Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 01:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
I'm not sure why any black person would move to Europe outside of the UK or Germany when they're going through their own economic political and social strife with immigrants. Look at what happened to that kid that just got killed in Greece not too long ago.

You'd be better off going to Canada, the islands or your Ancestral homeland of Africa
Because Western Europe has great conditions, lots to do, and good looking women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 01:42 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,314,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because Western Europe has great conditions, lots to do, and good looking women.
there are other places on this fine earth with great or decent conditions, lots to do and beautiful women (canada, South Africa, brazil, china).

UK Italy and germany seem to be alright but the amount of 'cism i been hearing out of Europe is a bit much.

I'd suppose One would be better off just staying here instead.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:04 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is one important point and I want you to consider. (agree or disagree, that is up to you)

The Asian discrimination against foreigners is a stereotype that is incredibly naive and innocent (for lack of a better word). It’s one born more out of curiosity and a reaction to ‘the stranger’ than an informed one.

A majority of Asians have never seen a black person, except on TV.

Remember the "racist" commercial?

From a Chinese perspective… it’s just viewed as a funny and light idea. They probably OK-ed it without a second thought. It shows naivete to a ridiculous extent.

Does that make it OK? Absolutely not. There needs to be education on this kind of thing, and sadly that’s just not a priority yet.

For the majority of people, there’s nothing wrong with it - simply because they don’t understand how it can be viewed as wrong. Sit down with them, ask them how they would feel if the ad was reversed with a yellow/white situation, and they get it immediately. But before that? Nope. Doesn’t even cross their mind.

Does that make it OK? Absolutely not. There needs to be education on this kind of thing, and sadly that’s just not a priority yet. (sorry, but I do have to say it twice) :P

Until there’s real education about racism in China, (and any asian countries), expect the very worst. Not out of spite, not out of a superiority complex, but just because they don’t know any better.
Sorry, but, that is pure nonsense.

Asians can be incredibly racist. What makes you believe that Asians don’t know any better? That's incredibly condescending.

Asians scream bloody murder when they think someone is discriminating against them. They know better.

Asian racism is institutional, too.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What a bizarre question. Why would any American leave the states. But since you asked, what is your background.
Let's hope he answers. I wonder where he got his data.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:05 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
People do move to places because of those reasons, but as a Christian, i doubt you would move to a muslim country for obvious reasons.

Why then is it wrong for a black person to have similar concerns and simply want to make sure the place they are planning on moving to is safe for their families ??????
A black American should not have to move out of the country simply to be safe.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
there are other places on this fine earth with great or decent conditions, lots to do and beautiful women (canada, South Africa, brazil, china).

UK Italy and germany seem to be alright but the amount of 'cism i been hearing out of Europe is a bit much.

I'd suppose One would be better off just staying here instead.
The reports about Europe are greatly exaggerated.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
A black American should not have to move out of the country simply to be safe.
that a good statement, what if they was a part of a country that was more friendly

Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Money is a pretty good insulator to keep the chill of racism at bay. It's still there, but having a sufficient amount of money allows you to "go out into the cold" and live your life. African Americans carry the burden of being an American when they go to certain foreign countries.

When I visited foreign countries I always imagined myself relocating there and I found that what I was really contemplating was living as an American in a foreign land, and we complain that some foreigners do that here.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Why would my wife and I want to leave? As black Americans, life is going great for us. I love America. I wore the uniform to defend it. I'm never going to leave.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:12 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Sorry, but, that is pure nonsense.

Asians can be incredibly racist. What makes you believe that Asians don’t know any better? That's incredibly condescending.

Asians scream bloody murder when they think someone is discriminating against them. They know better.

Asian racism is institutional, too.
well, I am just expressing my opinion based on my own experience as a 1/4 Japanese girl in Asian countries.

You (a white dude) married an Asian woman might have a different experience.

That is all. I am not saying you are wrong.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-12-2017 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies