Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:41 PM

13,673 posts, read 9,752,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You hate people who aren't like you. Don't you think that's a bit problematic?
This is standard fare for tribal behavior. The other tribe is inferior, not because their ideas are unworkable, but simply because they're the other tribe. Compromise is anathema, because it dilutes (if not outright repudiates) tribal identity. To suppose that the other side has something meaningful to say, is tantamount to betrayal. And the most prized attribute is loyalty to one's own tribe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 03:53 PM

27,662 posts, read 28,756,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So history students will be left with an audio of a man bragging about grabbing women's private parts, they will see him talk about building a wall across the Mexican border and shake their head in disbelief just we do when looking back at things like George Wallace blocking AA students from entering the University of Alabama or Joe McCarthy ruining innocent people's lives with false charges..
I disagree that building a Mexican border wall is anything like segregation. Segregation was meant to keep whites and minorities separate in this country. It basically said that minorities were second-class American citizens who weren't allowed access to the same facilities whites were.

The wall, on the other hand, is meant to keep people from outside of our country from illegally entering it across the southern border. People from other countries have no right to come into ours without legal permission.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I could care less how history is going to judge Trump 50 years from now or 100 years now.

He just needs to get that wall built while he's President. That will do more good for our nation than just about anything else he can do. And of course, keep the economy going strong. That's all that matters. Everything else is nonsense.
He ain't never getting that wall built. A fence maybe and the taxpayers will be paying for it, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
How is Kirsten Gillibrand Hillary 2.0?
Female. That's all they know.

Quote:
Ok, so you get all high and might about the burden of proof you feel the OP ignores, then your defense of Hillary Clinton and Kristin Gellibrand is that she "seems clueless?"

You can't possibly be serious?
Seems that the poster isn't a fan of strong Democratic women. Go figure.

Quote:
Do you know what you and ISIS have in common?

I looked through your recent posts and nearly everything you posted was just you **** talking Democrats. That's it. Essentially nothing else, and anything that technically doesn't fall under the category, is still pretty close. Why do you have nothing good to say about anyone who doesn't agree with you? Why is it that hatred is all you seem to have to offer?

Why are you here?
Isn't that what most Trumplings have to offer? Some will flat out admit they still like him because he drives liberals crazy and to hell with what he actually accomplishes.

Have you ever listened to Rush Limbaugh and the like?

Conservatives declared flat out war on 'liberals' many years ago. They would love to see us all dead in the streets.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,115,411 times
Quote:

I looked through your recent posts and nearly everything you posted was just you **** talking Democrats. That's it. Essentially nothing else, and anything that technically doesn't fall under the category, is still pretty close. Why do you have nothing good to say about anyone who doesn't agree with you? Why is it that hatred is all you seem to have to offer?

Why are you here?
no

it is just funny how Democrats

based on how condescending and arrogant they are acting you would think they were the winners of the last election. Not the ones that lost to a reality TV star and have the lost a record number of seats and have the lowest power since the 1920s

Old 07-27-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He ain't never getting that wall built. A fence maybe and the taxpayers will be paying for it, believe me.

Female. That's all they know.

Seems that the poster isn't a fan of strong Democratic women. Go figure.

Isn't that what most Trumplings have to offer? Some will flat out admit they still like him because he drives liberals crazy and to hell with what he actually accomplishes.

Have you ever listened to Rush Limbaugh and the like?

Conservatives declared flat out war on 'liberals' many years ago. They would love to see us all dead in the streets.
liberals projecting once again

the ones crying and calling for an all out war against the others are liberals. The ones who can't accept the results of an election are liberals

Old 07-27-2017, 04:53 PM

16,330 posts, read 10,458,395 times
Quote:

Why are you here?
The poster is a perfect example of how divided we are. And it goes both ways. A review of my posts will show the same pattern. Now I am smart enough to know not to throw blanket statements about all conservatives, something the Trump clan simply has not been able to do.

I am specifically targeting The Cult and I am able to stay on point. When cornered The Cult often resorts to Hillary, the election results, the pre- elections polls (which were not that far off when you review the popular vote) or maybe Obama. This of course shows they have now intelligent response.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The poster is a perfect example of how divided we are. And it goes both ways. A review of my posts will show the same pattern. Now I am smart enough to know not to throw blanket statements about all conservatives, something the Trump clan simply has not been able to do. I am specifically targeting The Cult and I am able to stay on point. When cornered The Cult often resorts to Hillary, the election results, the pre- elections polls (which were not that far off when you review the popular vote) or maybe Obama. This of course shows they have now intelligent response.

"the cult" is a nice Democratic talking point. It won't help your decimated Party rebuild itself though by constantly crying about Trump and his supporters

Old 07-27-2017, 04:58 PM

6,741 posts, read 4,433,014 times
All this madness will end, but most of us wont be able to afford the health care when they're done, and be stuck with paying the penalty of having no healthcare. And back to the cold war with Russia, and the nut in N Korea.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
liberals projecting once again

the ones crying and calling for an all out war against the others are liberals. The ones who can't accept the results of an election are liberals
As I was saying....

Old 07-27-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
"the cult" is a nice Democratic talking point. It won't help your decimated Party rebuild itself though by constantly crying about Trump and his supporters
This is America. Power swings and no party retains power for long, and that is a good thing. The Dems had the White House for 8 years and Congress for many (most?) of those years. I don't recall any claiming the GOP was decimated. We all understood the pendulum always swings the other way eventually. That's because we obviously understand the process better than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies