Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
If I understand you correctly I believe you have one thing wrong. It seems you are saying that comedy only said trump was not under investigation with respect to the Russian investigation. One senator broadened that and asked comedy if trump was under any investigation in any matter and comedy said no.
Here, in a nutshell, is why you do not deserve a proper reply: His name is Comey, not Comedy.

I see that you use that name in other threads.

I wrote my thoughts for reasonable people. Not for those that call people names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 07:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You said it. Own it.

James Comey is a private citizen. I have no idea how you believe he knows if Trump is under investigation by the FBI on June 8, 2017.
Because he knows what happened after he talked to Trump to the time he was fired and may know what happened even after he was fired. And he also may not know.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I'm really confused about why people are reacting to Comey's testimony as if it exonerates Trump.

Who thought Trump - one the dumbest people alive - was actually smart enough to dream up this whole colluding with Russia thing?

The questions were, and remain, who did what, when did Trump know about it, and what did Trump do about it? We know a bit of the who, essentially nothing of the when, and quite a lot of the what (he attempted to derail the investigation).

We didn't really learn anything new today. Trump is still a liar who had inappropriate conversations with the FBI director, attempted to stop an investigation by first pressuring Comey, and when that failed, he fired Comey in an attempt to make the Russia issue go away.
So, in other words, you missed the testimony.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Dems are blocking and delaying. Many positions are being blocked. Just ask CNN, Fox, or MSNBC Rachel Madcow.. You will have to compare to other POTUS's, but I am sure his are being approved at a much slower rate, per Schumer.
Not so fast...Since the rule was changed in 2013 Republicans can confirm all of Trump's nominees without a single democratic vote. There are 63 awaiting confirmation so maybe Republicans should work a few hours extra and get them confirmed huh? And there are 442 positions for which Trump hasn't named a nominee and another 15 that he has announced but not formally nominated. Your guy needs to step up to the plate and own this one, his lies just won't cut it this time
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3aaf31673743

Old 06-08-2017, 07:32 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
I'm really confused about why people are reacting to Comey's testimony as if it exonerates Trump.

Who thought Trump - one the dumbest people alive - was actually smart enough to dream up this whole colluding with Russia thing?

The questions were, and remain, who did what, when did Trump know about it, and what did Trump do about it? We know a bit of the who, essentially nothing of the when, and quite a lot of the what (he attempted to derail the investigation).

We didn't really learn anything new today. Trump is still a liar who had inappropriate conversations with the FBI director, attempted to stop an investigation by first pressuring Comey, and when that failed, he fired Comey in an attempt to make the Russia issue go away.
He beat over 15 GOP candidates, and then your savior Clinton. Also, he build a billion dollar business and raised successful and well-raised children. That's "one of the dumbest people alive"? Where do you rank?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, in other words, you missed the testimony.
So what groundbreaking news did I miss?

Mainstream sources don't seem to know about it. I checked a few right wing propaganda sources too and they don't seem to have anything new either - just hanging everything on the word "hope."

Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
He beat over 15 GOP candidates, and then your savior Clinton. Also, he build a billion dollar business and raised successful and well-raised children. That's "one of the dumbest people alive"? Where do you rank?
He is an idiot savont, plain and simple.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:

Practically every statement you've made is false. Did you cut and paste this from a DNC email?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:38 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Quote:

If Trump really wanted to make the Russia investigation go away he would have fired Comey on Day 1 and hired a guy like Rudy Giuliani to replace him.

It seems that Comey is guilty of allowing this Russian cloud to persist because he would not say publicly what he had already told Trump privately, that the POTUS was not the subject of a FBI investigation. The only conclusion that I can draw as to why Comey would not admit that publicly is because he likes the limelight and wanted to keep getting national attention. Think about it, Comey just admitted today on national TV that Trump was not under investigation. Why couldn't he have said that months ago so that the nation could move on?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:38 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Practically every statement you've made is false. Did you cut and paste this from a DNC email?
What, specifically, is false?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies