Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:10 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
While it is rape to continue after consent has been revoked, how would you prove it? It would be nearly impossible to persecute someone in court because it's all he said, she said.
That's true, and unfortunately the onus is going to have to be on the rape victim to prove it, which is realistically going to be very difficult.

However, provided that the victim has the proof somehow, there should be no reason the perp shouldn't be prosecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,146,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Okay... but, let's say you know this about your wife and this is how you two communicate.

And, you begin to have sex and she seems to be fine with it and she's actively involved, then she suddenly says "please stop!"

Do you just keep right at it, or do you actually stop and make sure she's okay?

Because I am going to assume you care for her and would do the latter.
Of course I would stop. But it has never happened because I would not proceed further if she really does not want it due to fatigue or having period.

Why would girl ask to stop in the middle of it? Maybe the guy has bad breath or there is not enough foreplay which causes her pain.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
The losers who voted no should just get a blow up doll.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:17 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
While it is rape to continue after consent has been revoked, how would you prove it? It would be nearly impossible to persecute someone in court because it's all he said, she said.

"To continue" doesn't really define anything.

What is the legal standard for withdrawing consent?

Verbal?

If so, is verbal consent all that is needed to legally green-light sexual intercourse?

Lots of gray areas here.

If he says, "I don't want to do this anymore" but she wraps her legs around his ***, did she just rape her sex partner?

What is he says, "I'm not sure I want to do this", and he's intoxicated but she starts licking his ****, is that rape?

How about if he's drunk and she's on top?

Old 06-23-2017, 02:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Of course I would stop. But it has never happened because I would not proceed further if she really does not want it due to fatigue or having period.

Why would girl ask to stop in the middle of it? Maybe the guy has bad breath or there is not enough foreplay which causes her pain.
Usually due to pain or something similar.

Not many women start having sex thinking they want to, then just decide they don't want to anymore when things are otherwise nice.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:21 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"To continue" doesn't really define anything.

What is the legal standard for withdrawing consent?

Verbal?

If so, is verbal consent all that is needed to legally green-light sexual intercourse?

Lots of gray areas here.

If he says, "I don't want to do this anymore" but she wraps her legs around his ***, did she just rape her sex partner?

What is he says, "I'm not sure I want to do this", and he's intoxicated but she starts licking his ****, is that rape?

How about if he's drunk and she's on top?
Let's ignore the part about alcohol.

If she forces him to ejaculate inside her after he says they need to stop because she's on top and he cannot disengage, then it is rape.

I'm all about equality here. When a partner says "stop?" You stop.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:25 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Sometimes women say "No" and they mean "I want to, but I don't want to admit that." Why? Lots of reasons.

I guess you just have to be a psychic sometimes LOL If you are dating a woman or a man who likes to play games, then well, today is just not your lucky day.

If you are so concerned about the potential rape charge, then no means no, period. There is really nothing you can do. If you believe sexual gratification is the most important thing, then by all means, take the risk because there are all types of people out there.

In college, I dated a really hot guy who was also a Marine. I didn't want to appear to be too desperate, so yes, I have said no several times to him. Plus, my two brothers have always told me to never have sex with a man the first time you saw him. LOL God knows I really wanted to! Did I secretly wish he could've made the first move? Yes.

I have to say that he was always a perfect gentleman and I am not a vindictive unstable woman. I'd never say a guy raped me just for the sake of saying it. I don't understand women who do such a thing.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
No means no, before or during. Control yourselves men. It isn't impossible to just stop.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Wow! No means STOP! Stop the sex. She does not want to go any further..... For a man to keep "going" feels like rape to me.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:13 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
You consented simply by living here, obviously. It's the price we pay for living in a civilized society. /social contract
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies