Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:29 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,325 times

Advertisements

The result of closing these facilities is that wealthy women will have access to abortions but poor women cannot. Repeat - the result of closing these facilities is that wealthy women will have access to abortions but poor women cannot. Continue now with it's a life, birth control accessibility, keep his legs closed, blather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They like the fact that PP performs abortions so they cut funding for their family planning, please explain the logic.
They cut funding period. Stop the abortion portion and get your funding back.

Quote:
This is not far off the AHCA discussion, these people don't give a rats rear end about health care. Someone needs to explain what this accomplishes because it sure doesn't prevent abortions and more than likely creates more unwanted pregnancies.
It might.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
The result of closing these facilities is that wealthy women will have access to abortions but poor women cannot. Repeat - the result of closing these facilities is that wealthy women will have access to abortions but poor women cannot. Continue now with it's a life, birth control accessibility, keep his legs closed, blather.
As has been the case since the beginning of time.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:49 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They cut funding period. Stop the abortion portion and get your funding back.

It might.
So poor women need to suffer because some congressmen don't like abortion?

Old 05-30-2017, 06:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Am I right to assume that most of the posters here are too old to reproduce so access to birth control means nothing to them?
I am assuming you are too old to be a fetus.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Absolutely.

Why do we even need to watch The Handmaids Tale when we can watch it play out in conservative states?

These Republican lawmakers would most certainly enforce childbirth if they could.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:53 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Save those wire coathangers, you'll never know when you might need one, in some states!

Old 05-30-2017, 06:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
The ones who do not want to fund abortions have the most votes. It takes more than a congressman. Thousands of men and women have brought this about.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:11 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
I say put them on every street corner. Some people shouldn't be parents. I don't want to pay for more prisons. Bible-thumping taliban can only adopt so many unwanted babies. Harvest the fetuses for stem cell research

Old 05-30-2017, 07:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think it's right-wing or left-wing. I think most people think abortion is not a good thing. But a fetus isn't a living, breathing, thinking human being. I think many people think that it's just a baby still inside its mommy, and how could anyone do something horrible to a baby. But that's nonsense. It's not a baby. It's not a life. And mother nature aborts many more fetuses than are ever aborted in a clinic.

While you may just melt at the thought of that poor little baby, I cringe at the thought of compelling women to go through 40 weeks, almost a year, of pregnancy, with all the expenses, all the risks, all the permanent changes to her body that that entails. I cringe at the idea of forcing women to take risks, when you have no idea of what those risks might be. I cringe that you think that if she doesn't want it, she should still give up almost a year of her life in an unwanted pregnancy, and then trying to get her life back to normal after giving birth. And I say normal because she can never get her life back to what it was before she got pregnant.

Women should be entitled to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and if she still gets pregnant, she should be entitled to say no. SHE is a living, breathing, thinking human being. The fetus is not.
To be fair: if talking up to 3 or 4 months; abortion is between the woman and her "God". When hitting 5 months or later; there better be a damn good medical reason to end the pregnancy IMHO, like the mother's life is in danger or the fetus is seriously messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies