Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
This. McCain probably would've won that election if it wasn't for that horrible choice for VP.

The only thing that would make the Trump administration goofier than it is, would be if Palin had a position in there. She would be a perfect fit.

You guys are right, Palin was the death of McCain's chances. She is as crazy as they come, and people questioned his thinking process for even considering her. I guess he wanted a woman on the ticket, but he picked a nut case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
McCain's recent surgery must have been a transgender operation.
McCain was a military officer he never had much use for the privates.

Probably because the Navy has no Privates.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Yep, if The Donald were a man of integrity he wouldn't be waiting for Congress to pass a "mean" bill he would be promoting a strong , brilliant plan that resembled his campaign promises.

Instead, he is golfing and hobnobbing every weekend on the taxpayer dime.

If Trump promoted a plan that was actually better than Obamacare, he could easily get a majority of republicans AND Democrats to make it law! Absolutely no excuses. His hands are not tied, he just doesn't have that sort of greatness in him.
And herein lies the problem.
45 hasn't a clue about the basics of healthcare as evidenced by his apparently confusing it with life insurance in that interview with the NY Times.
He strikes me as completely disinterested in doing the actual work involved to craft some sort of plan and wants only to take credit for dismantling Obama's signature legislation.

There was a report this morning on my local newscast, given by a reporter on site in DC, who noted that many Republicans are actually at a loss on how to move forward because they haven't a clue as to what it is that 45 actually wants in a plan. He apparently has given no input other than to whine when things don't go his way.

Absolutely no leadership whatsoever.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
The Trumpers are melting down today. I am getting my popcorn ready.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I tend to be an optimist. So I will say that there is a chance that now all the posturing is over, they may get serious about doing what is right and work together on fixing the ACA. Do I think that the chances are good of that happening? Not really, but you never know.
I would love to be positive on this issue. The right thing and the smart thing to do is a national, high deductible/catastrophic plan for every American and help with the deductible for the poor and working poor. The rest of us buy our own supplemental policies.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Lots of big talking Republicans who said they were for the people ended up caving in to Trumps threats....amazing...

Old 07-28-2017, 09:23 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The vote was a good thing but then Trump comes out and says that we're gonna let Obamacare implode. Didn't he say that before? He speaks in circles, nonsense, over and over and over.

Did you see where Cruz came out with a last minute plan to allow them to take it to discussion if they voted for it? That didn't seem to go over too well--guess everyone knew that was just some sneaky kind of lie and there would never have been any discussion.
Yes, the President of the United States wants to let a large part of the nation's healthcare system implode. Such patriotism!! /s

Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And herein lies the problem.
45 hasn't a clue about the basics of healthcare as evidenced by his apparently confusing it with life insurance in that interview with the NY Times.
He strikes me as completely disinterested in doing the actual work involved to craft some sort of plan and wants only to take credit for dismantling Obama's signature legislation.

There was a report this morning on my local newscast, given by a reporter on site in DC, who noted that many Republicans are actually at a loss on how to move forward because they haven't a clue as to what it is that 45 actually wants in a plan. He apparently has given no input other than to whine when things don't go his way.

Absolutely no leadership whatsoever.
Trump tweeted this morning that we need to change from a 60 vote to a 51 vote majority in order to get legislation passed. Doesn't he even realize that he had 51 republicans last night who could have passed this bill since it was being done under reconciliation but failed to do so?

Old 07-28-2017, 09:34 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Trump tweeted this morning that we need to change from a 60 vote to a 51 vote majority in order to get legislation passed. Doesn't he even realize that he had 51 republicans last night who could have passed this bill since it was being done under reconciliation but failed to do so?
I don't think he realizes that because he is ignorant about the legislative process. #winning

Old 07-28-2017, 09:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would love to be positive on this issue. The right thing and the smart thing to do is a national, high deductible/catastrophic plan for every American and help with the deductible for the poor and working poor. The rest of us buy our own supplemental policies.
medicare for all with supplements offered by private insurance companies could provide that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies