Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
It's still Obamacare, deadbeat republicans haven't a changed a single thing about it in 6 months. It's still exactly what obama passed
The GOP with their House bill passage and the Senate bill failure have done more harm to the individual market. POTUS statements about not following the law are also creating pricing issues in the markets, GOP controlled states who did not expand Medicaid are in worse shape. They now need to repair that market or it will collapse.

It's Trump care now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 06:02 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,941,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if McConnell (the "legislative wizard") has a back up plan to try to screw working families in order to give a fat tax break to billionaires.

Because that's what he's all about.

Matter of fact, that's the one issue that ALL GOP office holders agree on.

This thing isn't over yet.

Exactly, they spin a fairy tale about how their alternatives will be better for the average American, and they know that the simple minded mushbrains out there will swallow it hook, line and sinker. This is all about the fleecing of middle class America by the health care industry and the insurance companies. The final version of the existing ACA that the Republican obstructionists finally allowed through did the same, and now they want to finish the job.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
So what was the point of McCain coming leaving the hospital if he was just going to vote against it? He could of stayed at the hospital and gotten the same result.

McCain is everything that is wrong with American politics
They needed his vote to debate and be delivered.

Republicans are crafting legislation on the back of napkins, over lunch and voting hours later.

And the Democrats are doing exactly what the all the Republicans did in March, 2010. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:08 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,295,333 times
The bill dying on the senate floor isn't the issue. The continued failed attempts at repealing, replacing, adjusting, whatever to the ACA isn't the issue.

The Trump administration's ineptitude at performing it's most important work, that being passing legislation that works for Americans is the failure. There seems to be no planning and bi-partisan collaboration. The GOP help back against Obama, and now the Dems are returning the favor, which highlights how split Washington is. Trump's perceived strongest point of being a business leader is comical in Washington. And like a child he sits and Tweets in all his glory.

I have no confidence in this administration getting anything done. Attempts at tax reform should be quite interesting to this CPA. A barbed wire fence will probably appear on the Mexican border. Our government is sad, worst I've seen in my lifetime.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:35 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,979 times
Here's the thing. Trump failed. GOP failed. McCain stood up and did the right thing, much credit to him. You have to wonder though if that surgery he underwent had any bearing on his vote. The expression on McConnell's face when McCain waived thumbs down was priceless. Furthermore, trump and republican loyalists need to take note and realize something about their party. They cannot govern. OTOH, Dems can and have. Pres. Obama promised healthcare overhaul. Delivered. Promised financial reform. Delivered. GM alive and Bin Laden dead. Delivered. And I could go on and on.

GOP holds all levers of power and failed you guys. Republican voters were lied to over and over and over again. GOP simply can't do or solve anything. Trump being head of state just makes those efforts all the more untenable. Fast forward to 2018 and these same voters will blindly vote GOP. Whats the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Well, lets hope the lesson has been learned. My gut tells me it hasn't and that is truly sad.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:29 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,475,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Good. I'm glad to see someone in that joint still has balls.

Maybe Republicans should take a serious look at doing what's actually beneficial for the state of healthcare in this nation rather than just what's politically expedient at the moment.
Since it is not a real healthcare bill, but a tax cut for the rich bill, I suppose McCain didn't want that laying heavily upon his conscience.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:49 AM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times
The vote was a good thing but then Trump comes out and says that we're gonna let Obamacare implode. Didn't he say that before? He speaks in circles, nonsense, over and over and over.

Did you see where Cruz came out with a last minute plan to allow them to take it to discussion if they voted for it? That didn't seem to go over too well--guess everyone knew that was just some sneaky kind of lie and there would never have been any discussion.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:51 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Thank God for small miracles.
So they decided not to scrap the junk car. But they have to fix it now. They didn't have enough courage to scrap it, do you think they will have the courage to fix it?

Old 07-28-2017, 07:51 AM

30,300 posts, read 23,784,547 times
LOL at all the liberal lovefest for McCain now. You all hated him in 2008. Bunch of phonies. Again.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:56 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL at all the liberal lovefest for McCain now. You all hated him in 2008. Bunch of phonies. Again.
I've never hated McCain, and I don't know anyone who has ever expressed hatred toward him. Did I want him for POTUS? No, just like you probably don't want a Dem to be president but I don't think that automatically means you hate all Dems who run for President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies