Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:50 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Yep. Too different, and the language barrier is definitely a concern. You are right.

In pop culture in Japan, black people are idolized for their music. There are girls and guys who will purposely paint their face black. In America this is viewed negatively (black face) but in Japan, they do this just to try and be closer to the people they like, most being rappers or r&b artists.

I have one friend (half black half white) opened a clothing shop in Japan. He sells hip hop clothing, and accessories. He made a lot of money last year. He also teaches people how to dance.

There is definitely a business opportunity there in Asian countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 05:53 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I must admit that I'm just tired of dealing with all of the race related issues in the U.S. Other developed nations seem much more civilized. It would be refreshing to leave America and never have to worry about U.S. politics, and the various race based programming that is very common throughout America.
I agree, I hate US politics as well and I've travelled a lot overseas, and it is nice to get away from US politics, but being a white guy I don't have to worry about racial problems here in the US. That said, every country is going to have some issues. If I was black and experienced a lot of negative racism, I'd leave the US. I have a white South African friend who left his country due to racism against whites, he lives in China and is currently applying for a visa in Australia. You shouldn't stay somewhere you are unhappy.

If you have a college degree it shouldn't be too hard to find work in other countries or get a tourist visa and simply visit places you want to go. I believe you can spend 30 days in Canada without a visa, but it can be difficult to get a work visa in Canada.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 PM

209 posts, read 220,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a little to old to leave at this point, but if I had South of France/Monaco money, I'd be gone in a nanosecond.

If it had to be a place in this hemisphere, I'd pick Grenada (literal paradise on Earth...going back next year) or maybe Curacao. Belize or Guyana wouldn't be too bad either.

African Americans generally don't consider expat life because for them, living outside of the United States is unimaginable, just like it is for most Americans. They don't know anything else. Americans are provincial, and African Americans are probably more provincial than most Americans due to our overall education level being lower. We aren't exposed to as much of the world as whites are.

In my case, living and working in Europe for more than a decade made me see that there's a much bigger world than the United States, and that we don't always have it right. In fact, we're wrong more often than I realized.

Europeans taught me about what life is REALLY about. Not big homes, cars, toys, money, your job title, or your status. Maybe that's because in Europe, you can enjoy so many beautiful things without having money in your pocket. If you have bus or train fare, you can have the experience of your life.

If I were 20 years younger, I'd probably try to live in Europe again, but I think I'm a little too old now. I'm too fat and happy.....and well established in my community. I've got an easy job, a nice little home, a few nickels in my pocket, and I live in the best, most beautiful state in the country.

So that's pretty much it for me.
You may believe that you're too old to leave, but in truth you're not.

I do agree that many Black Americans generally do not know anything else outside of the U.S. I however think it's time for more of "us" to start being more strategic. This is not to say that I'm encouraging all Black Americans to leave America, but I do think it's important for young educated black Americans who have the ability to compete globally to take advantage of those opportunities and stop spending so much time fighting against white racism in America.

As I mentioned in my original post, it gets exhausting spending so much time on such issues, instead of focusing more on self development and just living life around good people.

Just curious, which state do you reside in?

Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Europeans taught me about what life is REALLY about. Not big homes, cars, toys, money, your job title, or your status. Maybe that's because in Europe, you can enjoy so many beautiful things without having money in your pocket. If you have bus or train fare, you can have the experience of your life.

If I were 20 years younger, I'd probably try to live in Europe again, but I think I'm a little too old now. I'm too fat and happy.....and well established in my community. I've got an easy job, a nice little home, a few nickels in my pocket, and I live in the best, most beautiful state in the country.

So that's pretty much it for me.
yep.

True.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
You may believe that you're too old to leave, but in truth you're not.

I do agree that many Black Americans generally do not know anything else outside of the U.S. I however think it's time for more of "us" to start being more strategic. This is not to say that I'm encouraging all Black Americans to leave America, but I do think it's important for young educated black Americans who have the ability to compete globally to take advantage of those opportunities and stop spending so much time fighting against white racism in America.

As I mentioned in my original post, it gets exhausting spending so much time on such issues, instead of focusing more on self development and just living life around good people.

Just curious, which state do you reside in?
Southeastern Arizona.

As it is, I'm probably gonna spend half the year living in Mexico once I'm done working full time.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I agree, I hate US politics as well and I've travelled a lot overseas, and it is nice to get away from US politics, but being a white guy I don't have to worry about racial problems here in the US. That said, every country is going to have some issues. If I was black and experienced a lot of negative racism, I'd leave the US. I have a white South African friend who left his country due to racism against whites, he lives in China and is currently applying for a visa in Australia. You shouldn't stay somewhere you are unhappy.
I find the bolded statement interesting. You do realize that whites created the system of apartheid in South Africa, which stripped the native South Africans of their humanity. It's very odd that "your friend" feels discriminated against, when whites currently run most of the vital businesses and industry throughout South Africa.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:00 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
I believe you can spend 30 days in Canada without a visa, but it can be difficult to get a work visa in Canada.
6 months actually, if you're American. That I know from experience.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:02 PM

Best Countries for Black Men to Visit and Live in. During my research, I came across several countries that love Black men. Here's the list I found:

Americas

- Mexico
- Costa Rica
- Panama
- Colombia
- Brazil
- Cuba
- Dominican Republic

Africa

- All of Africa especially Ghana, Ethiopia, Morocco, and Johannesburg

Europe

- France
-Sweden

(Spain and Italy are ranked lower but still make the cut)

Asia

- China
- Japan
- Phillipines

Australia

- Brisbane (gold coast) is the best

If you want an in-depth look into these countries, then check out this book:

It is a pretty interesting book.
Amazon.com: Best Countries for Black Men eBook: Steve Love: Kindle Store

Old 07-06-2017, 06:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
6 months actually, if you're American. That I know from experience.
I think you're right. Same for Mexico.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Southeastern Arizona.

As it is, I'm probably gonna spend half the year living in Mexico once I'm done working full time.
I thought you were going to state California. Arizona wouldn't work for me, but the important thing is that you enjoy living there.

I've visited Scottsdale and Phoenix. It was scorching hot. They say that the heat is different, because it's dry, but I found the weather much too hot to do any outdoor activities during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies