Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 04:27 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
With a responsible employer, it really isn't that hard. In my case, a freelancer was hired while I was out. For my Indian colleagues, who get 6 months paid leave, we generally divvy up their work amongst us. It isn't that big of a deal. And what would you do if someone had a catastrophic accident or heart attack? Tell them it isn't fair for them to take off time to recover?

When it comes down to it, though, I'd personally like to see a system where the mother gets that guaranteed time off to heal, but then both parents have the option of taking additional time to care for the infant and bond.
First off, not everyone is lucky enough to work for employers like you and I....
I had major back surgery, two total knee replacements, and was back to work after 6 weeks out....

and I had plenty of time to heal....so....

like I said, the more people are given, the more they want, without any concern to the company or their co-workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
With a responsible employer, it really isn't that hard. In my case, a freelancer was hired while I was out. For my Indian colleagues, who get 6 months paid leave, we generally divvy up their work amongst us. It isn't that big of a deal. And what would you do if someone had a catastrophic accident or heart attack? Tell them it isn't fair for them to take off time to recover?

When it comes down to it, though, I'd personally like to see a system where the mother gets that guaranteed time off to heal, but then both parents have the option of taking additional time to care for the infant and bond.
First off, not everyone is lucky enough to work for employers like you and I....
I had major back surgery, two total knee replacements, and was back to work after 6 weeks out....

and I had plenty of time to heal....so....

like I said, the more people are given, the more they want, without any concern to the company or their co-workers.

This is taking it too far, if I can heal after major surgeries, so can a woman who has a Caesarian . As far as a catastrophic accident, or heart attack, that is a whole other entity which cannot be compared to a birth.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Well, when the Cotholics and Southern Baptist let women preach, will the invasion be complete? They still say women can teach but not preach. Women are unfit to serve G-d as priest.
Who says that? There are women pastors in the Baptist churches.
Dont know about the Cat licks.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who says that? There are women pastors in the Baptist churches.
Dont know about the Cat licks.
Southern Baptists do not allow women pastors.

Southern Baptist Convention > Frequently Asked Questions

Old 06-22-2017, 05:47 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Being female and of an age (63) where I saw firsthand some of the indignities and inequalities of the pre-feminist era, I would never turn back the clock. I would, however, have liked to turn the clock forward, so that I did not have to grow up in that extremely confusing in-between time.

It was very difficult coming out of a sexually repressed time and suddenly being told, "Go for it!" I didn't really want to "go for it" but I felt as pressured by popular media, etc. to go be sexually free as family members only 10 or so years older than I had felt pressured by family and church to be untouched prior to marriage. And although we were told we were equal to men and should have equal rights and pay, those ideals did not play out in the world around us, so it was frustrating.

I think that perhaps some younger people these days (boy, I am old, aren't I--get off my lawn!), especially women, do not understand fully what it was like to want to take a Shop class in high school just once instead of Home Ec and not be allowed to do so because Shop was only for boys, or to not be able to participate in sports because prior to Title 9 there was never money in the school budget for girls' athletics. Or to have a prospective male boss say, "Stand up, Honey, and turn around," because he wants to see the rear view before he decides whether he wants to hire you. Or, like my mom, to know that if you get pregnant (even though you are married and do a great job) you will have no job after you start to show, because it's office policy to fire pregnant women.

The feminist movement wasn't perfect, but it was sorely needed. Seriously, turn it back? That must be something some men dream of, but for a woman, it would be a nightmare.
Ahh the memories, I wanted to take shop and they put me in the kitchen. Well baby if you could see me now!! I can cook like a pro, but I'm rehabbing my own house. I paint, cut, drill, pound, set, measure and so forth at 64. Btw I put lipstick on every morning and love shoes and pretty clothes.
I hated the school years and my competition was my older brother. I have grands now, boys n girls and teach them to do all. Sew, cook,plant,yard work, sports etc. what ever they desire no boundaries. I hate boxes! The past was full of them and the old geezers trying to hold on to that . Ugh

Old 10-06-2017, 03:37 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
wonder if women would turn back the clock, if possible.
It seemed that maybe the 1960's but definitely by the 1970's when Feminists pushed to make it legal to kill their own children - was when Feminism took a very dark, immoral turn.
I imagine that at least part of the reason why many Feminist are so insanely angry is they're trying to avoid the feeling of being haunted with murdering their own child in abortion.
Women are known to suffer - not just physically after having a child ripped out of their uterus, but also psychologically - for the rest of their lives. But if they brought this up - not only would it be very painful to them, it would also mean they couldn't be part of the hateful Feminist group who demands all label unwanted children as "parasites" rather than human beings - in order to belong.

Anger has a benefit of making someone feel superior - powerful - which is addictive especially to people who feel inferior and weak.

Yes, there are some stupid guys out there. But there are also some stupid women.

We (women) got property and voting rights and we earn the same wages for the same jobs (it just turns out that statistically women prefer not to be as workaholic as men so they aren't as often CEO's etc). We came a long way - and then crazy Feminists ruined a lot of it by taking it to the most extreme possible. It's as if they're in this delusional state - making men the enemy & women somehow superior.

Extreme Feminist Women - CHILL OUT.
If you're pissed because your life sucks - figure out why and do something about it rather than blaming others.
Blaming others actually gives away your power - because if you're convinced it's someone else's fault - then you have no power to change it.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:48 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I like strongly feminist women because they will not let me take unfair advantage of being male.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:07 AM

No I wouldn't, however, I believe some women take it way to far beyond the spectrum....of belief....

they want it all....I suppose?

Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Define "turn back the clock".

Few, outside certain religious fundamentalists and alt-righters, would turn the clock back on equal rights and opportunities for women.

Special rights, and privileges such as affirmative action, and denigration of men, are a whole different story.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:07 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Southern Baptists do not allow women pastors.

Southern Baptist Convention > Frequently Asked Questions
Well I am Baptist and have attended church where women preach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies