Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 11:32 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The story I read, which likely the same as you did, said no such thing. It did, however, state that the licenses had not been renewed. Totally different than "losing" a license.
This is true - he didn't "renew", but that doesn't really suit the Narrative does it?
Could be that at age 66 he retired, could be he wasn't in good standing to get his license renewed.
What we do know FOR SURE is that this man actually posted that he wanted harm to not only President Trump, but also to those that voted for Trump. We also know that he came from Illinois to Alexandria to a baseball field that was likely to offer an opportunity for his goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Duplicate thread.

Also inaccurate. There were lobbyists playing as well as Republicans.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Another thing that needs to happen is that Bernie Sanders needs to apologize to the Republican House caucus for the conduct of his deranged supporter. He also needs to pledge to stop inciting violence by his supporters.
No.

The deranged supporter was deranged. No one else was responsible for his actions. Sanders bears no responsibility for this morning's shootings.

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
gigantic sticky thread at top of page: Gunman attacks congressman

I started reading that thread and not too far into it there are conflicting claims that the shooter was killed and that he was in custody, I didn't see any reason to read further.

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Default Belleville suspect killed in congressional shootout wanted to ‘terminate the Republican Party’

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I find it funny most now say "put aside politics and pray".
Yeah, I keep hearing that. And on the news I keep hearing how important it is for everyone to calm down and approach this in a reasonable manner.

I don't think so.

This is time to point fingers. This is time to point fingers at the the MSM for the nonstop barrage of lies they've leveled at Donald Trump. This is time to point fingers at Democrat politicos who encourage the base with their daily tidbits of hate aimed at Trump. This is time to point fingers and acknowledge the left is out of control and today is just a manifestation of the hatred the left has for Donald Trump.

This isn't time for civility.

"The shooter was James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, who belonged to a number of anti-Republican groups, including one called “Terminate the Republican Party.â€

Gunman in Congressional shooting in Alexandria from Belleville, IL | Belleville News-Democrat

It's tough to be civil when someone wants to terminate you.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:35 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From WaPo -

As people offered prayers for the victims, a profile began to emerge of Hodgkinson, a onetime home inspector. A Facebook page believed to be Hodgkinson’s includes pictures of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and rhetoric against President Trump including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ee800a73d80f
Sounds like some of the left out here....they don't know the difference between reality & the agitprop they have been listening to in the media & the DNC. The symbolic slaughter of Trump in the NYC Central Park Shakespeare play is part & parcel of this raging, irrational hate.

727 posts, read 390,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Thank you. Sadly both parties have fed off the trough of people's feelings and fears to get what they want which is $$$$$$$ and reelection.

Promise this and that and whip up furor against anyone who might stop you from getting the goodies.
I think you and I have stood on opposite sides of the Trump thing but I will unite with my fellow American to bring about unity in our country.

Anyone else care to meet in the middle? It's pretty peaceful here, as long as you ignore the screaming from the sidelines. And it's where things get done.

12,873 posts, read 22,046,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How come CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYTimes, liberal talk radio (if it exists), college profs, Madonna, etc. are not being blamed for this?

Whenever anyone suspects someone from the right doing an action like this, they immediately go right to Fox News, Limbaugh, and Hannity.

We should be more focusing on those who spout the rhetoric like the left does to the right.
Part of the problem is blaming anybody or anything else for the actions of an individual. Bernie sanders or any of the liberal media didn't make this guy shoot 5 (latest figure I've heard) people. Neither did the regular calls for exterminating liberals in the Breitbart comments. He latched onto something and took it to an extreme. People do that regularly unfortunately. They do it with politics, religion, movies, books, history, and even video games (remember Columbine? it was all about how video games were "too violent"). No matter what is going on in the world, somebody will find a reason to be angry and violent because of it.

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I think the fact it's a Bernie Sanders volunteer is very important...

Of course you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
it would be like if a terrorist attacked the White House... I'm sure the sticky wouldn't be just "gunman attacks White House"
You sure?

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm a good counter - the count for the right was 2 and I responded to both with a "stop it", violence is no answer. I'm sure you can must have also responded to the Leftists to tell them to "stop".
It's actually too fluid to count. Posts are being deleted left and right this morning. Pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies