Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:48 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Apparently, knowledge is not key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Mathguy, I remember the '08 primaries very well.

Hillary is just more competent than the fool that's currently in office. Not only is she smarter but more experienced.
Um, she was smarter and more experienced in 2008 as well....but was deemed racist which is all it took.

This coming from a guy that likes Obama but thinks he'd have been a much better 2016 president having gained more experience.

Be honest, don't just vaguely address things like "I remember the '08 primaries".

Both parties are scum, Bush dicked over McCain in 2000 with "gay stuff".

Politics is a dirty, ugly business.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, she was smarter and more experienced in 2008 as well....but was deemed racist which is all it took.

This coming from a guy that likes Obama but thinks he'd have been a much better 2016 president having gained more experience.

Be honest, don't just vaguely address things like "I remember the '08 primaries".

Both parties are scum, Bush dicked over McCain in 2000 with "gay stuff".

Politics is a dirty, ugly business.

Hillary isn't smarter than Obama. And best believe isn't as charismatic.

Let me ask you this. Who you support, Mr Cynic? You must be anti government.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:57 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
And you're fine with that? The electoral college serves no purpose. I mean. Look who we have in office. That's a poor case for upholding it.
If you want to abolish the Electoral College, then light proverbial fires under your Congressperson and Senators to push for a constitutional amendment, or write to officials in states whose legislatures haven't yet ratified the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, or do both.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't care which method you use. I would be fine with the popular vote. But the candidates have to know which vote they are going after before the campaign starts. A popular vote win is a totally different ground game than an electoral college win. That is why the popular vote win in an electoral college election is meaningless.
Beat me to it.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Jackson is right! Now it's time for Intel to provide the evidence to substantiate Jackson's claim!
Did you even read the link?

Jackson refers to the Electoral College as "foolishness"

The Electoral College is codified in the Constitution.

Sounds as though you don't care about following the Constitution.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Your president, not mine.
You're not a U.S. citizen, eh ?

Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 PM

304 posts, read 324,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Bush also lost the Popular vote, but won EC. Republican Presidents have historically been far worse and far more corrupt going back to at least Nixon.
Not really. Hillary ran up the popular vote totals in California, but many conservatives that live in California choose not to vote, same in States like New York, Illinois, etc. Because of the way our system works, Dems don't turnout in heavily red states, and conservatives don't turn out in heavily blue states. Trump was leading in the popular vote until the votes in Cali started to come in, that's when the results started to change. But again that's not too surprising given that everyone with a brain knew that California was going to go Blue, so a lot of Conservatives living in California didn't bother to vote. Dems tend to vote in larger numbers than Conservatives, especially in heavily blue regions/states of the country.

If the rules were changed to a popular vote wins the Presidency, then it would all depend on the voter turnout nationwide and Dems would not necessarily have an advantage. Since voter turnout now is meaningless in states that are already pre-determined to go red or blue, many people that may have in the past ignored general elections, would suddenly find themselves key demographis by both parties in trying to sway them to (a) vote and (b) vote for their candidate.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I 100% believe that she could have won that election but for her and her own supporters hubris that they "had it in the bag".
Yep.

Quote:
You are acknowledging however that she did cheat at the election.....be careful, Fiyero is going to call you a trumpbot.
LOL.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Okay, so what's wrong with kids born to illegals? They're granted citizenship by the 14th Amendment.
You realize you were wrong, so now you are attempting to move the goalposts.

I've never said so called 'anchor babies' aren't citizens. Check my post history. You are confusing me with some other member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies