Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:35 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The man.

According to the NC law.
Mississippi gets a bad rep for being the most backwards state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Of course its rape. At any point during sex that one partner says no then the other needs to respect that immediately and stop, to carry on is most definitely rape (obviously very hard to prove in a court of law but it shouldn't have to get to that point because people should understand that its rape and have some basic level of respect for their sexual partners). There are many reasons why someone might want to withdraw consent after sex has started, for instance pain, or the other person starts doing something they don't feel comfortable with, or a birth control issue (one partner might feel the condom slip or break or one might need that the male pulls out)
There are all sorts of reasons for interrupting matters. Birth control, for sure. A crash is heard, then a moment of silence followed by a toddler moaning, "Mama." The doorbell rings. The bed collapses. A cop knocks on the car window. ...

So far 9 fellow forum members have voted that once a guy gets going, she can't stay stop.

9!

Old 06-23-2017, 04:16 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
OK this shouldn't be a question at all, but I can't help coming up with scenarios now. I think most women (and men) are going to tolerate a level of discomfort so that the other may 'finish' but what if the guy is like taking an hour? And putting the woman in gymnastic positions trying to find the right angle and it's just taking too damn long and she is in discomfort or even pain? How can it even be a question?

On the flip side, does the law also require men to do whatever it takes for the woman to finish?
Of course not. Because - well, you know why.

I can't even bring myself to vote in this idiotic poll.

That word 'allow' - I ask for no outside person's permission or approval when it comes to my sex life.

I would have no compunction whatever about grabbing the nearest heavy object and clocking - HARD - a man who thinks its OK to keep going even though I wanted him to stop.

There's a word or three for the kind of man who could get pleasure despite my physical or emotional discomfort. And none of those words is 'lover'.

Last edited by jacqueg; 06-23-2017 at 04:41 AM..

Old 06-23-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

On the flip side, does the law also require men to do whatever it takes for the woman to finish?
I may need to rethink my position on this matter of sex needing to continue until one's partner is satisfied.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Once a person says to stop, if the other person forcibly continues, it is rape.

However, without some physical evidence, it would be practically impossible to successfully prosecute.
With two lawyers and a referee in the room, plus a notary to validate all of the necessary signed paperwork before, during and after the act, it's going to take a toll on the whole event. Maybe add a videographer to that crowd as well to adequately document what took place when and where?

Glad I'm not dating anymore...

Old 06-23-2017, 07:21 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,252,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are all sorts of reasons for interrupting matters. Birth control, for sure. A crash is heard, then a moment of silence followed by a toddler moaning, "Mama." The doorbell rings. The bed collapses. A cop knocks on the car window. ...

So far 9 fellow forum members have voted that once a guy gets going, she can't stay stop.

9!

10 now it is extremely disturbing that anyone thinks that, let alone 10 people, though I take comfort in the thought that people who think like that probably aren't getting any anyway.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
With two lawyers and a referee in the room, plus a notary to validate all of the necessary signed paperwork before, during and after the act, it's going to take a toll on the whole event. Maybe add a videographer to that crowd as well to adequately document what took place when and where?

Glad I'm not dating anymore...
Yeah, acknowledging the difficulty of proving withdrawn consent is one thing. But to explicitly have a law such as this that actually enables the sex to continue despite one partner trying to stop? Dang.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryZebra View Post
Wtf kind of question is this?

The second that either person in a sexual act says "no", its over. To continue after the "no" is rape.
This should end the thread. It doesn't get any more clear cut than this. If someone changes their mind and says no, they have withdrawn their consent for sex. Period.

But at least 11 people here think that a person doesn't have any say once the act is begun, and that's really disturbing.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:33 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
A man or woman who says stop or no means stop or no. Failing to stop is rape. Period. Why would you want to not stop anyway? Sick.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:34 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
10 now it is extremely disturbing that anyone thinks that, let alone 10 people, though I take comfort in the thought that people who think like that probably aren't getting any anyway.
11 now... :/

Interesting that none of them have posted to share why. Thar be sickos here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies