Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 03:35 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At what point do men generally assume consent?

The good guys always stop, of course.

But at what point do they think it is unfair for a hoped-for sexual partner to keep going and then call a halt to matters?

Say you're doing dishes together. You kiss her on the neck. She leans back into you and things go from there.

Then somewhere along the line, but not quite at the station, she says stop.

At what point is it still fair?
Well, of course, it depends on other factors along the way. Is a sex partner supposed to say yes to something that comes up along the way that they didn't know was going to be part of the bargain? That they aren't into and wouldn't want to do? I would hope that if a partner wanted to try something new, they would either discuss it ahead of time to see or accept it may not happen if they tried it as a surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 03:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
North Carolina.

Of course.

The bill to change this sorry situation so that North Carolina's law aligns with the other 49 states is stalled in the Senate's Rules Committee.

Why am I not surprised.

This state barely qualifies as a democracy.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:14 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I think A woman or man may withdraw consent during sex because the sex has become too rough or uncomfortable for their liking. So I can see the "no means no" argument.

This said, A false accusation of rape can certainly be damaging socially, and I think it's probably somewhat more likely for unstable, vindictive women to lie.

The truth is that in countries with the presumption of innocence, "her word against his" accomplishes basically nothing in court. Rape case is very hard to prove.
Perhaps the only way for both parties to protect themselves is to film and record the sex act. Probably not everyone's turn-on, but without that, where's the proof?

Old 06-24-2017, 05:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Why am I not surprised. This state barely qualifies as a democracy.
Since you ask question, maybe because you lack education on NC. I recommend getting out more.

The original law, BTW was created by the NC GA which was absolutely controlled by Democrats at the time.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:22 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And that is the proper move.

If a potential flame starts acting in ways you don't like when it comes to sex, there's no law that says that you need to keep pursuing a sexual relationship and it's obviously not right to force the other person into a sexual act. I'd think this would be plainly obvious, but I guess not.
Exactly. I don't want to be in the same room alone let alone in bed with some who doesn't want me there. If it's mutual then it's okay otherwise no.

There are good reasons for a woman to want you to stop too. From cramps too injuries to the vagina. The whole female assembly in the pelvis is really complex and in some ways delicate. I'm not a woman so I have always been mindful of that. I just don't have the same equipment to really know what's going on.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:26 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Perhaps the only way for both parties to protect themselves is to film and record the sex act. Probably not everyone's turn-on, but without that, where's the proof?
You need to add the participants lawyers and legal teams be present to. Don't forget the signed consent forms also.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:28 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You need to add the participants lawyers and legal teams be present to. Don't forget the signed consent forms also.
Yeah.

Rape cases are hard to prove in court.

A woman claiming RAPE will be asked to undergo a rape kit to collect evidence of the attack. Forcing anything can cause tearing, etc, which will be documented. Not all rapes have tearing, so that is not definitive, but it is a step. She will be asked to repeat her story, as will you, on numerous occasions.

Nothing can really protect you (the general term) from false accusation.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Disgusting. Imagine you are in pain for some reason and your spouse or significant other continues because they believe they are entitled to finish. That is completely inhumane.

And you people talk about the radical Muslims. You all are no different...

Old 06-24-2017, 08:36 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
They need to go back to the force standard. That's the best way to prove rape and lack of consent at any stage of the sex.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:00 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Disgusting. Imagine you are in pain for some reason and your spouse or significant other continues because they believe they are entitled to finish. That is completely inhumane.

And you people talk about the radical Muslims. You all are no different...
What would prevent someone from straight up lying to obtain consent then show his or her true colors during the act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies