Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Except some of us do understand it - even when it doesn't go our way.
Quit flaunting your education on the board.

Some folks might still be in the 4th grade and haven't got to the Electoral College part in social studies yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 05:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
I understand the complaints about the Electoral College, but why were the Dems so confident they were going to win beforehand?

What A Clinton Landslide Would Look Like | FiveThirtyEight

Old 07-14-2017, 05:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Quit flaunting your education on the board.

Some folks might still be in the 4th grade and haven't got to the Electoral College part in social studies yet.

Well, you know me - if I'm not raggin' I'm braggin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I understand the complaints about the Electoral College, but why were the Dems so confident they were going to win beforehand?

What A Clinton Landslide Would Look Like | FiveThirtyEight

I think their biggest mistake was overestimating her popularity and underestimating the reason Trump got as far as he did.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:55 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I just had a customer from Switzerland yesterday, and, at first I thought he was German because of an accent, but he corrected me. So, I said to him, "What do you think of our new President ?' He gave me a major eye roll and said " We are talking about him a lot in our country !" I said "He is a clown", and he let out a loud laugh and said " Yes, he is very unusual".

But then he said something striking. He said, " You have a very strange system of elections here. How can a person get more people votes and still lose ? What incentive to people have to vote if their vote means nothing ?"

I told him we don't understand it either, and it really is why a lot of people didn't turn out.
Great! Comparing the voting system of a country with 321 million people spread out over 50 states with a small handful of mass population centers to a country with 8.3 million in a space smaller than the state of Maine.

LOL! I would not expect him to understand. You, though, have no excuse.

The people that did not turn out in swing states cost Hillary the election. You can thank the pathetic leftist media for creating a false illusion of victory which thus created a sense of apathy among much of the liberal base (particularly minorities).

Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Here is an article that says the electoral college is what would guarantee Hillary's win

Why the outcome of the 2016 election is already crystal clear

Old 07-23-2017, 08:24 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Hillary did win the 2016 election, the primary, and it was stolen, from Bernie.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Here is an article that says the electoral college is what would guarantee Hillary's win

Why the outcome of the 2016 election is already crystal clear
The two million votes or more that were for Hillary were in NY.

One state doesn't get to decide who our President is.

That's WHY we have the electoral college.

Bu this has been repeated many times - it's just hard for some people to accept.

And as MichiganMoon said - Hillary stole the primary from Bernie, so there's that, as well.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I just had a customer from Switzerland yesterday, and, at first I thought he was German because of an accent, but he corrected me. So, I said to him, "What do you think of our new President ?' He gave me a major eye roll and said " We are talking about him a lot in our country !" I said "He is a clown", and he let out a loud laugh and said " Yes, he is very unusual".

But then he said something striking. He said, " You have a very strange system of elections here. How can a person get more people votes and still lose ? What incentive to people have to vote if their vote means nothing ?"

I told him we don't understand it either, and it really is why a lot of people didn't turn out.
lmao..Only a dummy wouldn't understand how the system works. Go do some research if you really want to know. If I met that Swiss guy I would have asked him how all the rapes are coming along in his country since his crazy Liberal leaders let the trash in.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:29 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I guess Jesse Jackson must be broke again....needs another Dem cash infusion or needing Hillary's services...until he became a member of the "Clinton bodycount club".

Old 07-24-2017, 04:18 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
- Whose Jesse Jackson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies