Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 11:06 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

We have young nuts, and old nuts, both on the left and right who have resorted to violence out of political conviction.

Today, a 66 year old Bernie bot who attacked conservatives.

Earlier this spring, a 19 year old conservative asking students if they were conservatives or liberals, before shooting the liberals on a Kentucky college campus.

I don't think we'll have a civil war, but extremists on both sides are getting as crazy as their counterparts were in the late 1850's.

‘You are safe,’ Transylvania attacker says to Republican student in coffee shop | Lexington Herald Leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 11:06 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this doesn't change my view on the subject. If someone wants to commit suicide it is sad, but we all know it happens and always has. It happened in my own family before I was even born. I still think it is a tragedy when we do not have a chance to face the killer face to face. It is even sadder when someone, who has problems dealing with life, brings others into it. We have injured innocent people here who were simply playing a game or practicing for an annual event and some guy who had life problems decided to kill them. Luckily that part did not happen.

I am a bit confused: it almost, from some of your posts seems like you are sympathizing with the shooter.
It does? Please point out exactly which post of mine is bothering you, and I'll be happy to discuss it.

BTW, I'm not the one who has said - twice now - that it's sad that he's dead.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Same here.

Since Trump has been in office, never once have I nodded in agreement with anything he's said.....until this morning when he said we need to work together.

I can't stand Donald, but I tolerate him and ultimately support him because if he fails, my country fails. I wish more conservatives would have been able to do the same with Obama.

But let some (not all) Trump supporters continue to believe this crazy talk that all democrats are promoting violence.
If Obama had succeeded our country would have failed and he and his helpers are still trying to accomplish that. That is why our president is being attacked so much. Obama did enough damage. Trump won the election and has every right to try and get his policies passed. He is being attacked for no reason except to stop him from succeeding and you are right that if he cannot succeed with his policies our country is toast.

It is never all of anything that is doing something but in my opinion too many are together trying to take over our government and will not listen to reason. I am pretty much in the center and I believe Trump is too. Happy Birthday President Trump. You are now as old as I am.

I wonder if the congressmen who were being shot at today realize they are just like the average citizen who does not even have access to a gun inside their home? The only people protected by gun laws are the criminals.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Ask Ted nugent.
Keep trying to justify the many,many attacks both verbal and physical by pointing at the actions of one entertainment loon. I can point you to 10 times the amount of "entertainers" than the one you mention who've called for violence from the left.
Well,well, Nugent the nut sad this or that. How's about all of the left/far left celebs that have called for violence or threatened violence?
Both sides need to stop this NOW.
Just trying to keep it fair and balanced...

Old 06-14-2017, 11:09 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This guy was a total piece of ****....

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/875032278623301632
Why was this guy not rotting in jail? Ridiculous.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If Obama had succeeded our country would have failed and he and his helpers are still trying to accomplish that. That is why our president is being attacked so much. Obama did enough damage. Trump won the election and has every right to try and get his policies passed. He is being attacked for no reason except to stop him from succeeding and you are right that if he cannot succeed with his policies our country is toast.

It is never all of anything that is doing something but in my opinion too many are together trying to take over our government and will not listen to reason. I am pretty much in the center and I believe Trump is too. Happy Birthday President Trump. You are now as old as I am.
Happy Birthday President Trump! Says he is 71 today.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yup, when you're a white male who's liberal. Glad you see it.

There is a reason I put no political affiliation behind it....glad you don't see it.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:11 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ11x View Post
As expected, media is not playing up this guys politics. Despite years of trying to tie any violence to the Tea Party of Republicans. This guy is a big Trump hater, threatened him on facebook, and is a Bernie supporter. That is two recent acts of carnage committed by non Republicans that the media will gloss over.

This was an attempted massacre. Had roles been reversed, the media will talk about the "political climate". Except they wont now. We have all this absolute hate towards Trump/GOP in the media/hollywood/etc that far exceeded recent years of any other politician. So will we get the media to talk about the climate of hate now? Nah, of course not. Because they're a part of it and they want to control the narrative.
This is my gripe about it too. Only time the dem libs come out saying "we all just need to put politics aside and get along" is when one of their own does something like what happened this morning. Where were all the "we all just need to put politics aside and get along" dem libs when Madonna commented about wanting to blow up the white house, Griffin holding a severed Trump mask with fake blood all over it, so on and so on and so on."

As for the media, bias fake news, take a look at the credentials of the majority of those who are "news" reporters and commentators. So many of them have an educational background in rhetoric.

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Keep trying to justify the many,many attacks both verbal and physical by pointing at the actions of one entertainment loon. I can point you to 10 times the amount of "entertainers" than the one you mention who've called for violence from the left.

Just trying to keep it fair and balanced...
Aside from the fact that I doubt very much that you could find 10 times more on the left calling for violence, the fact remains that Nugent was welcomed at the White House - the exact opposite of being disavowed.

There's no getting around the fact that the President has espoused violence against those who disagree with him, and overtly supports others who do. So calling on Democrats to denounce the actions of this one person is meaningless given that you have no problem with the President not doing the same.

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
We have young nuts, and old nuts, both on the left and right who have resorted to violence out of political conviction.

Today, a 66 year old Bernie bot who attacked conservatives.

Earlier this spring, a 19 year old conservative asking students if they were conservatives or liberals, before shooting the liberals on a Kentucky college campus.

I don't think we'll have a civil war, but extremists on both sides are getting as crazy as their counterparts were in the late 1850's.

‘You are safe,’ Transylvania attacker says to Republican student in coffee shop | Lexington Herald Leader
But the conduct is MUCH more prevalent on the left, and that is because of the hateful climate deliberately created by the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies