Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 09:30 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Not playing that game with you, been there too many times.
Because you can't name ONE loophole.

Go away, you jealous and violent person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Complaining about tax evasion annoys me. "But they're not letting us steal their moneyyyy" Boo hoo.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:34 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because you can't name ONE loophole.

Go away, you jealous and violent person!
Lol!

Read any of those same old lame old libertarian novels lately? Or do you just keep re-reading Ayn Rand novels until committed to memory?

“Libertarianism. A simple-minded right-wing ideology ideally suited to those unable or unwilling to see past their own sociopathic self-regard.”

― Iain Banks, 'Transition'

Old 06-18-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Complaining about tax evasion annoys me. "But they're not letting us steal their moneyyyy" Boo hoo.
Not steal, rob. The correct term is "rob".

Old 06-18-2017, 09:37 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Quote:
Not steal, rob. The correct term is "rob".
Extort is another.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Lol!

Read any of those same old lame old libertarian novels lately? Or do you just keep re-reading Ayn Rand novels until committed to memory?

“Libertarianism. A simple-minded right-wing ideology ideally suited to those unable or unwilling to see past their own sociopathic self-regard.”

― Iain Banks, 'Transition'
Never heard of them.

I get it. You support violence against law abiding citizens.

How do you sleep at night?

Old 06-18-2017, 09:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I am sure many are sick and tired of all these million/billionaires hogging all the money spending it on frivolous things rather than helping poor people. Hypothetically let's say every person that has millions/billions were forced to distribute all their money to the poor and social programs, how would you feel?
like the government has gotten too big for its britches and needs to be knocked down several rungs.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
I am sure many are sick and tired of all these million/billionaires hogging all the money spending it on frivolous things rather than helping poor people. Hypothetically let's say every person that has millions/billions were forced to distribute all their money to the poor and social programs, how would you feel?
I know millionaires.
They built their wealth from the ground up.
One in particular immigrated here from Belarus. He and his wife started with nothing more than a suitcase full of clothing and broken English.

He started out as a cab driver, she was a seamstress that also worked nights in a hotel laundramat.

Today he is worth probably 15-18mil.

I'd kick you in the behind as swiftly and hard as I could if you were to go after what they worked hard for.

Another feel good, was a friend of mine from elementary school, come from a broken family in the hood, odds stacked against him. Saw his older brother caught up in the gang/drug/party life wind up behind bars in prison.
This kid never met his father.
Joined the air force at 17. Got out at 24/25 did some software stuff for a while and got into real estate.
He's probably worth 5-8 million.

Want to touch what he's got?

Try applying yourself and stop making up excuses for your failure or lack of motivation.

My world changed drastically moving from NY to Florida. Been here one year and started a business on the side because I wasn't happy with what I was making working for someone else down here. Been doing it for the last 7 months and I'm coming up on 170k after expenses.

I could have cried woe is me and damn the 1% and be miserable.
Or open my eyes, look at where the money is, and go chase it.
It's not rocket science. Nor do you need a big fancy college degree to get it.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:48 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
There is a tax system in place which is a remedy to our need for infrastructure repair, Social Security and Medicare solvency. In the end we will need to raise the very top tax rate back to 50% and removing the tax cap on Social Security earnings. After all, the very rich own corporations that have thousands of vehicles wearing out our roads. Aren't they also making the corporate pension a thing of the past by either cutting the monthly payout, firing those who approach vesting, or denying new employees a pension entirely?

If you don't believe that the very rich don't have money to burn, go to an auction at Sothebys. See what they are willing to pay for a pair of dueling pistols or art that is crap.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Never heard of them.

I get it. You support violence against law abiding citizens.

How do you sleep at night?
I'll keep this simple ~ I don't believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies