Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 07:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, that administration creates an atmosphere where some people get the idea that it is ok to lash out at someone who doesn't share their views. The idea that the country belongs only to a given group of people with a given set of properties and needs to be defended against everyone else, who automatically become a threat.

But it's good to see there are still decent people around who step in.

I assume that perpetrator is a coward, why else would he pick on young girls rather than adult men...
So, Trump inspired the students at Berkeley?

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Conservatives talk big but we all knew they were cowards. I guess they would just let the guy scream on at their mother, wife, sister.

Because free speech they say.
On the other hand, they might have shot the guy once he pulled a knife or stabbed the first person as they're not afraid of tools that go BANG like those liberal bed wetters that demand to live in "gun free" zones.

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Conservatives talk big but we all knew they were cowards. I guess they would just let the guy scream on at their mother, wife, sister.

Because free speech they say.

Of coarse not.... Using my own words I would make him look like a fool. If he wished at that point to escalate the situation, because he was at a loss of words, so be it... Buyer Beware!

They may just buy the farm, if they want to go to the next level.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Some of them, yes. But when deciding on who will get my vote, there are a myriad of issues that I consider. I support strong border security, second amendment rights, etc. I realize some Democratic candidates do not. But when I look at the GOP platform as a whole and how they view the elderly, poor, gays, and even science, I cannot in good conscience vote for any of them. Their agenda ​is the least palatable to me.

When comparing the parties, I vote for the one that reviles me the least. So far that has been the Democrats. I see these evangelical nut jobs that call themselves Republicans and all I can think of is how they'd love nothing more than to turn this country into another theocratic hell hole like they have in the Middle East.

I have yet to figure out why Republicans rail against the Islamics over there yet want the same here, only Christian. I guess it's just a matter of whichever religion they find tolerable.
Yeah, I feel the same about how so many liberals want an all powerful government that censors speech, decides how much money people can make, decides who you can associate with, chooses immigrants over citizens and wants to get rid of the Constitution.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:13 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The man made no threats. He just gave her a piece of his mind, about what he thought about her allegiance. She had no counter argument to defend herself. That is the point she sits there and takes it, only to make him look like the fool. Anyone tries to stop this person from speaking his mind, and making no threats of harm, with physical action, deserves to get killed.
That is exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.

I feel sorry for these guys that got killed, as they did not understand the bill of rights very well.
Your brain is the most powerful weapon you own. When it fails you, a lesser weapon is not going to get you very far.

Without threats of violence, I defend this mans right to say what ever the hell he wishes.
It takes a pretty sick person to defend this murderer but I guess you are just that sick.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, I feel the same about how so many liberals want an all powerful government that censors speech, decides how much money people can make, decides who you can associate with, chooses immigrants over citizens and wants to get rid of the Constitution.

I'm down with open borders, under a few stipulations.
End the entitlement welfare state completely.
End all income based taxes.
End the Police State
Community based Militias established.

End any government taking care of and providing the basics, of the people directly.

Stick to our Nation's security and any disputes between the States, Feds!
States need to stick to organizing the community Militias, disputes between Counties, creating and maintaining routes of travel, around private property/real estate and maintaining good water flow, within the state(infrastructure).

Counties/Parishes, is where the people govern themselves.
Cities are private incorporate properties, with their own military and no rights within the boundaries of the incorporated private property(Buyer Beware) They have the power of the collective to vote any rights you have away, and enforce it with their private military.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:18 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
So are libs still blaming Trump for inspiring this Jill Stein/Sanders supporting murderer?

Jill Stein weighs in on Portland stabbing in Trump’s America; Doesn’t mention attacker was a supporter – twitchy.com

Old 05-28-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
It takes a pretty sick person to defend this murderer but I guess you are just that sick.

Of coarse you make that accusation, with nothing to explain, how you possibluy came to that fabricated opinion.

If I tell you, I'm going to kick your ass if you don't shut up.....
You are going to be as silent as a mouse, after that.... SURE YOU ARE!
Threatening anyone, might just get you killed.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's not forget recent rules about who can make tortillas and burritos and who can't.
Brought to you by.... Portlandia!

Old 05-28-2017, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Horrible. I'm surprised to see anti-muslim sentiments taken to such extreme here.
I am not surprised. They feel empowered by Trump and they have been feeding on the hate coming from certain outlets like FOX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies