themselves is the Right Wingers, they are the same one that follow blindly the Jim Crow edicts, So you really need to check yourself, before you even consider admonishing me about anything.
Sure you hate HUD, and the other programs that were created, because you were well groomed in being a Serf and protecting your Serf masters. Now you want to try and deflect, rather than review yourself.

You should learn what HUD is, before you utter some slanderous ignorance about negativity of what is a policy for a Great Society. Ask your self to investigate and discover how Trumps daddy, fleeced the system the Government had before HUD, when he was to build housing, and stole the money to promote self enrichment. As your self how much HUD money Trump used in building, and how many other programs that are directly connected to HUD based programs, that led to many of the Tax Credit Trump Extorted from Cities and then promoted his discriminatory practices.

See, its too much that you don't know for you to keep talking. I don't necessarily have to waste time correcting you and offering you avenues to enhance your learning. I do it, because its the right thing to do, when people spout off their level of historical illiteracy. And one thing about it... if you have the fortitude you can research anything I say in such matters if you have doubts.... Its' documented history. You can call history a lie, but it only makes you even more foolish.... History is a truth, you can't change.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-29-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, maybe I should have put that in quotation marks.... Or, did you not know that is what LBJ said, before he enslaved millions into the plantation lifestyle, where government decides for you, because you are not capable of thinking or providing for yourself. Government knows what is best for you and you are programmed to be told what to do.... Not I, I made no derogatory statement. That is the guy that got all the victim class to jump on the plantation. Your hero, LBJ said that.
I know what LBJ said. I also know what a whole lot of other pols have said about Blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians and poor whites.... The Republican Party will never represent me because I value humanity over money. I have no desire to follow some tin pot dictator like Trump. Bent Bow Trump is the embodiment of everything you claim to stand against but yet his Racism is what you and your ilk cling to.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:37 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.833dd6190a8e

Kushner wanted a secret location at a Russian consulate in NYC so US intel services wouldn't be able to catch those communications.
Another false thread title.

Thread fail.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
The only people who can't think for themselves is the Right Wingers, they are the same one that follow blindly the Jim Crow edicts, So you really need to check yourself, before you even consider admonishing me about anything.
Sure you hate HUD, and the other programs that were created, because you were well groomed in being a Serf and protecting your Serf masters. Now you want to try and deflect, rather than review yourself.

You should learn what HUD is, before you utter some slanderous ignorance about negativity of what is a policy for a Great Society. Ask your self to investigate and discover how Trumps daddy, fleeced the system the Government had before HUD, when he was to build housing, and stole the money to promote self enrichment. As your self how much HUD money Trump used in building, and how many other programs that are directly connected to HUD based programs, that led to many of the Tax Credit Trump Extorted from Cities and then promoted his discriminatory practices.

See, its too much that you don't know for you to keep talking. I don't necessarily have to waste time correcting you and offering you avenues to enhance your learning. I do it, because its the right thing to do, when people spout off their level of historical illiteracy. And one thing about it... if you have the fortitude you can research anything I say in such matters if you have doubts.... Its' documented history. You can call history a lie, but it only makes you even more foolish.... History is a truth, you can't change.

That is some crazy hyperbole for me calling you out, for jumping me over what your massa said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies