Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 07:23 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,047,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It has only been a few years back when I was reading people stating that the election of a black President was bringing the racists out.

There will always be racists. What is bringing the racists out is video phones and the internet.
I agree. Born in 1955, I certainly grew up knowing that racism was all around. With the advent of camcorders, smart phones and such, it is simply being better documented.

Rather like those instances of police brutality against blacks. It was certainly common back when I was a youth, but the police would always claim that the person was 'resisting arrest'. It was astonishing how many black males, just here in Fort Worth, would 'resist arrest', with the testimony of witnesses (usually black) counting for nothing.

Is overt acts of racism up? Really, impossible to know. It is certainly better documented.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,683,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, I was wondering when you folks would discover this...

Yes correct! he WAS a bernie supporter. And when Bernie failed...he supported Trump. Small detail you left out.

He was also completely bonkers.

the left supports Trump? Your attempt at twisting this to fit your narrative says more about you then anyone else.
He stated he didn't vote for Trump, and when he did entertain the idea of voting for Trump, it was to **** off Hillary voters. Details.

He was a Bernie guy.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,748,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
The reality is you people lied again. You tried to make this about Trump, you tried to pin this on conservatives and you tried to turn this into some petty pity political defense for Islam and now that your rhetoric has been aired and the truth shows you to be wrong, you want to jump back to the "lets not worry about the details, people died!"

Run off to a candle light vigil and moan and cry about how you cared so much about these people that you spent your time urinating on them for your political goals.

Make no mistake, you could give a rats arse about these peoples deaths.
The man made no threats. He just gave her a piece of his mind, about what he thought about her allegiance. She had no counter argument to defend herself. That is the point she sits there and takes it, only to make him look like the fool. Anyone tries to stop this person from speaking his mind, and making no threats of harm, with physical action, deserves to get killed.
That is exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.

I feel sorry for these guys that got killed, as they did not understand the bill of rights very well.
Your brain is the most powerful weapon you own. When it fails you, a lesser weapon is not going to get you very far.

Without threats of violence, I defend this mans right to say what ever the hell he wishes.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,854,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yes. Of course. All 62 million American citizens who voted for Trump are responsible for this hate crime. Trump. All 62 million Trump voters. Perhaps the Russians as well. Not one, sick, demented, hateful, violent individual. Trump, his voters and the Russians. Carry on. Run with it.
Same broad brush some use to paint 2 billion Muslims

Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,072,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, I was wondering when you folks would discover this...

Yes correct! he WAS a bernie supporter. And when Bernie failed...he supported Trump. Small detail you left out.

He was also completely bonkers.

the left supports Trump? Your attempt at twisting this to fit your narrative says more about you then anyone else.
Didn't he clearly say that he abstained from voting "for the first time in his life"? You must have missed that part I guess...

No matter, the guy was a LOON who belongs in a locked mental ward. Does Portlandia have any of those anymore or are they just using city streets like other major liberal cities do nowadays?

Old 05-28-2017, 07:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Are people really saying that those men should have just let that scumbag continue to hurl abuse at two women? What if it was your mother or sister or daughter or wife that was being verbally abused? Its wrong to let evil continue but its true that confronting the abuser isn't the wisest option, its better, and safer for all, to instead talk to the person being abused. But those men may not have known that. They were heroes for standing up for those women anyway.
Conservatives talk big but we all knew they were cowards. I guess they would just let the guy scream on at their mother, wife, sister.

Because free speech they say.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,748,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Thinking about bringing your Abrams out next time someone pisses you off?

Ya, it would pizz me off, if someone takes a swing, over something I said......
Because it pisses them off

You seem to be confused, that no one can argue with me, because I'm armed.
If I don't already know the answer, I will not argue.

Looks like he made no threats, just some harsh reality about her allegiance.
These 2 guys checking virtue, took it upon themselves to make threats of harm, if he didn't shut up.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,798,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This person obviously had a problem but all this hateful anti-Muslim rhetoric coming from a president helps push them over the top, if the president is living in fear then why shouldn't he. We saw the same thing during the election with the crazy person killing those people at the Planned Parenthood Clinic in Colorado because of all the ridiculous statements.

They are not much different than the Islamic terrorists that recruit for the holy war. Words have meaning particularly when they come from a president.

Yes, that administration creates an atmosphere where some people get the idea that it is ok to lash out at someone who doesn't share their views. The idea that the country belongs only to a given group of people with a given set of properties and needs to be defended against everyone else, who automatically become a threat.

But it's good to see there are still decent people around who step in.

I assume that perpetrator is a coward, why else would he pick on young girls rather than adult men...

Old 05-28-2017, 07:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,072,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Maybe he picked that day to kill someone or maybe he's someone who has a hair-trigger rage response, we don't know. I don't know if it was possible for the women to move away from him, but the right thing to do is to support the women - helping them move away might work but then the abuser can just follow so talking to them is said to be the best thing to do. There is a cartoon strip explaining what to do in such situations.

Link to entire article What to Do if You Witness a Racist Attack - CityLab
Are you sure this comic isn't a "find the Micro Aggressions and Bigotry in this picture" college learning tool?

The strip is filled with Micro Aggressions and bigotry, how many can you find?

Old 05-28-2017, 07:52 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,744,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Liberal politicians seem to be for open borders, sanctuary cities and stronger gun controls for the law abiding. No?
Some of them, yes. But when deciding on who will get my vote, there are a myriad of issues that I consider. I support strong border security, second amendment rights, etc. I realize some Democratic candidates do not. But when I look at the GOP platform as a whole and how they view the elderly, poor, gays, and even science, I cannot in good conscience vote for any of them. Their agenda ​is the least palatable to me.

When comparing the parties, I vote for the one that reviles me the least. So far that has been the Democrats. I see these evangelical nut jobs that call themselves Republicans and all I can think of is how they'd love nothing more than to turn this country into another theocratic hell hole like they have in the Middle East.

I have yet to figure out why Republicans rail against the Islamics over there yet want the same here, only Christian. I guess it's just a matter of whichever religion they find tolerable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies