Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Will my taxes be lower?
Only if you're one of the robber barons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 07:51 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Will my taxes be lower?
Are you a one percenter? Then yes.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:51 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Never fear, they'll screw that up, too. Stunads.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The GOP will NEVER put pride aside and work for the good of the American people. If such was true we would have addressed the debt and some would have voted for the ACA. Instead, we are at about 50 repeal attempts.

We are talking some sick puppies. They don't care about you, me or grandma. I wouldn't be surprised if they just ignored it and moved on...pretended it never happened (their failures). After all, Trump gets away with that every day.

Didn't he say it was gonna be repealed and replaced with something better on day one?
That's three lies in one sentence - day one, something better and repealed......

He also doesn't know and doesn't care. He does not have the brain capability to understand and/or fix it. This is why he - under the guise of being a "delegating" boss - just hands over all the functions of the executive branch to others.

I'd love to see Don the Con and Obama take a series of tests - multiple choice would be fine - on EVERYTHING from the USA Constitution to history to geography to politics to economics and more.......

Don would come out below many high school students. I certainly know a lot more about just about everything (except acting and The Art of the Con) than our current POTUS.
That would be something to see the results of your proposed test. I don't think Trump would even be able to maintain the attention span to take it.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
McConnell: Senate to try to repeal ObamaCare next week

I can't wait! Let's repeal it ASAP! Woohoo!
Why would this be a good thing? What do you think is going to happen if they do?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:00 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
It's not getting repealed without a replacement. Moderate Republicans (as well as many Republicans who need to be re-elected) won't support just a repeal because members of their base could be hurt if that happens. And some of these guys are in states where they aren't exactly grandfathered in yet. Democrat outrage over it's repeal without a replacement could cost him/her a seat in the senate/house. And that's not something they want.

The ACA isn't going anywhere. Not yet.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:17 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Why would this be a good thing? What do you think is going to happen if they do?
Simple. States like West Virginia who voted for Trump has 1/3 of it's pop on Medicaid. It's about time we cut these leeches off.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:26 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The GOP will NEVER put pride aside and work for the good of the American people. If such was true we would have addressed the debt and some would have voted for the ACA. Instead, we are at about 50 repeal attempts.

We are talking some sick puppies. They don't care about you, me or grandma. I wouldn't be surprised if they just ignored it and moved on...pretended it never happened (their failures). After all, Trump gets away with that every day.

Didn't he say it was gonna be repealed and replaced with something better on day one?
That's three lies in one sentence - day one, something better and repealed......

He also doesn't know and doesn't care. He does not have the brain capability to understand and/or fix it. This is why he - under the guise of being a "delegating" boss - just hands over all the functions of the executive branch to others.

I'd love to see Don the Con and Obama take a series of tests - multiple choice would be fine - on EVERYTHING from the USA Constitution to history to geography to politics to economics and more.......

Don would come out below many high school students. I certainly know a lot more about just about everything (except acting and The Art of the Con) than our current POTUS.

Oh yeah.........at every rally he stood up there and boldly proclaimed on day one they would repeal and replace it, as if he, the sole ruler of the world, could all alone make it happen. But lately he has his tail between his legs and is looking like a whipped puppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJCbrsiezw

"Oh, Mr. President, we are so tired of winning.......please stop the winning, we are winning so much that it is wearing us out !"

Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Well, he and his extended family are winning...doesn't that count for something? Maybe it will trickle down to some of those 15,000 immigrants he just allowed in to staff his resorts? Then they will.....well, I guess they will try to take most of it home...

It's safe to assume a lot of those 15K are Mexicans and Central Americans. That is in addition to the 66,000 already OKed this year. No doubt a lot of the money they make will go to Coyotes to bring the remainder of the family over the southern border...but the transparent, solar TALL wall (didn't it keep getting higher?) will stop them. Instead they will throw 30KG bags of drugs over it which could hit a real American on the head.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
McConnell: Senate to try to repeal ObamaCare next week

I can't wait! Let's repeal it ASAP! Woohoo!

They've tilted at that windmill HOW many times and failed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies