Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 07:40 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times

Advertisements

As a young woman i was what was called a hairy armpit feminist. When dh contemplated the cost of educating two females he was too. We do not regret it.

That said, as it worked out, American business just got 2 workers for the price of one. I figure these days, a family would need at least 200K a year to raise 2 kids.

It still think children should have an available parent. There is no way I would put my kid or grandkids in daycare or a public school. Many people are so consumed with daily life, there is little time to monitor what the schools are doing. Or to learn what they should be doing.

One would have to have a very understanding employer to be a good employee and a good parent. Not every working woman has that.

SAHM who have no interest in what the kids are up to is another topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Can you elaborate?

Also, why do you suppose that feminism is "attached" to leftist ideology?
Mr. BentBow, (with whom I don't always agree, BTW) has made the point more directly, and bluntly than I would have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1st and 2nd wave feminist were on the right track and did great things for womans equality in America, but it has gone way too far with the 3rd wave of men haters. They have dug them a hole of misery for their lives. Single, grumpy and PO'ed at the world and all men, for making their lives hell.

They are training these beta males and they grow up not know what it is to be a man.
Societal ruin is soon to come from it, but I have hope in the next generation coming up. They are rebelling against it.
Personally, I'd suggest the early writings of George Gilder, particularly Wealth and Poverty and Men and Marriage, to underscore the point.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-21-2017 at 08:53 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 08:43 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,775 times
Quote:
The 1st and 2nd wave feminist were on the right track and did great things for womans equality in America, but it has gone way too far with the 3rd wave of men haters. They have dug them a hole of misery for their lives. Single, grumpy and PO'ed at the world and all men, for making their lives hell.
At the time, people had the exact same criticisms of 1st and 2nd wave feminists. Perhaps when we move to a 4th or 5th wave, people will see the value in what today's feminists are fighting for? The third wave is very diverse so it is hard to generalize, but policy-wise they've worked for changes to support working mothers, to decrease sexual discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and to make it easier for women who have been raped to find justice. I'm not sure where the man hating comes in there?

Quote:
Women have gained the equality of a man, yet they are more miserable than they ever have been. Because they cannot find a sexual partner, beside another woman, that can stand to be around them for more than a minute.

They are training these beta males and they grow up not know what it is to be a man.
Societal ruin is soon to come from it, but I have hope in the next generation coming up. They are rebelling against it.
Funny, I see it differently. I fall into the age group of the third wave. Those "beta males" in my generation that you're harping on are, on the whole, more family focused and more involved with their children than the men of my father's generation. They take for granted that caring for the house is their responsibility, too (although of course that doesn't always translate into actually doing half the work ). These are necessary shifts in a world where the majority of moms work and don't have the time to do the housework and child-rearing that they once did. Shifts like this on a societal level are hard, but so many kids now are growing up in a world where having a hands-on dad is the norm and what they have always known. They aren't going to have the nostalgic feelings for the Leave It To Beaver era that old men do.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:46 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
When certain posters scream about "man haters", I always wonder who they mean. Women whose YouTube videos they seek out and watch? Or actual women who are repelled by them and so they decide that these women must hate all men?

Old 06-21-2017, 08:49 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,991 times
Aw, hell yes. I'd take away their right to vote.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Some women are less happy just like they were before feminism was thought of, it is part of being human.
Just like men who have been less happy throughout the history of humans.
This is not a new concept and in reality *could* have little or nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with being
human.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Aw, hell yes. I'd take away their right to vote.

You don't think your mother is smart enough to vote?

Is that how she managed to raise someone like you? By not being very intelligent?

Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
I have NOTHING against feminism at all. I believe women should have equal rights. As a man, I LOVE women. Women are strong, beautiful, intelligent, and deserve everything a man has. I know women who earn much more money than me, who are powerful, and in high positions in their companies and the government. I see nothing wrong with it and I applaud it.

However, I am against whatever the heck this new "feminism" is today. The whole "YOURE NOT GRABBIN MY (BLEEP)! THIS (BLEEP) FIGHTS BACK" type. The ones who think men should worship them because they're a woman, but are fat and ugly and do nothing to take care of themselves. Those are the ones who are ruining the movement.

Nothing wrong with women, and a girl who is feminine and embraces it. But these out of control ones, or claim "sexism" for everything (example, stuff like this Video game characters with realistic body types and Playing video games can lead to sexist attitudes - study) needs to stop.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
However, I am against whatever the heck this new "feminism" is today. The whole "YOURE NOT GRABBIN MY (BLEEP)! THIS (BLEEP) FIGHTS BACK" type. The ones who think men should worship them because they're a woman, but are fat and ugly and do nothing to take care of themselves. Those are the ones who are ruining the movement.
Why do you think this started being a rally cry at protests against the president of the US?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:06 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Why do you think this started being a rally cry at protests against the president of the US?
Because of some 2005 quote from Access Hollywood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies