Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:48 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why doesn't a man have a right to withdraw consent whenever he chooses? He does.

No one is making that false comparison but you.
Um...what false comparison? The law treats both genders equally. Unlike, say the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:49 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Um...what false comparison? The law treats both genders equally. Unlike, say the OP.
Women are the ones who would likely be facing this dilemma (at least based on reporting) but sure, it can happen to men too. Focus on that part. What are your thoughts about ANYONE forging forward despite being told no at some point?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,283,227 times
While it is rape to continue after consent has been revoked, how would you prove it? It would be nearly impossible to persecute someone in court because it's all he said, she said.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't agree. It is not rape at that point.

Warning shots, grab your pants and run!

Knowing one's partner would also help.

You aren't really up on what is considered "stereotypical part of sex" these days. "Anything goes". I can see saying no if it becomes overwhelming/violent, etc. but that becomes sexual assault, not rape.

I was telling my husband a couple weeks ago that this would be the only way to truly protect one's self when it comes to a sexual act. I suspect that is the future.

Many that agree to having sex don't respect the person, it has nothing to do with respect in many cases.

That's what I think and the article did touch on that. They aren't sure what, but sexual assault was one of the choices they were looking at.

As a woman, agreeing to have sex, being involved in the act, what should be my expectations to what should happen? I haven't said "no" to the sex, but I change my mind and say "no" in the middle, no real reason, I'm bored, it doesn't immediately stop and I call "rape". Some women like it rough. Some like rape scenarios. Yep, that's the world we live in. Lots of people have sex with people they barely know.

Sexual freedom has a price, be willing to pay it no matter what your gender.

Not rape. Possibly sexual assault if it is rough. I know someone now going through a trial with rape as the issue, interesting and glad it isn't me.

Agree and if it continues it is sexual assault, just not rape.

What a world, what a world!
ANYTHING is supposed to go as a possibility of sex? I'm not talking about the stereotype of missionary P-i-V sex. I know oral and anal are also generally possibilities for many (though people are allowed to decline those if they want, too.

So if someone goes to a guy's house, and while they are going at it he starts talking about how he would like to have a threeway right then with his roommate (with no indication earlier that they wanted to include others) , you're supposed to know it was a possibility when consenting AND go for it no matter what?

There's all sorts of things that someone could try a la Urban Dictionary entries that I wouldn't think as a common possibility of happening when I go to have sex. They should have been discussed and agreed upon before happening.

Yes, absurd examples...but that's what comes up when ANYTHING is supposed to be going. People who are into rape fantasies (where the supposed rapee - is that a word? - is on board with the idea) are not the people we are talking about.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:02 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
What if you're not rich and you grab a woman by the *****. Is that rape?

Old 06-23-2017, 02:04 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,146,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Yup. Just how bad are you Ian?

Seems there are 14 people here, who should never have sex.
My wife is brought up in another culture under which girls are more reserved for sex. Unlike American girl, she will never be the one to ask for sex even if she really wants it. So every time I have to be the one to initiate and her first response is usually NO.

But unless she is really exhausted or having a period which "NO" I can tell she really means it, usually it is a fake NO which is purely posturing.

If I take her fake NO as a true NO, then probably we would have less than half dozen sex in thirty years of marriage.

In American sex culture, NO means absolute NO. But in other cultures, that is not so.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
I hope the people who said "no" to this poll are actually trolls.

Come on. If you're having sex and a woman asks you to stop?

You stop.

Maybe you're hurting her. Maybe she's nauseated or not feeling well. Maybe she has to use the bathroom.

Who the hell knows? You do not keep on. Stop. If you need to finish the job yourself in the restroom or whatever, go for it.

Why is this even up for debate?

If she is the type to change her mind midway more often than not, find a new woman.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
My wife is brought up in another culture under which girls are more reserved for sex. Unlike American girl, she will never be the one to ask for sex even if she really wants it. So every time I have to be the one to initiate and her first response is usually NO.

But unless she is really exhausted or having a period which "NO" I can tell she really means it, usually it is a fake NO which is purely posturing.

If I take her fake NO as a true NO, then probably we would have less than half dozen sex in thirty years of marriage.

In American sex culture, NO means absolute NO. But in other cultures, that is not so.
Okay... but, let's say you know this about your wife and this is how you two communicate.

And, you begin to have sex and she seems to be fine with it and she's actively involved, then she suddenly says "please stop!"

Do you just keep right at it, or do you actually stop and make sure she's okay?

Because I am going to assume you care for her and would do the latter.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:07 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Nope, but it is sexual assault. Rich or poor.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
It's sexual assault.

Unless you're Donald Trump. Then, it's okay because you're famous and when you're famous you can do whatever you want.

Or so I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies