Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,919,326 times

Advertisements

A few years ago a cop in a nearby city DID break into the wrong house and kill the sleeping owner. IIRC the cop was not held responsible.

I am politically liberal but I also an a firm believer in defending myself and my family from assault. I would consider shooting my dog to be an attack on my family and eventually myself.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:04 PM

18,096 posts, read 27,562,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAnNPC4ppi4

Just watch that. The cop goes in, OF COURSE a dog will run towards the person! This kind of crap happens way to often. And this piece of **** cop has the gall to say the dog attacked him??? God, if I could I'd throw him into a pit with a bunch of rabies-ridden animals and LET THEM attack him.
Who let the dogs out?

Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,751,153 times
It should be obvious that the majority of people seeking a position of authority over others will by psychopaths, thugs, and tyrants.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,434,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
It should be obvious that the majority of people seeking a position of authority over others will by psychopaths, thugs, and tyrants.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d7/d7c5d...0f0c8154b7.jpg

Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,623,854 times
There seems to be little rational perspective on the part of most of the previous posters on this thread. The dog was coming fast and straight at the deputy. It never waivered or hesitated. It wasn't stopped and just barking, as some have suggested. There was no time for the deputy to make any judgement about the dog's intentions, because if he had, the dog could have been on him and attacking in another half-second. The fact that it was a pit-bull, also has to be considered. Don't underestimate the strength and destructive power such a dog has, even though a grown man might be more than twice its weight.

I didn't see any "Beware of Dog" signs on the driveway. Was that the first time any other person had come to that door? The deputy was there on a legitimate call and actually would have been protecting the homeowner's property, if the alarm had been triggered by an intruder. The owner suggested that the deputy should have waited at the gate and had the owner let him in. But how could that have been accomplished? If there had been an intruder, that wouldn't have been at all feasible. The owner's fault in triggering the alarm, has to be considered as the primary cause for the whole incident.

With such a dog on duty, there should have been at least a couple of warning signs and the gate should have been locked. A buzzer on the gate to alert the homeowner that someone wanted to make contact, should have been installed.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,528,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
There seems to be little rational perspective on the part of most of the previous posters on this thread. The dog was coming fast and straight at the deputy. It never waivered or hesitated.

d.
Like every dog ever.

Full out run towards the stranger, most stop just short of the stranger and hold position...this dog didn't even get that chance.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,700,226 times
If you have dogs, do NOT get an alarm system.

The dog's owner sat on his keys triggering the PANIC alert. The panic alert for most alarm companies is different than the breaking in signal. The panic button is to signal that you are in imminent danger. It's why the cop was flying there with lights and sirens.

The cop did what he was suppose to do and go to the residence. At that point, the dog came at him aggressively, which is what that dog is supposed to do.

At that point, the cop didn't have many options. I have no idea if he had mace or how effective it would be against such a dog.

The home owner made a horrible choice in having such an alarm system.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:25 PM

630 posts, read 1,319,040 times
This is happening all too frequently over the last several years. All a cop has to say is " I feared for my safety" and this catch-all phrase is pretty much a free ticket to shoot any dog and person as well. There are videos all over the internet showing this behavior. Until people start seriously demanding police departments stop this crap and pass stricter guidelines for the use of weapons; it will continue to get worse. Independent oversight is needed in these cases.
This stuff makes me sick. I avoid the police as much as possible and no longer support them because of the unnecessary killing of family pets and the fact that they get away free of almost all shootings of pets and people. Government thugs at best. If you are too afraid to be a cop and are constantly looking for someone or something to shoot; perhaps you should choose accounting as a job instead.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,700,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
This is happening all too frequently over the last several years. All a cop has to say is " I feared for my safety" and this catch-all phrase is pretty much a free ticket to shoot any dog and person as well. There are videos all over the internet showing this behavior. Until people start seriously demanding police departments stop this crap and pass stricter guidelines for the use of weapons; it will continue to get worse. Independent oversight is needed in these cases.
This stuff makes me sick. I avoid the police as much as possible and no longer support them because of the unnecessary killing of family pets and the fact that they get away free of almost all shootings of pets and people. Government thugs at best. If you are too afraid to be a cop and are constantly looking for someone or something to shoot; perhaps you should choose accounting as a job instead.
I've seen lots of videos where the cop was 100% at fault and had zero reason to shoot.

I don't believe this is one of those cases.

The blame here rests on the home owner.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,751,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They fail to realize that the only just form of government is restricted to being only a retaliatory force against aggressors to maximize human freedom. All "modern" governments are strictly only institutions of aggression upon the individual to destroy human freedom. So they have no concept of not living under right wing authoritarianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies