Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,117,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Aw, hell yes. I'd take away their right to vote.
Please do expand on why I shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm sure it will be scholarly and thorough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The feminists do NOT represent a strong woman. A strong woman does not become unhinged,does not scream obscenities ,and whine with hateful rhetoric . Those women are weak hateful and crazy.
really?? ******* I know I can't on here--
I carry a big stick - have a loud mouth and am very loved- because I speak truth- and because it is for your benefit- they get it, and I work with 99% males in the workforce. I think you take the word feminist and use it too broadly- I don't hate men- had 3 sons and 3 grandsons- and some that wish I was their Gma-

Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sure, your opinion. Not fact.

Christina Hoff Sommers on how academic feminism hurts women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2lXq8RJBU

If you don't believe a stupid redneck/hippy... This Democrat free thinking lady has the facts to back her statements.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:56 AM

14,787 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Sure, who doesn't long for the good old days when women were not allowed to vote, were legally allowed to be beaten by
their husbands, and were considered only a little better than livestock...who wouldn't want that????????????

Who would want to be considered an "equal" citizen and person with dignity and rights? And not be discriminated against?

Old 06-21-2017, 11:03 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,307,663 times
as I suggested, there is nothing wrong with feminism, but, there are always those who take it way to the opposite end of the spectrum...

I enjoy a man opening the door for me, and enjoy the fact that my son is still a man of chivalry...
he loves to cook, clean and do things to help his woman out....matter of fact, there are a lot of men out there like that...however, no job is a man's nor a woman's....I miss the nice things that men used to do for women, and still do for women, but are fewer....I miss the woman, who is beautiful, both inside and out....and dislike very deeply women who are so insecure, they have to tell others how to think and believe, they don't seem to know or like to allow others their own identity.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:08 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,643,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Lost me at " gladiator".

Excepting the "gladiator" thing, there's nothing unique about these attributes which can be applied to men and women, no?
i am with you, you nail it.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 AM

14,787 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
as I suggested, there is nothing wrong with feminism, but, there are always those who take it way to the opposite end of the spectrum...

I enjoy a man opening the door for me, and enjoy the fact that my son is still a man of chivalry...
he loves to cook, clean and do things to help his woman out....matter of fact, there are a lot of men out there like that...however, no job is a man's nor a woman's....I miss the nice things that men used to do for women, and still do for women, but are fewer....I miss the woman, who is beautiful, both inside and out....and dislike very deeply women who are so insecure, they have to tell others how to think and believe, they don't seem to know or like to allow others their own identity.
I actually agree totally with what you said. There is nothing wrong with good old Fashioned
chivalry, Manners and Civility...and it has become all too rare in this day and age. And people should
allow and respect other people's opinion...too often in this day and age they don't. And it is why there is
so much hate and division in our country right now. And that is a shame...and heartbreaking.

But it was a really short time ago, only a few generations ago that women weren't even allowed to vote.
And I don't think there is anything wrong with women getting paid the same amount of money
for doing the same amount of work as a man. To me that seems only fair.

I am not trying to tell others how to think or to not allow others their own identity. But women in the past have suffered and fought for us to have equal rights and to be allowed to vote, and to be treated with respect.
I could never spit on or reject what they have done to get us to this point. Nor would I ever.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-21-2017 at 11:23 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,045,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and dislike very deeply women who are so insecure, they have to tell others how to think and believe, they don't seem to know or like to allow others their own identity.

Sort of like how back in those days, women were essentially told to get married and be housewives, that other pursuits should be reserved for men?

Both my grandmother and my mother told me they really hated that as well.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:16 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,178,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A real man thrives on competition, has fears, but he isn’t ruled by them. He learns from his mistakes.
A real man is the Gladiator and appreciates the greatness that is ‘The Gladiator’. He finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else. Most of all treats all women with respect when they are respected as a man.
A real man can laugh at himself and weep at sorrow. He has faults and is not perfect.
You can depend on a real man. You can’t depend on a boy.
A real man doesn’t need to be able to fight or to protect himself and his family physically. But it helps.
A real man do whatever it takes to keep his family safe and happy. He lives for something; a purpose beyond his own personal gains.
When real men are tired, discouraged and you think they are about to give up, they achieve great things.
A real man doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.
A real man leads the way and a listener to find the way.

How did I do?
You forgot a few things.

1. He must be swift as a coursing river
2. He must have all the force of a great typhoon
3. He must have the strength of a raging fire.
4. And he definitely must be as mysterious as the dark side of the mooooooon.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 06-21-2017 at 11:24 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 11:17 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I actually agree totally with what you said. There is nothing wrong with good old Fashioned
chivalry, Manners and Civility...and it has become all to rare in this day and age. And people should
allow and respect other people's opinion...too often in this day and age they don't. And it is why there is
so much hate and division in our country right now. And that is a shame...and heartbreaking.

But it was a really short time ago, only a few generations ago that women weren't even allowed to vote.
And I don't think there is anything wrong with women getting paid the same amount of money
for doing the same amount of work as a man. To me that seems only fair.

I am not trying to tell others how to think or to not allow others their own identity. But women in the past have suffered and fought for us to have equal rights and to be allowed to vote, and to be treated with respect.
I could never spit on or reject what they have done to get us to this point. Nor would I ever.
Totally agree with you....

thank you for your post.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies