Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:27 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,298,675 times

Advertisements

Dogs are things when a cop shoots one.

But hurt or kill a police dog and you attacked a police officer.

How does that work?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,684,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
There seems to be little rational perspective on the part of most of the previous posters on this thread. The dog was coming fast and straight at the deputy. It never waivered or hesitated. It wasn't stopped and just barking, as some have suggested. There was no time for the deputy to make any judgement about the dog's intentions, because if he had, the dog could have been on him and attacking in another half-second. The fact that it was a pit-bull, also has to be considered. Don't underestimate the strength and destructive power such a dog has, even though a grown man might be more than twice its weight.

I didn't see any "Beware of Dog" signs on the driveway. Was that the first time any other person had come to that door? The deputy was there on a legitimate call and actually would have been protecting the homeowner's property, if the alarm had been triggered by an intruder. The owner suggested that the deputy should have waited at the gate and had the owner let him in. But how could that have been accomplished? If there had been an intruder, that wouldn't have been at all feasible. The owner's fault in triggering the alarm, has to be considered as the primary cause for the whole incident.

With such a dog on duty, there should have been at least a couple of warning signs and the gate should have been locked. A buzzer on the gate to alert the homeowner that someone wanted to make contact, should have been installed.

Did we watch different videos? It seems so. The dog did swerve and maintained distance. besides a Beware sign would indicate the owner thought the dog to be a threat, which he clearly did not see his dog as being. This dog did NOTHING any good dog wouldn't have done in these circumstances. The officer was clearly not feeling distressed or in danger ( observe his voice...I guess he's just a cool cucumber yea?) Which indeed he was when facing no threat with his firearm.

This video is damning in no uncertain terms. The deputy acted in an inexcusable manner and far exceeded his mandate. End of story.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,751,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Uh huh... Let me know when you decide to call the cop who shot Philando Castile a jack-booted thug...
Of course he is, he is an agent of the State.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:32 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,751,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Dogs are things when a cop shoots one.

But hurt or kill a police dog and you attacked a police officer.

How does that work?
Because a police dog is an agent of the State. It is Divine and is not merely a subject of the State. The State has claimed for itself the Divine exclusive right to initiate force upon others. Subjects of the State are only it victims.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,161,166 times
That deputy was all kinds of stupid and damn quick to pull the trigger. Had I been the owner of the dog I'd have verbally abused him big time and I'd bet he'd lose his cool and do something stupid. You could tell he was a cocky jerk from the badge cam.
He did the " Lookout he's coming right at me!" excuse.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,816,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is where you can get me to say "F the police" every time. Every single time. They lie so much about being "attacked".

If for some reason a cop had to come to my house, and they shot my dog(s), I would end up in prison for life because I would lose my ish and attack that cop. That's a promise.
WE don't agree on much, but this is one I absolutely do agree 100%

You don't kill a helpless pet just because you have a badge, a gun, and zero conscience.

Can you imagine being the spouse to one of these bums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Uh huh... Let me know when you decide to call the cop who shot Philando Castile a jack-booted thug...
I'll be the first to say he is... the fact that he was found not guilty (not the same as innocent) and then the city settles with the family for millions tells us how corrupt the legal system has become.

BUT... this thread is about something entirely different. Let's not conflate one state sanctioned crime with another.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,161,166 times
You could just have dog feces smeared on his car, on his front door, in his food at a restaurant, anywhere he goes.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,659,298 times
Why do cops shoot dogs? Cats are harder to hit.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,684,303 times
This is a clear case of a LE officer exceeding his authority. These are the people the left says we should cede authority with arms to. We should trust in these people, in their training and judgement? I don't think so folks. This is out of hand and far beyond LE mandate.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,425,925 times
why do cops shoot people, because they got ego problems, I really believe they should have to have a gun pointed at them before they can shoot, not just because he had a permit and the gun was locked up at his house 37 miles away with the bullets at his momma house 120 miles away, but you honor, he had a permit, it could go off in seven months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies