Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:31 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If Pemce was president the libs would be out there calling him an evil racist bigot every day

He wouldn't give them ammunition from
Tweeting, but that is the only difference

Pence is no Prince, but he is certainly WAY better than the scum we have in the WH right now. He at least looks and acts Presidential, and seems to have some self control (something Donald Trump has none of). Pence also goes around the world, putting out fires Trump has started, so he seems to have some understanding of the importance of having allies and friends overseas (another thing Trump has zero understanding of).

I would help Trump pack if I thought Pence was moving in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 03:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I am not sure. I completely disagree with Pence's religion-based everything but I truly fear that Trump could be endangering the country with his foreign dealings. The fear he is showing with regard to the Mueller investigation makes it seem quite obvious he has much to hide.
That's about where I'm at.

There's a big difference between opposing a president's policies and thinking that a president is seriously unhinged.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:39 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,637,777 times
At this point i would be willing to gamble on Pence. His religious beliefs do scare me though. I don't want christian sharia law either..

Old 07-27-2017, 03:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No. I've never thought Pence would be worse. He's socially conservative and would probably steal from the poor and give to the rich, but it's unlikely he'd bring the country to its knees just by being a turd.
^^^^^ What Marlow said.

Quote:
Yes. So like I said, no difference except for the tweeting

The libs would be going on everyday about how Pence is racist, sexist, a Neanderthal etc.
He is all those things and we would probably be happy to point them out on a daily basis.

Just like the right did for 8 years when Obama was President.

Aside from the ultra-conservative Christian Sharia law thing - he appears quite sane unlike Trump.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That's about where I'm at.

There's a big difference between opposing a president's policies and thinking that a president is seriously unhinged.
Exactly. I already know I disagree with Pence. I know that. But Trump seems to be dealing on a whole other level and his complete lack of transparency and desire to hide his finances and business dealings make it look like we have put a cat in the canary cage. But it's okay because the cat is selling red hats that say "Canaries are safe with me!"

Old 07-27-2017, 03:45 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,908,646 times
Quote:
If Pemce was president the libs would be out there calling him an evil racist bigot every day

He wouldn't give them ammunition from
Tweeting, but that is the only difference
The neoliberals and Trump are both awful. Actually Trump is more like a neoliberal in terms of his economic policies than one thinks.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:51 PM

809 posts, read 748,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is doing everything that anti-impeachment Democrats feared would happen with Pence at the helm i.e. unleashing a full out assault on the LGBT community. In fact it might actually be worse because Trump is a true bully.

Does anybody still believe Pence would actually be worse than Trump?
I'm the first to admit I can't predict, well, anything, but I think Pence would have worse effect than Trump.

I think Trump is psychotic, so much so that even some self-serving republican politicians are pushed to occasionally do the right thing.

In addition, Trump seems to be driven by a need for approval (unlike the greedy rich core republicans). He may not be in touch with reality, but he does seem to be impeding the core republican agenda.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,095,460 times
I'd rather have the uncertainty of an executive branch run by the mental equivalent of a salacious toddler than the ultra christian ideologue vp. A man who doesn't trust himself to have lunch with a woman besides his own wife. I'm telling you as much as Trump has financial skeletons in his double wide closet, Pence has some scary stuff in his as well. Probably a pedophile or something...

Old 07-27-2017, 04:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Pence is no Prince, but he is certainly WAY better than the scum we have in the WH right now. He at least looks and acts Presidential, and seems to have some self control (something Donald Trump has none of). Pence also goes around the world, putting out fires Trump has started, so he seems to have some understanding of the importance of having allies and friends overseas (another thing Trump has zero understanding of).

I would help Trump pack if I thought Pence was moving in.
^^^^^^ This right. I don't think I will agree with Pence on much, but at least, he is mentally stable and understands and respects our constitutional government. I think we have has enough of the Mad King as president.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:02 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
Yes, Pence would be worse. Just as evil and hateful in terms of policy or even more, but smoother and more likely to get things through with stealth. And we know he's just as much of a liar.

It would be exchanging one evil for a different but equal evil, not even a lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies