Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 PM

983 posts, read 741,764 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAnNPC4ppi4

Just watch that. The cop goes in, OF COURSE a dog will run towards the person! This kind of crap happens way to often. And this piece of **** cop has the gall to say the dog attacked him??? God, if I could I'd throw him into a pit with a bunch of rabies-ridden animals and LET THEM attack him.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,816,530 times
We had a cop in Hawthorne kill a dog for no reason. Sparked massive outrage.

How about the officer who on a raid shot the pet dog simply because it was barking?

How's this, a cop actually shot a pet cat. WTH is wrong with a cop who shoots a cat? Of course he was found "not guilty".

Cop Was "Doing His Job" When He Shot a Family's Cat and Told Them to "Clean Up the Mess"

There are some mental cops out there for sure.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:20 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,846,664 times
Yea that s**t makes my blood boil too. If a dog is attacking a cop in a gunfight or clearly latching on to him, that's one thing. Somehow I have dealt with all kinds of dogs, friendly, unfriendly, you name it, my entire life, and I have never had to shoot one. A 200 pound human should be able to cope with an 80 pound dog if they are trained properly with nothing but the weapons they were born with.

Again the situation changes when there is more than one threat the cops have to deal with, say getting shot at AND getting charged by a dog. But just the dog by itself? I would be ashamed to show my man card if i couldn't cope with a <100 lb dog without having to employ a firearm.

I think a lot of sociopaths go into police work, and a lot of the time they do it "because they can".

Old 06-27-2017, 02:23 PM

30,407 posts, read 23,874,018 times
This is where you can get me to say "F the police" every time. Every single time. They lie so much about being "attacked".

If for some reason a cop had to come to my house, and they shot my dog(s), I would end up in prison for life because I would lose my ish and attack that cop. That's a promise.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,084,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is where you can get me to say "F the police" every time. Every single time. They lie so much about being "attacked".

If for some reason a cop had to come to my house, and they shot my dog(s), I would end up in prison for life because I would lose my ish and attack that cop. That's a promise.
I will have to agree with you on this.
There was no reason to shoot that dog. It happens way too much.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,922,726 times
Hell! Frightened undisciplined cops in this country can shoot unarmed PEOPLE without paying any penalty. Shooting a pet dog is not even worth a comment.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:34 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,496,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

First bipartisan cause I've seen yet on C-D.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,685,947 times
NO! Just absolutely no frigging way! This cop is a buffoon. Had I been the homeowner I would have told him to shove his commands for ID and any subsequent such "commands". Shift LT, at my house NOW ...please. And I'm going to make some phone calls. That dog was no threat. He was a good 10-15 yards away and fully within his duties to be barking and approaching. The cop walked in on a closed gate ,AFTER asking for a phone contact for the resident and NOT attempting any contact with the resident.

Did he not even consider the possibility of a dog, or the presence of a dog being a good sign? Total trigger happy idiot. The dog did not "attack" him. Not in any way. This is a classic "don't shoot" situation. This deputy is ( or should be) in hot water. I saw nothing that justified even drawing his weapon let alone killing the dog.

The dog was not friendly, but was well within its boundaries with any visitor. Barking and being on alert. It was hardly in attack mode. A dog in attack mode is impossible to misinterpret, and this dog was not in any such frame of mind. The officer was trespassing. Any cop with half a brain knows to take caution when going through a closed gate. That just screams DOG on premises. And its quite unlikely a criminal brought a dog with them to a home invasion.

Please. Spare me the excuses for lethal force "deputy".

Old 06-27-2017, 02:55 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,533,623 times
They have mace.

They have tasers.

They have batons.

Why always to the gun first?

My favorite was the cops who broke into THE WRONG HOUSE and then shot the dog and homeowner.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,004,028 times
They say murderers usually start with animals...
How long till he bags himself a human?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies