Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 04:47 PM

209 posts, read 220,153 times

Advertisements

Just curious, how many Black Americans have considered leaving America? If you were to leave, which nation would you immigrate to? I ask, because my friend and I were discussing becoming expats in other nations. She is interested in relocating to Canada or France, while I'm interested in Aruba or St Kitts.

Where would you relocate to, if you had the opportunity to leave America?

As an aside, each year, many people all over the world relocate out of their native born nations, but oddly, Black Americans rarely leave America. It is especially odd that highly educated black Americans who work in tech and business rarely become expats. There are however some who do.

I've followed the journey of several Black Americans who have relocated out of America and they seem much happier. I believe more Black Americans who have the ability, should consider this option.

I think it's rather sad to spend so much of one's existence fighting white American racism in particular, because you don't have the opportunity to just be you and focus on what's really important in life (i.e. family, establishing good friendships, becoming more spiritual, living a healthy lifestyle, volunteering, etc).

Last edited by Water4Life; 07-06-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 04:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
You know this isn't the relocation forum, right?

Old 07-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You know this isn't the relocation forum, right?
politics and other controversies.

where black people should relocate to based on race(perception, reality) is a controversy.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:04 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Someplace warm

Old 07-06-2017, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

where black people should relocate to based on race(perception, reality) is a controversy.
Oh. The race obsession thing. I forgot.

Ok, proceed.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
Just curious, how many Black Americans have considered leaving America? If you were to leave, which nation would you immigrate to? I ask, because my friend and I were discussing becoming expats in other nations. She is interested in relocating to Canada or France, while I'm interested in Aruba or St Kitts.

Where would you relocate to, if you had the opportunity to leave America?
St. Kitts over Aruba

Canada over France

Canada over St Kitts.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:10 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

It is? Silly me. All this time I thought people moved to wherever they wanted to because they liked the climate among other things. How stupid of me to think this wasn't another highly racial toxic controversy.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
I have a couple black friends who live as expats. One in China and another in Dominica. The black friend in China is planning on immigrating to Canada with his Chinese wife eventually. I don't believe either of their reasons is based on racism, but they are happy with where they are.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:16 PM

209 posts, read 220,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I have a couple black friends who live as expats. One in China and another in Dominica. The black friend in China is planning on immigrating to Canada with his Chinese wife eventually. I don't believe either of their reasons is based on racism, but they are happy with where they are.
I must admit that I'm just tired of dealing with all of the race related issues in the U.S. Other developed nations seem much more civilized. It would be refreshing to leave America and never have to worry about U.S. politics, and the various race based programming that is very common throughout America.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It is? Silly me. All this time I thought people moved to wherever they wanted to because they liked the climate among other things. How stupid of me to think this wasn't another highly racial toxic controversy.
People do move to places because of those reasons, but as a Christian, i doubt you would move to a muslim country for obvious reasons.

Why then is it wrong for a black person to have similar concerns and simply want to make sure the place they are planning on moving to is safe for their families ??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies