Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:48 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
As a parent, if this was my child in this video, I would think I failed somewhere along the way. Hope this girl gets the help she needs and she comes out doing great. She's obviously a beautiful, intelligent young girl who has made some serious errors in judgment and attitude that need extensive adjusting.

The police were extremely patient. If this was a guy. . .
Can you tell me where on the video it is "obviously a beautiful, intelligent young girl". Sorry I must have missed that part. And since when is a 18 year old a young girl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 12:38 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You're a liar
Sometime

Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Calif. Bill Would Force Police To Release Body Cam Video

Calif. Bill Would Force Police To Release Body Cam Video « CBS Los Angeles

Old 07-12-2017, 10:34 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Police videos from fatal shootings are public record, N.J. Supreme Court rules

Police videos from fatal shootings are public record, N.J. Supreme Court rules | NJ.com

Old 07-12-2017, 10:42 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I think this goes to show that body cameras are not about a war on police. They also protect police officers from false accusations.
I love body cams. Makes it harder for bad cops to be bad and for false claims from the public.

BOTH of which are good for society as well as my taxes that go to pay for legal fees and settlements involving such matters.

I've heard of complaint reductions up towards 90% after implementation.

Frankly, if I were a cop I'd demand to have one.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:52 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wow, her father must not like her very much. Or maybe he wanted to shame her into understanding her bratty ways are harming her, but he sure doesn't understand what happens to people when incidents like this go viral.
To be fair, she attempted to ruin the officers' lives by posting pictures online, so this would almost be an eye for eye punishment. She is not a girl or a teen, she is a legal adult. If this was a male, nobody would say "he's just a teen."

Old 07-12-2017, 10:56 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
I think in the future what will happen is 2-3 autonomous drones will launch as soon as an officer steps out of the car, hovering ~12 feet above the scene, taking audio, 3D 360 degree video at 300 frames per second, as well as real-time LIDAR / photogrammetric mapping, and following whatever actors (officer, perpetrator, victim, etc.) are present for however long the incident lasts.

Later the entire scene will be able to be reconstructed in VR in minute detail where the viewer can watch from any perspective or orientation at any speed forward and backward, pause and move around, etc.

I think this ^ is probably 10-20 years away.

(The important thing will be ensuring the data / video / photogrammetry geometry is not tampered with. It's only going to be a matter of a few more years before we'll be able to fake scenes and speech so convincingly that we'll start to doubt what we hear people saying and see people doing on video.)

It's also possible the drones may play a part in intervening when necessary.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Sorry but if anyone needs a good ass kicking she is the one.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:34 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
As a parent, if this was my child in this video, I would think I failed somewhere along the way. Hope this girl gets the help she needs and she comes out doing great. She's obviously a beautiful, intelligent young girl who has made some serious errors in judgment and attitude that need extensive adjusting.

The police were extremely patient. If this was a guy. . .

If that is beautiful and intelligent I would love to see what ugly and stupid looks like.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:04 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Well, she's only 18. Teenagers often make stupid mistakes, which probably shouldn't ruin their lives forever.
She is legally an adult. So, drinking alcohol, smoking pot and assaulting police officers is a "stupid mistake" in your book? Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Assaulting a police officer, making false rape allegations to ruin a police officer's life, and attempting to throw a bottle at an officer is pretty bad stuff. She's 18 not 11 and she should be held liable for those horrible things. Even if that mean's she is unable to get into college or get a job in the future. Assault and false rape allegations aren't stupid mistakes that teenagers make.
Agree.

Quote:
So, no second chances ever? I never said she shouldn't get punished. I just don't think this should ruin her life forever.
She'll get a 2nd chance after they finish prosecuting her and she pays her dues, just like everyone else does. "This" did not ruin her life, she most likely did her future some serious damage. Who would want someone like that in the workplace?

Quote:
Again, I never said she should not get punished. I was just responding to the post saying she should never get a job in her life. She's a teenager, and she didn't murder anyone. Even murderers get second chances after doing their time.

But I do agree her allegations could have ruined those officers' lives, though I'm guessing they would have still been able to get future employment.
She is an adult. She hasn't murdered anyone yet. You should hire her to work for you. Or, maybe hang out with your 18 year old son if you had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Can you tell me where on the video it is "obviously a beautiful, intelligent young girl". Sorry I must have missed that part. And since when is a 18 year old a young girl?
Yeah, I seen a drunk spoiled brat assaulting police officers, which I tagged as "dumb". "Beautiful"? So if she were unattractive, that would have made a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If that is beautiful and intelligent I would love to see what ugly and stupid looks like.
I guess if she had been ugly and stupid that she would deserve no second chance and they should throw the book at her.

An intelligent adult in no way resembles the person in the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies