Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Someone please text me when the real thing happens, I've been hanging onto a really nice bottle of Champagne.
wow. i'll bet you were tempted to open that bottle early after today's events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 12:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
O'Reilly and Ailes both either paid or got fired. Trump is still facing a lawsuit. If Trump pays (settles) , will that be proof of guilt?

When he settled the Trump U lawsuit was that then "proof" he is a grifter? You said it , not me!

Foot meet mouth.
They changed the narritive on you, and you fell for it.

The original point was that TRUMP ADMITTED to grabbing Genetalia and walking in on the pageant dressing room. He BRAGGED about both.

These professional distractors switched it to Clinton and Weiner, and when you responded, had you defending someone who is irrelevant to this discussion, and then got you to lose sight of the original acusation.

I am on the same side as you, but this is what the Trump-crazies do. They change the narrative, and they are so good at it that you find yourself arguing about a bunch of nonsense on their terms.

Trump admitted to being a sexual preditor, on multiple occasions. He bragged about it. Nothing Clinton or anyone else did will change that.

Please call his dishonest followers out EVERY TIME they pull this stunt.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:37 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Thought this was interesting.

Bill Maher flunks history during free speech debate with head of Breitbart News - LA Times

Quote:
On “Real Time,” Maher said he understood the furor. “If [President] Obama was Julius Caesar and he got stabbed, I think liberals would be angry about that,” Maher said.

But supporters of the Public Theater have pointed out in the wake of the controversy that a 2012 production of "Julius Caesar" at Minneapolis' Guthrie Theater cast the tyrant as a tall, lanky African American with a resemblance to Barack Obama, and that sponsors of that venue, including Delta Air Lines, did not object.

Other theater historians say that past Caesars have resembled former Presidents Clinton, George W. Bush, Reagan and Lincoln.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
This whole thing shows just how thin-skinned Trump supporters are. Many former presidents have been depicted as Caesar including Obama and Lincoln! But a blonde bouffant and a long red tie? Outrage!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:09 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
silly leftists just can't help themselves.
This has been done by theater groups, that I've seen, with 7 of the last 8 presidents. Guess you missed them. Where was your outrage then? I guess nobody told you.

But then, you and many miss the whole message from Shakespeare and of the play.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
I thought that the right believed in the 1st A, or do they.

Personally, I find the innuendo to be tasteless and as such would not attend a showing, that is how one shows their disagreement.

That said, we had a play company here putting on a play in Dallas that received threats from righties that did not even bother to find out that the company was Not affiliated with the one putting on the "trump" play and the fact that the company was not performing the same play, seems as if snowflakes come in both red and blue, or as I refer to all of them as simply Flakes.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 06-19-2017 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies